View Poll Results: Which keyboard do you use more?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Physical keys all the way

29 28.16%
  • Mostly physical keys and some virtual Keys

49 47.57%
  • About 50/50

10 9.71%
  • Mostly virtual Keys and some physical keys

10 9.71%
  • Virtual touch keys all the way

5 4.85%
11-02-10 03:23 PM
37 12
tools
    Nobody said anything about iphone. I use the virtual, unless I'm typing something super long. And the virtual keys line up with the physical ones. Predictive text is great too. The form is true to blackberry. These dudes know how to make some damn good phones.
    Hey, I totally agree! That wasn't a slam on bb there's a reason I use the bb and that's because I believe its the best. I've been with bb since the 8700 and have had every att bb since. All I was saying was there's something in *my mind* that when on the bb, I want the physical keyboard
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-30-10 12:57 AM
    I find over time that I'm using the virtual keyboard more and more. Mostly because I'm too lazy to open the slider.
    10-30-10 01:35 AM
    I normally use the physicall keys. It just seems easier to type on actual buttons than the touchscreen keyboard. I usually only use the virtual keyboard when I'm in bed or whenever it just feels right.
    10-30-10 02:22 AM
    After owning an iPhone 3G for two years and never really getting used to a virtual keyboard ... it's physical all the way for me. Heck, the keyboard is one of the major reasons I got a BlackBerry Torch! :-)
    10-30-10 05:08 AM
    NoahFecks, thanks.

-Rich

Options-->Typing and Input-->Typing. Set the style to Direct for both keyboards.
    11-01-10 11:36 AM
    I love to get physical but with that virtual keyboard option available, I find I am typing equally fast with the virtual keyboard now. I love the Torch!!

11-01-10 11:52 AM
    Mostly physical keys but virtual on some occasions. Virtual keys are great for entering passwords as you get the brief visual confirmation that you hit the right key.
    11-01-10 01:05 PM
    Mostly the physical keyboard. I am too inaccurate with the virtual keyboard. Either my thumbs are too big or I need to go to the Opthamologist to get my eyes corrected because where I think I'm hitting sometimes is not what I hit. Would this be a case of spatial dissonance?
    Last edited by newcollector; 11-01-10 at 01:52 PM.
    11-01-10 01:48 PM
    I got the torch for the physical keyboard, but lately I find myself using the virtual keyboard as often (if not slightly more) than the slide out keyboard. I find I'm also getting faster typing on the virtual keyboard as well, and prone to fewer mistakes. I should clarify that I'm using the landscape keyboard as opposed to the portrait mode, when talking about the virtual keyboard.

11-01-10 02:18 PM
    I usually use the physical keyboard, but like lots of others, I find myself getting familiar with the landscape virtual and am using it more often now.

11-01-10 02:44 PM
    I prefer the physical keyboard. If the virtual keyboard had some feedback maybe I would use it. I need to feel the confirmation that I pressed something. Also, I don't like how screen bounces up and down when the phone is closed. I guess that is the confirmation of a key being pressed....!??
    11-02-10 12:42 PM
    I voted 50/50. For small things like entering in a url, or a small msg I use the on screen. When I start chatting with someone or typing a post or an email I'll use the real keyboard.
    11-02-10 03:23 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD