View Poll Results: Which keyboard do you use more?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Physical keys all the way

29 28.16%
  • Mostly physical keys and some virtual Keys

49 47.57%
  • About 50/50

10 9.71%
  • Mostly virtual Keys and some physical keys

10 9.71%
  • Virtual touch keys all the way

5 4.85%
    Torch users owners what do you prefer?
    10-29-10 05:12 AM
    Physical, that's why I got the Torch. I went in to get a Tour and the Torch was the same price....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 05:17 AM
    Physical, even if it feels a little small for my thumbs. The physical keyboard combined with the touch screen was THE reason I waited for the Torch.

10-29-10 06:21 AM
    Although I originally bought the torch for the touchscreen/physical keyboard, I find myself using the virtual keyboard more and more.
    10-29-10 06:34 AM
    Physical. The touchscreen and trackpad in concert with the keyboard make messaging, multi-tasking and browsing more enjoyable. I am getting better on the virtual one though.

10-29-10 06:34 AM
    Physical. The touchscreen and trackpad in concert with the keyboard make messaging, multi-tasking and browsing more enjoyable. I am getting better on the virtual one though.

Totally agree.

I love my Torch!
    10-29-10 07:19 AM
    Originally I used the physical keyboard a lot but now I find myself using the touchscreen more and more. I find that I'm typing just as easy or faster than with the physical keyboard and I don't have to slide it out. I'm assuming the virtual keyboard will also get better and better with new OS'es, so it will make it even faster.

I only pull the keyboard out for longer work emails now or when I have to edit documents or spreadsheets.

10-29-10 07:24 AM
    physical keyboard for typing. for scrolling through a list or enlarging photos, a mobile touch device is pretty cool. It's the reason why the torch wins out. I'm glad the torch also came with the trackpad, makes editing errors easier too.

having said that, I'd be quite happy with the 9780 or style without the touchscreen as long as I have the new torch webkit browser.
    10-29-10 07:30 AM
    I love the physical keys
    10-29-10 07:47 AM
    I always use the physical kb to type (and for shortcuts) but I have to say, really like using the touchscreen to scroll through pages, photos and selecting menu items and options. It's great!
    10-29-10 07:57 AM
    Yeah the touch screen is awesome for web navigation
    10-29-10 08:04 AM
    It depends. If I am just hammering a quick reply I may use the vurtual keyboard because I'm too lazy to flip it open. Esp if its on a table, I will two finger type one out. That being said, I love the physical keyboard.

10-29-10 08:06 AM
    100% physical.
    10-29-10 12:12 PM
    It'd be nice if there was some sort of "feedback" sound when you type on the virtual kb. That'd probably get me to use it more. I like the fact that I can push the button, feel the "click" of each button, and know I pushed it. I can't type half as fast on the virtual KB because I have to pay more attention to whether I pushed a "button", and whether it was the right key.
    10-29-10 12:31 PM
    I believe the virtual keyboard got better after the original .141 OS. I still don't like how it changes my text (e.g. "st" when I meant "at"). Is there a setting to turn this off?

-Rich
    10-29-10 12:32 PM
    I believe the virtual keyboard got better after the original .141 OS. I still don't like how it changes my text (e.g. "st" when I meant "at"). Is there a setting to turn this off?

-Rich
    Options-->Typing and Input-->Typing. Set the style to Direct for both keyboards.
    10-29-10 01:43 PM
    I thought I'd be using the SureType keyboard more often than I do now, but at this point, I really wouldn't care if this phone didn't have a touchscreen. The only thing I primarily use it for is pinch zooming.

10-29-10 01:52 PM
    I use the virtual keyboard to unlock the phone, everything else is done on the real keyboard.
    10-29-10 03:56 PM
    I am surprised how much i like the keyboard when it is horizontal. The first 2 weeks I almost didn't use that at all. When I finally did I realized thats how I type fastest.

For some things though, you can't beat the physical keyboard.
    10-29-10 04:44 PM
    I guess I'm an old fashioned crackberry addict. I just can't type well on the virtual keyboard. I suppose its all about what your used to. My kids have an iphone4 and a captivate and they can type faster than I can with those. I love the physical keyboard but use the touchscreen for almost everything else. What a great combo !

10-29-10 04:50 PM
    I guess I'm an old fashioned crackberry addict. I just can't type well on the virtual keyboard. I suppose its all about what your used to. My kids have an iphone4 and a captivate and they can type faster than I can with those. I love the physical keyboard but use the touchscreen for almost everything else. What a great combo !

ditto! same here
    10-29-10 04:57 PM
    Really surprised to see these results.. I guess coming from a storm i'm not the norm lol.. I can honestly say I never use the physical keyboard.
    10-29-10 09:29 PM

Regardless that I'm on a fanboy place for the BBs, the iPhone has a much much better touchscreen keyboard. I use both (torch and iPhone4) and the I4 wins with light years ahead, when it comes to ease/speed/sense.
    10-29-10 10:54 PM
    I usually use the physical. I've tried and tried to get used to the virtual but something about it being on a bb I always use the physical. I had no issues when using an iphone I think its jusy the way my minds works when on the BB

10-29-10 11:52 PM
    Nobody said anything about iphone. I use the virtual, unless I'm typing something super long. And the virtual keys line up with the physical ones. Predictive text is great too. The form is true to blackberry. These dudes know how to make some damn good phones.

10-29-10 11:53 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD