I recently installes 6.0.0.337 OS on my phone and I've noticed the temp of my phone gets a lot hotter than before, why is this and is it doing the phone any harm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 05:49 PM
    I wouldn't know a reason wyhy your Torch is heating up pretty hot. But usually at higher temperatures it can cause issues leading to eventual hardwre failure
    01-05-11 06:53 PM
    I have .337 installed and have not noticed this. I'd say back up your data, wipe the device and reinstall the os. If it doesn't help, you may have a faulty unit.

01-05-11 07:19 PM
    I'd go back to your previous OS, high temps wil increase the chances of condensation. This will result in more or less water damage issues to your phone. Dochouse answer should be followed first though.

Last edited by f0xx386; 01-05-11 at 07:29 PM.
    01-05-11 07:25 PM
    I noticed my Bold gets warm if I'm in a low or no signal area. Especially with applications trying to update, the device trying to find a solid signal.
    01-05-11 07:28 PM
    My phone ran hotter after moving to .337 but I didn't think it was excessively hot. I could notice a difference though. After a few battery pulls and a day to let the OS settle in mine was no longer hot.

I just did the OS only and then restored only my contacts. After a couple days I put the apps back on and all is good.

01-05-11 08:36 PM
    The heat your feeling, if at the bottom portion of the phone, is the processor getting warm with use.

Think of your pc and all the fans in it to keep the processor and various components cool, same concept with oyur phone except theres no fans to cool it.

Try reinstalling OS's several times in a day(gets super warm). This is normal and will not harm the device in any way.
    01-06-11 08:17 AM
    The heat your feeling, if at the bottom portion of the phone, is the processor getting warm with use.

Think of your pc and all the fans in it to keep the processor and various components cool, same concept with oyur phone except theres no fans to cool it.

Try reinstalling OS's several times in a day(gets super warm). This is normal and will not harm the device in any way.
    So is it best just to leave the OS I have installed as it should be ok

01-06-11 10:23 AM
    Take your phone back to where you got it. There are no known OS issues that could cause your phone to over heat. Often a faulty battery could be to blame.

Either way when you take your phone back they will either give you a new phone or get you a new battery. RIM has an excellent return policy which means a cellular carrier will generally not argue.
    01-06-11 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD