I am planning to buy the torch 9800 after using the bold 9000 for two years now.

So is there any disadvantages in this torch or everybody who are using it are really pleased with it so far?

The problem that i have no experience with touch screens at all !!
    I really need 2 hear your thoughts.

Last point, Is there a charger for torch to charge the external battery without placing the battery in the phone 2 charge it? is that thing available or not?
    10-04-10 05:54 PM
    The blackberry torch is a phenomenal upgrade from the 9000 I made that switch about a week ago and couldn't be happier. What makes the torch more phenomenal is that it really makes it an easy switch. If you are uncomfortable with the touch screen you get the option to use the trackpad and keyboard which might I say are amazingly seamless to switch between. as you become more comfortable with the torch you will love the touch screen. I'm sure you will never look back once you purchase one.
    10-04-10 06:07 PM
    Answer to your first question that's the beauty of the torch if you wanna use the touch screen you can if you don't just slide it open and just use it like a regular berry. To answer your second question google it that's the easiest way I'm pretty sure someone has it I too move from a bold to this device and the touch screen isn't that bad imo its a great blackberry I'm loving it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 06:08 PM
    The blackberry torch is a phenomenal upgrade from the 9000 I made that switch about a week ago and couldn't be happier. What makes the torch more phenomenal is that it really makes it an easy switch. If you are uncomfortable with the touch screen you get the option to use the trackpad and keyboard which might I say are amazingly seamless to switch between. as you become more comfortable with the torch you will love the touch screen. I'm sure you will never look back once you purchase one.
    I'll second that..Well said dude
    10-04-10 06:09 PM
    I swirched from a 9000 to a Torch.

The slightly smaller keyboard takes a little getting used to, but you should be able to adapt quickly. The touch screen is a major improvement in interface. Not worrying about a dirty trackball is another improvement.

The touch screen occassionally goes weird in the browser and doesn't recognise your tapping a link, but I'm 100% sure that's a software bug because it still allows you to scroll. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

The Bold is a great phone, but RIM has eliminated it's shortcomings in the Torch.

I believe the crackberry store has an external charger.

10-04-10 06:09 PM
    Well, not everybody is completely satisfied with it, but most of us are.

I happen to love it. Coming from a Bold 9000, I didn't have much experience with touch screens and a virtual keyboard either. That's part of the reason why I wanted this phone, because it has the bigger display and the physical keyboard. However, the more I use it, the more I like the touch screen.

If you're a current BB user, I think you'll find that it has everything that's good about BB's and a whole lot more. Only one way to know for sure, though, and that's to just get one.

Sorry, but I can't answer your question about an external battery charger. But I'm not sure why you'd need one. Battery life is decent ... not spectacular as there are better out there, but I've found it to be better than the 9000. Get yourself a car charger if you think you're going to be away from a power outlet for too long, and you should be fine.
    10-04-10 06:14 PM
    The Torch is my first touchscreen device, and I was surprised at how quickly I had adapted to using it, particularly in portrait mode. I do prefer the physical keyboard, however. I've had my 9800 for only 4 days, and I'm loving it.

10-04-10 06:19 PM
    The touchscreen on BB6 + Torch hardware is very intuitive. It's not a mix-n-match mess like some other OSes like s60v5 for example...
    10-04-10 06:25 PM
    I love the Torch. I'm an iPhone power user. I can repair iPhones. Goodbye iPhone. That doesn't mean I'm an Apple hater or an iPhone hater for that matter. It means I'm a Torch lover. Now if only RIM was Mac friendly, my mobile life would be complete.
    10-04-10 06:28 PM
    Now if only RIM was Mac friendly, my mobile life would be complete.
    Hear, hear!!!!
    10-04-10 11:29 PM
    Mac friendly? Blasphemy!!! JK. You will definitely enjoy the Torch but test one in a store for at least an hour trying everything. Go through all the menus and the browser.

10-05-10 06:26 AM
    I came from a 9700 and I love it. I found the keyboard very similar but for some reason it feels a lot more comfortable to me to type on. I had a storm 1 as well and this was excactly what I said I wanted, touch screen with a physical keyboard.

10-05-10 06:40 AM
    I've used the physical keyboard a total of maybe ten times the virtual keyboard is phenomenal

10-05-10 06:41 AM
    Mac friendly? Blasphemy!!! JK. You will definitely enjoy the Torch but test one in a store for at least an hour trying everything. Go through all the menus and the browser.

If the OP is Canadian, they will only get to "play" with a dummy phone in-store. It's sad really. We typically have a 15 day and 15/30 mins return policy. Not much time to try out the device, but that's what we get.

I jumped from a 9000 to the Torch on Friday and I'm loving it!! Takes some getting used to, but it's a great phone.
    10-05-10 07:09 AM
    Similar to many here I came from the 9000 to the torch. I do love the torch, its an amazing phone. I also loved the 9000 (and still do). Like some people have noted on other posts the torch is very sturdy but for some reason the 9000 feels even more so. I keep my 9000 as my back up but to be 100% honest, if I had to dig it out and push it back into use I wouldnt be disappointed..
    10-05-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD