I was texting away when all of a sudden my keyboard Stopped working. Every single button. It was like it had been disabled or something.

My touchscreen works Perfect. All the buttons on the face of the torch work fine, as well as the cursor. Just the physical keyboard doesn't work.

I tried restarting, taking battery out and checking all my options but nothing fixed the problem. Hasthis happened to anyone else? Or does anyone know how to fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 01:04 AM
    Try reloading the OS .337, and if that doesn't fix it id say you need an RMA.
    12-24-10 01:34 AM
    Sorry not really technically savy. How would I go about reloading the OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 01:48 AM
    See the link below, for the download and simple installation instructions.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BE2BF2D3D7ECE3

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

Make sure you install blackberry desktop manager to do this.
    12-24-10 02:59 AM
    thx brett, i will give it a shot and let you know if that worked.

btw, what is a RMA? like i said before, not the most technical savy guy in the world
    12-24-10 04:21 PM
    RMA is just exchanging your Torch for another one in store or getting a warranty replacement. Depends on how long you've had your phone every carrier has their own policy set into place
    12-24-10 04:34 PM
    i didnt buy the extended warranty, but ive only had the phone since it was released in Canada which was end of Sept. So 3 months?
    12-24-10 04:38 PM
    Who is your service provider for the Torch? Rogers, Bell or Telus?
    12-24-10 04:38 PM
    I am with Telus
    12-24-10 04:42 PM
    Call Telus' Customer Service or Tech Support and talk to them about your issue. I'm not suere if Telus just sends a replacement or needs it sent away for repairs, but give them a call. Your phone comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty regardless of getting their extended warranty or not
    12-24-10 04:44 PM
    Just in case you need the number:

Telus Tech Support is 1-866-558-2273
    12-24-10 04:45 PM
    thx aznlgcy!!! Did that today, but with it being xmas eve and all, guess they were busy. Haven't heard back yet. But thats good to know with the one year manufacturer warranty.

Much appreciated.
    12-24-10 04:48 PM
    i think it actually has something to do with my slider. before when i slid the screen open, the backlight on the screen would turn on. Now it is not. I wonder if the phone is not recognizing if the slider being opened, hence the physical keyboard not working
    12-24-10 04:50 PM
    No worries and Happy Holidays
    12-24-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD