Maybe its not very photogenic lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 11:45 PM
    Mine will arrive today. I'll post some later this afternoon.
    11-17-10 06:05 AM
    Absolutely in love with that red. Too bad I'm over my 30 days and have a few nicks in it to get a new one and just pay the restocking fee, and I sure am not paying outright for it.
    11-17-10 06:25 AM
    Maybe its not very photogenic lol

lol good one.
    11-17-10 08:06 AM
    So today I went and finally was hands on with all 3 torches. I must say that the black is no longer an option for me. Not that it looks bad, but it's just so much like my Curve 8900 that I currently have that it's not jumping out at me.

I really like the red and white. Both seemed solid, did feel or look cheap or like plastic to me...except maybe the battery doors. The rubbery black on the original is a nice feel. I love the touch screen of the white with the slider closed...the white around the screen really sets it off. Although for some reason I just don't like the white keypad...not sure I'd like it if it was black either. Just not my thing I guess. The red is nice, I thought the black keyboard would be strange but I was wrong. Honestly it's just enough red/orange for it not to seem overdone or too flashy. Just gives it some pop.

My wife pretty much made the decision for me ultimately. She wants the white one, so I suppose I'll go with the red for sure. Amazon had them for $.01 upgrade last night so I hope that offer still exists.

In fact I'm off to check....
    11-17-10 02:07 PM
    Awesome phone! Btw. What theme are you using on your blackberry torch ?
    Here are some more pics... Like I said earlier the color is identical to the Tmobile curve "sunset" if anyone is familar with that color... That was the deal breaker for me personally, I didn't want it if it was flat red like the white or if it was the red color of atts old curves... Hope these pictures help you guys out in your decision making :-)

11-17-10 08:02 PM
    What theme are you using? It looks very nice
    11-17-10 08:39 PM
    ^^ I'd like to see more pics of the white torch as well.
    Here you go...
    11-17-10 08:54 PM
    I just got my white torch today - is anyone else seeing "fuzzy" backlighting on the keyboard and menu buttons???

11-17-10 09:28 PM
    I just got my white torch today - is anyone else seeing "fuzzy" backlighting on the keyboard and menu buttons???

This is my second white torch and I have seen it on both. The store rep made a comment that there is a sticker on that button panel which can be peeled off. Not sure if that is contributing to the 'fuzzy'.

The loose button panel made me return my first torch, so I'm thinking 'No'.I'd really hate if I need to return the second one too due to this reason. Just out of curiosity, I made him open a black one and the button panel seemed much better on that.
    11-17-10 09:38 PM
    White seems kinda girlie to me.
    If you ask me, so does the red. Both are for girls.

A deep dark/blue combo would be nice. like this car:

11-17-10 10:05 PM
    If you ask me, so does the red. Both are for girls.

A deep dark/blue combo would be nice. like this car:

I agree. Like the 8700g.
    11-17-10 10:39 PM
    I played with a red and a white Torch in the at&t store on Saturday and I thought the red just had a bit too much orange hue to it for my personal taste. Love the white. Would be better if the trackpad was white. But, I thought both the red and white versions had better build quality than the displays of the black at launch and my black Torch. No wobble. It didn't bother me until I'd had it a couple months. Now it bugs me a bit. But, that's what I get for being an impatient gotta-have-it-now early adopter.
    I absolutely agree about the better build quality with the red/white Torch devices. I just swapped my black one for a white one because of build issues. I suspect that the new batches of black Torches will have the same build quality as the red/white ones shortly.

If anyone from RIM is reading this, do you know what issues were addressed with the red/white batches?
    11-19-10 11:17 AM
    No more pictures guys? I really like the white one but im not sure yet..
    12-08-10 02:00 PM
    White looks pretty nice, but its definitely marketed towards the female demographic. But to each their own, still a good looking phone.
    12-08-10 02:26 PM
    12-22-10 08:50 PM
    12-23-10 05:15 PM
    Well I got a white and I am a dude. What do you mean by loose button panel? How loose are you talking?
    12-23-10 06:46 PM
    I am leaning toward the white with a lavender seidio case. I'm in love with my 9700 w/ the Black otterbox. I think I could just go back and forth depending on my mood.

01-12-11 04:44 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD