I'm exchanging my wife's Torch in about 1 hour (trackpad doesn't work consistently) and I wanted to know if every Torch comes with 6.0.0.141 and then you have to get the most updated one from online? Or will the AT&T store have some that have the latest platform?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 06:57 PM
    AT&T doesn't use anything past .141 for now.
    10-01-10 07:03 PM
    I'm exchanging my wife's Torch in about 1 hour (trackpad doesn't work consistently) and I wanted to know if every Torch comes with 6.0.0.141 and then you have to get the most updated one from online? Or will the AT&T store have some that have the latest platform
    Like papped said, AT&T is still using .141 as their latest OS. Until they release a new official OS update, which may not happen for months...they will not ship devices with any other OS than .141.

You'll have to do the fairly easy but intimidating process of upgrading - at least now you can have the peace of mind of upgrading to another official version (i.e. Rogers official 6.0.0.246) rather than a leak - but they're the same thing.

You can find links to the upgrade procedure and to the BlackBerry.com download site in my signature.
    10-01-10 09:17 PM
    I just upgraded my ATT .141 to .246 and I was amazed at how easy and quick it was. I was expecting 45-60 minutes as when I used to upgrade my Curve, but the Torch took barely 15 minutes. So far I can say the Torch is much more responsive on the OS, but that is all I've really noticed in the short time I've had the new release.
    10-02-10 01:49 PM
    I also just upgraded to .246 from rogers (go to blackberry.com; the actual link is floating somewhere here). At&t should've released the torch with anything other than the .141! Lol

If you want instructions, see jeffreii's link above. His instructions are awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 07:45 PM
    Haha thanks - the download link to the Rogers official .246 is also in my signature btw.
    10-02-10 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD