I used to sit in my uncomfy office chair, hunched forward, staring at the computer to do my day trading, now I just do my scans before market opens then chill on my sofa listening to tunes on my headphones, watching my stocks, email, and twitter over the wifi. I ABSOLUTELY love this phone. And my sofa.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 02:06 PM
    That's the dumbest thing I've read yet on these forums. As a fulltime daytrader for 14 years, I can assure you that this lovely torch can't replace my 5 monitors. Lol

11-08-10 03:21 PM
    Yea I was sitting here thinking how in the heck do you day trade strictly from your Blackberry Torch unless its just a hobby of yours.
    11-08-10 03:22 PM
    I can't chime in on day tradining, but as a reporter/writer, I don't even carry around my netbook anymore. My Torch has nearly made my netbook obsolete (still use it for image and graphic editing).

Documents to Go, e-mail and new browser make it perferct to write, research and submit my stories to my editor. I hope the Torch line will live on because RIM really got me hooked for life with this device.

11-08-10 04:12 PM
    Thats good to hear, its always good to find that device that fits you.
    11-08-10 04:41 PM
    I used to sit in my uncomfy office chair, hunched forward, staring at the computer to do my day trading, now I just do my scans before market opens then chill on my sofa listening to tunes on my headphones, watching my stocks, email, and twitter over the wifi. I ABSOLUTELY love this phone. And my sofa.

...and your life apparently
    11-08-10 04:47 PM
    lol.

this was funny - i have entered trades on the device - cool...usually just use it to check balances on the road.

sadly - there are not any actual trading apps except for thinkorswim. but not available in canada.
    11-08-10 05:06 PM
    lol.

this was funny - i have entered trades on the device - cool...usually just use it to check balances on the road.

sadly - there are not any actual trading apps except for thinkorswim. but not available in canada.
    Yeah, I just finally tried installing etrade mobile pro with no luck.
    11-08-10 05:17 PM
    lol.

Think or swim and Interactive brokers both work great on my torch. I luckily use thinkorswim as I was a client before TD bought them. They should start taking new canadian clients soon. IB is a great platform too and available to canadians.

I use both often on the torch to watch markets and exit some positions when i have to be away from my desk, but cannot actually daytrade on a phone.
    11-08-10 06:17 PM
    Think or swim Canada. Not opening soon. Believe me I know.
    11-08-10 06:29 PM
    I'm surprised. Why would TD buy them and run a canadian division and not take clients. They serve me very well and are fully integrated with TD for statements etc. Would you share what you know. I have friends waiting to be clients and they are very jealous that I am. Lol

11-08-10 06:39 PM
    Yes I only daytrade as a hobby (for now) and I play momo plays mostly so I just watch volume and movement, I don't need 5 monitors yet. (I'm not stockguy22 or investorslive) and the torch suffices for all of that! If I really need to see a chart quickly then sure I get on the PC but really the majority of my day trading has been taken over by my torch!

11-09-10 06:53 AM
    hmm, next blackberry to have a second slide out screen?
    11-09-10 07:59 AM
    DS style lol
    11-09-10 08:26 AM
    The Blackpad, or whatever they call it would fit the description.

11-09-10 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD