Hi, everyone!

I recently got a Torch. It is my first smartphone and I am VERY happy with my choice I have a question about certain types of phone calls. If I call a number that has a menu where you have to press a certain number to navigate, what is the best way to do this? I call the number but my slide out keyboard doesn't work to press numbers. I have to have the slide closed, hit the keyboard button and then hurry and hit the button on the screen before it disappears.

I hope that makes sense.
    10-21-10 09:56 PM
    I dont get the question sorry haha
    10-21-10 10:01 PM
    While in a call, push the bottom left button on the touch screen and that brings up the dial pad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 10:05 PM
    While in a call, push the bottom left button on the touch screen and that brings up the dial pad

Right. I do that and the dial pad comes up but only stays for maybe 1 second or so. I have to be very quick about listening to the menu, hitting a key to wake up the screen...which goes dark after just a few seconds into the call...and then hitting the right number on the diap pad before it shuts off again. LOL

Today, I was thinking, "There's got to be an easier way!" LOL
    10-21-10 10:12 PM
    Ahhh, when you put your face up against the screen it will dim to black, is that what you mean? I oftentimes tap the black screen and bring up the numpad and go from there. If I'm somewhere private I will put the phone on speaker and bring up the numpad (both cases the virtual one). Worst case I slide the phone open and use the physical buttons. I think it's an issue of the screen locking when your face is up against it that's causing the grief, no?

10-21-10 11:21 PM
    The slide keyboard (physical) works perfectly fine for using numbers while on the phone. The phone is "smart" enough to know that when your actually in the phone and you press the "w" key that you actually are want to hit the "1".

Simply try this out..slide open your keyboard and hit:
    Dddwerd

You'll notice that at the very top of the screen is says "Dddwerd" but the line below shows: 5551235

Simply press the green talk key and away you go.

Last edited by Rickroller; 10-21-10 at 11:58 PM.
    10-21-10 11:51 PM
    Ahhh, when you put your face up against the screen it will dim to black, is that what you mean? I oftentimes tap the black screen and bring up the numpad and go from there. If I'm somewhere private I will put the phone on speaker and bring up the numpad (both cases the virtual one). Worst case I slide the phone open and use the physical buttons. I think it's an issue of the screen locking when your face is up against it that's causing the grief, no?

Exactly. I just have a hard time doing all the steps needed to push a number button to navigate a menu fast enough.
    10-22-10 09:18 AM
    The slide keyboard (physical) works perfectly fine for using numbers while on the phone. The phone is "smart" enough to know that when your actually in the phone and you press the "w" key that you actually are want to hit the "1".

Simply try this out..slide open your keyboard and hit:
    Dddwerd

You'll notice that at the very top of the screen is says "Dddwerd" but the line below shows: 5551235

Simply press the green talk key and away you go.

Apparently my phone isn't that smart...LOL

When I am on the phone and navigating a menu, I have tried pressing the number I need on my slide out keypad...nothing happens.

If I am NOT on the phone or doing anything else and I type in letters, I do see the number option that you talked about. But, if I am on a call that requires me to push numbers, then the slideout keyboard has not worked for me to do that.
    10-22-10 09:22 AM
    You can if using the same numbers all the time, program a wait into the number you call. When the call connects, simply press the trackpad to send the other combination of numbers. I forget exactly how to do this as i haven't had to do it for years since i just keep migrating my phone book, but i know its possible.
    10-22-10 09:25 AM
    Sliding out the keyboard to type in a combination of numbers when connected to a call works for me... Just tried it. Maybe something didnt copy over correctly when installing the OS. Have you tried a battery pull to fix this, or perhaps reinstalling the OS?
    10-22-10 09:28 AM
    Apparently my phone isn't that smart...LOL

When I am on the phone and navigating a menu, I have tried pressing the number I need on my slide out keypad...nothing happens.

If I am NOT on the phone or doing anything else and I type in letters, I do see the number option that you talked about. But, if I am on a call that requires me to push numbers, then the slideout keyboard has not worked for me to do that.
    Hmm..something wrong then..because your physical keyboard should work for this. Does it work for the other things I used for an example? If not then i'd say there is something defective with it.
    10-22-10 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD