I just got the phone 2 days ago and everything works fine except for the 3.5 mm jack. I plug it in to my car mp3 port and the music plays fine but the phone stops functioning. No physical buttons respond even the unlock. The only thing that works is sliding the phone open which gives me touch access to the music screen. The music screen functions fine but since the physical buttons don't work I can't escape from the music screen. I have to remove the battery for the phone to function normally again. Any ideas as to what this coul be?
    12-02-10 08:28 AM
    That's interesting. I have a friend who is on their 5th torch because of it "going to sleep" and not waking up. I'm not sure if they used the 3.5mm jack or not. I'd be interested to see if anyone else had similar problems.
    12-02-10 08:44 AM
    Hey there, are you putting the phone in a holster of some kind? I found that mine was doing this. By not having the holster gripping so tight they work again
    Supraseth94 likes this.
    12-03-10 09:40 AM
    I've been using my Torch to listen to music while walking, driving etc and have not had the problem you're having. One thing that did go wrong at first was the music would stop inexplicably. I was quite puzzled for a while then I realized that I was inadvertently brushing against the "mute" button (the physical button located on the top side of the Torch, on the right side of the top surface when viewed from the front). The mute button serves to "pause" the music if it is pressed while music is playing. Once I realized what it was, I just made sure the mute button was not sitting somewhere that it could be accidentally pressed.
    12-03-10 02:02 PM
    I have experienced this but on a very intermittant basis i.e. 1 out of 10 plays.
    12-05-10 01:19 AM
    MNBrennan, exactly right. I loosened the phone holder that i was using int he car and the problem is gone. Thanks.
    12-09-10 05:59 AM
    I've been using my Torch to listen to music while walking, driving etc and have not had the problem you're having. One thing that did go wrong at first was the music would stop inexplicably. I was quite puzzled for a while then I realized that I was inadvertently brushing against the "mute" button (the physical button located on the top side of the Torch, on the right side of the top surface when viewed from the front). The mute button serves to "pause" the music if it is pressed while music is playing. Once I realized what it was, I just made sure the mute button was not sitting somewhere that it could be accidentally pressed.
    i have'nt experienced this issue..its quite strange...make sure you are using the earpiece that came with it..maybe its not compatible with other earphones...
    12-10-10 01:54 AM
    Call me crazy, but I think your jack is grounding out. This sounds like 1 in a million as I've never heard of a PHONE doing this. Laptops can and other hardware, so I wouldn't doubt its possible. Bring it back

Lol just read the solution and holster "oops"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by brettmyster; 12-10-10 at 03:35 AM.
    12-10-10 03:33 AM
    Another Torch problem, this forum is filled up with Torch problems
    12-10-10 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD