Hi, I'm a newbie to BB and quite enjoying my experience with it. I have two queries regarding the Torch 9800.
    1). After I lock the phone (top left hand side of the phone) I have noticed that the phone somehow unlocks itself randomly and the screen comes on. Howcome this happens ?
    2). Is there a setting on this phone where I can block certain e-mails being pushed to my phone - these e-mails need to go to my work pc and don't need them on my phone.
    01-19-11 10:49 PM
    1) It'll unlocked if u pen d slider, or u accidentally push d lock button again. D button is very sensitive, just needed a small amount of pushing and it'll activate

2) I don't believe u could do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 10:52 PM
    Hi, I'm a newbie to BB and quite enjoying my experience with it. I have two queries regarding the Torch 9800.
    1). After I lock the phone (top left hand side of the phone) I have noticed that the phone somehow unlocks itself randomly and the screen comes on. Howcome this happens ?
    2). Is there a setting on this phone where I can block certain e-mails being pushed to my phone - these e-mails need to go to my work pc and don't need them on my phone.
    1-) The top button is really sensitive. You can solve this by using a password (really short one so its not a hassle) on the device or you can try patternlock or berryslider, which lock the phone based on a pattern (first) or iphone's slider (second).

2-) Use filters. On messages, press menu, go to options, then to email account management. Hover the email address you want, press menu, then filters. There, you can set filters for certain addresses based on rules and set the action (forward or not to forward).
    Last edited by gbsn; 01-19-11 at 11:00 PM.
    01-19-11 10:56 PM
    1-) The top button is really sensitive. You can solve this by using a password (really short one so its not a hassle) on the device or you can try patternlock or berryslider, which lock the phone based on a pattern (first) or iphone's slider (second).

2-) Use filters. On messages, press menu, go to options, then to email account management. Hover the email address you want, press menu, then filters. There, you can set filters for certain addresses based on rules and set the action (forward or not to forward).
    Thanx gbsn.....I assume the berryslider is a downloadable ap.....? I'll go and have a look...
    Regarding the e-mail filters..i'll have a squizz on the phone and see if i can set it up....
    tx again for you help
    01-19-11 11:06 PM
    If the emails you have that you don't want on your phone have something in common filters will be the easiest way. Like from the same person. I remember when I had a 7130e I had to filter email sent by me on gmail so it wouldn't end up in my inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 04:37 AM
    Used the filter and all is working 100%. My phone was getting so clogged up and now I'm a happy man.
    01-20-11 05:13 AM
    That was an annoying problem for me until PatternLock was installed. Two versions are in the app store. One free (works just fine for simple locking) and one paid (with advanced features). Highly recommended.
    01-20-11 09:44 AM
    I use Berry Slider works great! I paid for it when it was storm slider, works fantastic and locks while you are on the phone so your face doesn't activate any of the options while on a call. I grabbed this when I had the storm! A must for touch screen devices in my opinion.
    01-20-11 09:49 AM
    That was an annoying problem for me until PatternLock was installed. Two versions are in the app store. One free (works just fine for simple locking) and one paid (with advanced features). Highly recommended.
    +1 on PatternLock.

If you are unsure you can take a look through this thread which outlines the various lock apps http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/pa...pelock-546179/
    01-20-11 10:48 AM
    What I have learned is that this phone already has an existing Locking option, and it's under Security- Password. If you enable a Password look at 2 options that say: Lock After and Lock Handheld Upon Holstering. You can actually choose how long you want your phone to be locked with the Lock After option, AND if you keep your phone in it's holster it will stay locked for a certain amount of time.
    I do agree the D lock is sensitive, but maybe that's why RIM chose to place Password on the phone.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 01-28-11 at 10:38 PM.
    01-28-11 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD