I swear some of you come to CrackBerry not to learn, or to help, but merely to get your jollies bashing members and devices. Really, the StormTroopers bought their phones expecting OS6?

This thread is in ICU, and the priest is saying his final words. Can we please keep it grounded in reality?
    01-02-11 11:29 PM
    +1. i'm a Canadian as well (a proud Canadian ) and most of my friends who have upgraded to the iPhone 4 have sold their iPhone 4s and bought the Torch and said they would never go back if they were offered. And most importantly I love mine too I've simply fell inlove with it and can't put it down!
    I have a Blackberry Torch. I have an iPhone 3. I have a Dell Streak running Froyo. I carry them all with me.

They're all GSM devices. I know how to use them all pretty well. I have jailbroken the iPhone, and rooted the Streak.

Guess which of those three devices my SIM card is in?

You guessed right if you said "Torch", because it is the far superior communications device. The other two are fun toys (although I'm finding the Streak more fun than the iPhone, cuz it's got a bigger screen and that means bigger buttons and that means fewer typing errors).

Yes, I know that most people only want to carry 1 device, and have to make compromises if that's what they want. I'm a no-compromises kind of guy, and I carry the device for communication first and foremost, so if I was going to have to only have 1, it would be the Torch.

But that's just me. I'm strange, if by "strange" you consider carrying all three of the major mobile device platforms around "strange".

So I'll have to echo the "don't speak for me" statement. And that I have friends who have iPhones that love them, but they're mostly using them for surfing and fart apps, so I suggest they'd be happier with an Android-based device, because that platform is really opening up, and OH, the FART APPS that will come with the increased innovation provided by a truly open platform. It's MIND boggling. And I like the Widgets on the desktop. I have a button right there on my home screen that makes the "sad trombone" sound without having to launch an app at all! :-)

So, if anything is going to lure me away from my Torch, it'll probably be an android device with a 4 or 5 inch screen and a full keyboard up to par with a BB keyboard. Android is BB competition going forward, not iPhone, IMHO.

I just wish there would be another OS update for the Torch that would finally put some WINGS on that browser. I gave it the benefit of the doubt when I first got my torch but the experience of browsing on the Streak's 5" screen makes it hard to use either the iPhone or the Torch.
    01-02-11 11:30 PM
    01-02-11 11:35 PM
    Thanks for the numerous reminders of why I prefer to avoid these types of threads all together. I had forgotten for a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 12:48 AM
    Now I'm pretty sure that is entirely BS. My iPhone and the millions of iPhones that have been sold are operating in a proper manner. If you have any proof then bring it out. I doubt that there are any logical Crackberry members that would support your claim that all those iPhones failed.
    3. Fewer failed and dropped calls - iPhone 5: 20 most-wanted features (photos) - CNET Reviews

01-05-11 09:20 PM
    Back to topic, I returned my Torch. Could not take the crappy build quality.
    01-12-11 12:41 PM
    I switched from an iPhone 3GS to Torch. Couldnt be happier. THere is something about the Torch that I will not exchange it for an iPhone or an Android phone. I just love my Torch. I was never so satisfied by any piece of electronic.
    01-13-11 12:19 AM
    I had the iPhone 4 and had reception issues. And I was holding it right! Gosh! Got the Motorola Droid Pro but had reception issues as well. Got the Torch and I'm never looking back! I still have my beloved Bold 9700 and 9000.
    01-13-11 12:24 AM
    Your talking about the ones who came from the iPhone to BB and back to the iPhone and are under the Steve Jobs mind control. Sorry where the loyal type of bb users and have the patience to live with the issues and can wait for a solution. Thanks for the nice story though

Here Here. Got my first bb around September ( a used curve 5820 ) I loved it! Although after a while the trackpad would often freeze, I put it down to being old. I then heard of the Torch and wanted it from then on. I had seen the bad reviews and it only has 3 1/2 stars on Amazon but I thought, sod it, I'm getting it. Even now my Torch has started lagging with the memory card in, I am waiting for fixes from RIM. I won't get a I4, I just see it as a simple phone. Everything has a little image with it to make it easier to use and you cannot change many settings. Have you tried converting a song for the iPhone so it can be set as a ringtone...? Can safely say I'm on the BB train for a while
    01-13-11 07:26 AM
    At the end of the day it's all about what phone works for YOU... Seems like this is all a pissing contest at this point...

01-13-11 07:47 AM
    Here Here. Got my first bb around September ( a used curve 5820 ) I loved it! Although after a while the trackpad would often freeze, I put it down to being old. I then heard of the Torch and wanted it from then on. I had seen the bad reviews and it only has 3 1/2 stars on Amazon but I thought, sod it, I'm getting it. Even now my Torch has started lagging with the memory card in, I am waiting for fixes from RIM. I won't get a I4, I just see it as a simple phone. Everything has a little image with it to make it easier to use and you cannot change many settings. Have you tried converting a song for the iPhone so it can be set as a ringtone...? Can safely say I'm on the BB train for a while
    If you are experiencing lagging with your memory card in, try formatting the card from your phone. If that doesn't work, it may be a faulty card.
    01-13-11 12:54 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD