Ok, so I'm a newbie and haven't done much synching. I am sure that I synched my phone to "nothing" on my laptop.

However, ALL of my old telephone numbers from my old SIM card were wiped out.

Do I need to take the old SIM back to Best Buy and have them load the data again? When I did it the first time, Best Buy had to put my old (2006) SIM into a converter (though it looked the same size).

I figured out how to re-sync the gmail and hotmail email addresses.

But not the phone, which came from my old SIM card. Would I be able to insert the old SIM card for a few minutes and re-load?

Help! Thanks!
    01-10-11 10:06 PM
    help?!

btw, LOVE this phone.
    01-11-11 07:10 PM
    Did you copy the contacts from your old phone to the SIM? If you did, you should be able to put the old SIM in your torch and copy the contacts. If not you should be able to put the new SIM in the old phone, copy the contacts to the SIM, and then put it back in the Torch.
    RML likes this.
    01-11-11 07:22 PM
    Get them off the SIM asap. Use an ota service or sync to a computer. There is not a PDA out there that does not sync to a mac or pc. Using the SIM has limitations. Any store can assist you if popping the old SIM into your Torch fails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 07:35 PM
    doing a simple insert of the old SIM right into the phone worked! wow. this is impressive.

considering at the store they acted like my old SIM was the devil...even though it was a 3G card...

WORKED!

thank you. i am becoming a crack battic.
    01-11-11 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD