I don't pay attention to specs. If I like the phone and meets my needs, that's all I care about. I love my Torch. I've had no problems with it, love everything about it and have no desire to look at any other phone. Definitely staying in the BB family if I ever buy/need a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    homer1475 and greeby like this.
    01-02-11 07:30 AM
    I think that you guys are forgetting that newer tehonology allows for a mor feature rich phone. As many of you have admitted the competition has more features. And my iPhone 4's battery life is fine of not on par with my Torch's. Btw my iPhone 4 is a fine and extremely user friendly communicating device (and it has push), the Torch is just better in that area. And i suggest you read my posts again, I do have a Torch.

My apologies then. They way the post came off sounded as different I suppose. I agree it would be nice to see a phone developed by rim foe flyour everyday consumer who wants the great specs. Should the torch have been that phone, NO. As far as Android being a redundant os I don't agree. For me I see the new bboard 6 being that way with pages on the homescreen that allow for little customization. It ticked me off to scroll through the pages when I could orginize my apps in order on my first page. I never used the media or recent used pages for anything. Favorite page occasionally. But I do like bboard for the simplicity and security and if rim would combine that with cutting edge technology that would be great. Maybe they are doing research on this for all we know and will release the device when they feel it is ready.

01-02-11 11:49 AM
    Honestly only the real cell phone enthusiests would ever look at "specs" on a phone to determin what phone to get. Casual consumers are influenced by outside sources like media, family and friends etc. RIM knows this and we can see their commercials trageting people with celeb camios etc. This is what will really grow RIM in the consumer market. While having a adequate and appealing device helps too

I think with a device like the Torch RIM has taken a step in the right direction by blending media and business into one package that was never really offered to the BB users before. It was what most BB users wanted, and RIM delivered. Not bad for a first try IMO. With the Torch I think we can rest assured that RIM will be further improving their media/business package for us.

01-02-11 12:33 PM
    Honestly only the real cell phone enthusiests would ever look at "specs" on a phone to determin what phone to get. Casual consumers are influenced by outside sources like media, family and friends etc. RIM knows this and we can see their commercials trageting people with celeb camios etc. This is what will really grow RIM in the consumer market. While having a adequate and appealing device helps too

I think with a device like the Torch RIM has taken a step in the right direction by blending media and business into one package that was never really offered to the BB users before. It was what most BB users wanted, and RIM delivered. Not bad for a first try IMO. With the Torch I think we can rest assured that RIM will be further improving their media/business package for us.

so what exactly was the storm 1 and storm 2

this is more like RIMs 3rd try at getting consumers to buy BB. The storm 1 actually sold better than the torch i bet has but the torch is a much better and polished device
    01-02-11 01:12 PM
    The Storm 1 and 2 did not have a physical keyboard...and as you are aware the Torch does. Truly Combining both aspects of business and media together into one package
    01-02-11 01:53 PM
    ? Ok, buddy, i texted back and fourth with my buddies. Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint all worked fine, but ALL iPhones failed. Is it network related? Is it device related? You tell me, all I know is what happen.

Now I'm pretty sure that is entirely BS. My iPhone and the millions of iPhones that have been sold are operating in a proper manner. If you have any proof then bring it out. I doubt that there are any logical Crackberry members that would support your claim that all those iPhones failed.
    01-02-11 03:04 PM
    My apologies then. They way the post came off sounded as different I suppose. I agree it would be nice to see a phone developed by rim foe flyour everyday consumer who wants the great specs. Should the torch have been that phone, NO. As far as Android being a redundant os I don't agree. For me I see the new bboard 6 being that way with pages on the homescreen that allow for little customization. It ticked me off to scroll through the pages when I could orginize my apps in order on my first page. I never used the media or recent used pages for anything. Favorite page occasionally. But I do like bboard for the simplicity and security and if rim would combine that with cutting edge technology that would be great. Maybe they are doing research on this for all we know and will release the device when they feel it is ready.

I'm sure that RIM is working on a more consumer oriented phone as we speak. That's why they purchased QNX and TAT. I'm not a BB hater, I love mine for communication purposes but little else. The point I have been trying to make is that RIM needs to change in a more consumer oriented direction to remain truly competitive in the forseeable future. Businesses and government don't upgrade phones frequently. But there's millions on consumers that do.
    01-02-11 03:16 PM
    I think reason people compare BB to iPhone is you now see RIM trying to market the fun part of the Torch. Well that wont compete. I have the Torch and iPhone but I accept that the OS of a Torch is behind but I use the Torch more for a communication device so thats fine. My real problem with the Torch or any others BB's is the build quality. My Torch's bezel sqeaks and creaks and same with the battery cover. My 9700 bezel creaked a lot too. You dont have that issue with build quality on iPhones. I would like to see RIM build better quality devices and then maybe return rates wont be so high.
    01-02-11 04:03 PM
    You just proved his point.
    Did I? Or did you just feel like replying nonsense. Because logic did not, unless he is agreeing with me that AT&T and the iToy sucks.

Now I'm pretty sure that is entirely BS. My iPhone and the millions of iPhones that have been sold are operating in a proper manner. If you have any proof then bring it out. I doubt that there are any logical Crackberry members that would support your claim that all those iPhones failed.
    You're not the brightest of the bunch huh? I think you should exchange some of that ******** attitude with some brains "buddy". Its no lie, and I mentioned what I witnessed with my buddies iphones, that's 4, not "the millions of iPhones sold". Moron. What am I supposed to do? Go back in time and film it? If you gonna troll on the net, at least try to do so with some logical posts, and not by passing as a 12 year old chick with PMS. THAT, you are doing great, just like you are proving to be a complete ******, but then again, you are an iToy lover.

Anybody who has the iPhone is below average intelligence. Reasons being, an adult with average smarts doesn't buy a phone that does NOTHING, and glorifies it while spending tons of cash for a network that is known to be horrible, and for a device that has had more issues than Twig's (joke was here but I removed it since howarmat is very sensible and takes this forum very seriously). Adults choose a cellular device that accomplishes WELL what they are supposed to do, which is not watching Avatar in your lunch break, or ordering Pizza Hut in Hong Kong, or knowing where the bathroom is.

A cellular device is supposed to, among other things:
    Make clear quality calls. The BB is better at this than the iToy
    Having good reception: The BB wins this one too. By a lot, considering also the AppleGate fiasco.
    Texting: This is not a fair comparison, because the BB is made to be better at it.
    E-Mail: Do I need to say who wins this one?
    And so much more...

But wait... The iToy is better at...

Dropped calls, play paper rock scissor or need for speed, what else... I think that's it... Oh yeah! HAVE A HORRIBLE BATTERY LIFE! Be a slave of iTunes, do I really need to keep smacking you left and right? I think I "won" this case... "buddy".
    Last edited by Capitan Totti; 01-02-11 at 08:24 PM.
    01-02-11 07:56 PM
    Did I? Or did you just feel like replying nonsense. Because logic did not, unless he is agreeing with me that AT&T and the iToy sucks.

You're not the brightest of the bunch huh? I think you should exchange some of that ******** attitude with some brains "buddy". Its no lie, and I mentioned what I witnessed with my buddies iphones, that's 4, not "the millions of iPhones sold". Moron. What am I supposed to do? Go back in time and film it? If you gonna troll on the net, at least try to do so with some logical posts, and not by passing as a 12 year old chick with PMS. THAT, you are doing great, just like you are proving to be a complete ******, but then again, you are an iToy lover.

Anybody who has the iPhone is below average intelligence. Reasons being, an adult with average smarts doesn't buy a phone that does NOTHING, and glorifies it while spending tons of cash for a network that is known to be horrible, and for a device that has had more issues than Twig's sex change operation. Adults choose a cellular device that accomplishes WELL what they are supposed to do, which is not watching Avatar in your lunch break, or ordering Pizza Hut in Hong Kong, or knowing where the bathroom is.

Having good reception: The BB wins this one too. By a lot, considering also the AppleGate fiasco.
    Texting: This is not a fair comparison, because the BB is made to be better at it.
    And so much more...

Dropped calls, play paper rock scissor or need for speed, what else... I think that's it... Oh yeah! HAVE A HORRIBLE BATTERY LIFE! Be a slave of iTunes, do I really need to keep smacking you left and right? I think I "won" this case... "buddy".
    reported for being slightly overboard with personal insults...sex change? really...please grow up a little
    01-02-11 08:08 PM
    reported for being slightly overboard with personal insults...sex change? really...please grow up a little
    I think the only one who has to grow up here is you, someone who feels the need of reporting a post in a forum for a joke that is not even addressed to you. Get a life dude.

Reported your post too.

My reason, and I kept it nice: "For not minding his own business, and putting people in trouble for a joke in a forum where I hope everyone is adult enough not to commit suicide because Capitan Totti replied, woohooo! Scary! He needs a life, so some time off the keyboard can only do him some good!"
    Last edited by Capitan Totti; 01-02-11 at 08:15 PM.
    01-02-11 08:12 PM
    Let's focus on the topic, and a basic sense of civility.
    greeby likes this.
    01-02-11 08:21 PM
    lol you can insult me all you want, im not the one looking like the fool here
    01-02-11 08:27 PM

Anybody who has the iPhone is below average intelligence. Reasons being, an adult with average smarts doesn't buy a phone that does NOTHING, and glorifies it while spending tons of cash for a network that is known to be horrible, and for a device that has had more issues than Twig's sex change operation. Adults choose a cellular device that accomplishes WELL what they are supposed to do, which is not watching Avatar in your lunch break, or ordering Pizza Hut in Hong Kong, or knowing where the bathroom is.

And so much more...

I'm not saying that AT&T's network or iPhone is "bad", you are. An I'm not telling you to go back in time, I'm asking you to provide proof that it failed, which the phone(s)would indicate. Or you could do it again. And if you really think the iPhone does nothing and that BBs are perfect you are clearly just as bad as an Apple fanboy.

A smartphone is expected to do more than just make calls, text, and emails. Technology has progressed significantly in regards to smartphones. And I noticed how you didn't list media functions and apps, etc. The area BB's aren't so great in.

And I'm sure that no one on these forums appreciates or condones your immature, offensive, and derogatory remarks. Learn some manners before you post.

Last edited by Twig978; 01-02-11 at 08:38 PM.
    01-02-11 08:30 PM
    I've had my Torch for over two months and enjoying it immensely. upgraded from a Bold..If your not happy with the freakin phone return it and get something else. Why ***** if your not happy with something.
    However, not everyone wants to hear your views and comparisons. Let everyone enjoy or hate thier own experiences with the Torch. If you want apps and games, get a freakin IPhone. If you want a smartphone for business, personal organization, and a little flash, then the Torch is great. Get off the forum and join the IPhone forum...
    01-02-11 08:37 PM
    I've had my Torch for over two months and enjoying it immensely. upgraded from a Bold..If your not happy with the freakin phone return it and get something else. Why ***** if your not happy with something.
    However, not everyone wants to hear your views and comparisons. Let everyone enjoy or hate thier own experiences with the Torch. If you want apps and games, get a freakin IPhone. If you want a smartphone for business, personal organization, and a little flash, then the Torch is great. Get off the forum and join the IPhone forum...
    I'm not sure if your post is directed towards me but I'm guessing it is.

I agree with your post entirely, in fact its kinda what I have been trying to say this whole time. The Torch and BB's in general are great at communicating but not with media and apps. That is what the iPhone is more geared towards. Btw, to those who barely read my post, I have a Torch and use them together for work and personal use (the iPhone is alsoi my iPod) to play off of their strengths and weaknesses.

01-02-11 08:46 PM
    it's called buyer's remorse. even hard core BB addicts seem to be getting it these days.
    01-02-11 08:59 PM
    I replied to BigBadWolf and the post is now gone. Anyways...

lol you can insult me all you want, im not the one looking like the fool here
    I did not offend you, and again, you need a life.
    Its not an offense, its a suggestion. If you feel the NEED of reporting someone for something so innocent as a joke on a forum, yeah, that qualifies mate.

I'm not saying that AT&T's network or iPhone is "bad", you are.
    What am I supposed to reply to this?
    Seriously, do you think before writing?

An I'm not telling you to go back in time, I'm asking you to provide proof that it failed, which the phone(s)would indicate. Or you could do it again. And if you really think the iPhone does nothing and that BBs are perfect you are clearly just as bad as an Apple fanboy.
    In English, this makes very little sense, if at all.
    Again, you prove to be not very smart. How am I supposed to prove that 4 iToys failed 2 days ago? And why do I need to prove anything to YOU, out of all people? Fact of the matter is that iPhones did fail on NYE here in Las Vegas at least, and I don't have to "prove" anything to a nobody like you or anyone for that matter, since I also have no reason to lie for something that is not only known to happen often but also very silly and unreasonable to lie about. If you are too much of an iToy lover, its your problem, not mine.

A smartphone is expected to do more than just make calls, text, and emails. Technology has progressed significantly in regards to smartphones. And I noticed how you didn't list media functions and apps, etc. The area BB's aren't so great in.
    Hence why I mentioned, "among others" and "etc"? If you would read correctly that is. And YES, a smartphone is supposed to do "more" as mentioned by myself first, but is primarily supposed to do the things I mentioned, things that are crucial and basic to cellular devices and that you, as an iToy sucker completely disregard. Ridiculous. Not to mention that media, apart from maybe recording video on the iToy4, the BB does a better job at taking pics and video when compared to all other iToys.

Since you are not tied down to effing sucky iTunes, BB is better at listening and storing music too. Apps? See, this is what I mean. Apps are "OK" if they are smart apps, like say a weather app, etc. But the iToy WHOLE fame is because of its ****** apps, the ones you and other iToy lovers get the iToy for and THAT is why the iToy is for morons who think its cool to order food on a phone, and use other useless apps thinking they are o' so trendy. All smart apps are free and work fine on the BBs too. The only apps that BBs are missing is Zelda, Chipotle, and paper toss like apps.

And I'm sure that no one on these forums appreciates or condones your immature, offensive, and derogatory remarks. Learn some manners before you post.
    Wow, I am destroyed by this man.
    I will work on it first thing in the morning "buddy". Meanwhile, I am going out, while you fellas waste another night alone in front of your laptops living your life on a forum. Ciao ciao
    Last edited by Capitan Totti; 01-02-11 at 09:17 PM.
    01-02-11 09:04 PM
    so did I. so did I.
    01-02-11 09:08 PM
    I'm not sure if your post is directed towards me but I'm guessing it is.

I agree with your post entirely, in fact its kinda what I have been trying to say this whole time. The Torch and BB's in general are great at communicating but not with media and apps. That is what the iPhone is more geared towards. Btw, to those who barely read my post, I have a Torch and use them together for work and personal use (the iPhone is alsoi my iPod) to play off of their strengths and weaknesses.

If I were to switch, I would switch to Android or Nokia before I ever switch to Apple. Android does everything the iToy4 does... just better. More freedom and choice too when it comes to apps and other media such as music.

Apps are also not bad on Ovi, I was surprised actually, but most of all, reliability is what Nokia is all about and also build quality. In fact I think that overall Nokia makes the best handsets period. The video recording in both video and audio quality is INSANE on the N8 for example. Too bad the American market is well... "American" and most people don't buy cellphones because of what a cellphone is supposed to do, but to "show off" ******** apps.

so did I. so did I.
    You need a life.
    01-02-11 09:12 PM
    Capitan Totti, get a life. And before criticizing my grammar take a look at your own. I can point at so many errors in your post, and I'm typing on a smartphone genius. Btw, your posts are incoherent and you fail to comprehend my valid points. When you grow up return to the thread and talk to me.

01-02-11 09:28 PM
    Capitan Totti, get a life. And before criticizing my grammar take a look at your own. I can point at so many errors in your post, and I'm typing on a smartphone genius. Btw, your posts are incoherent and you fail to comprehend my valid points. When you grow up return to the thread and talk to me.

This kid...

1) Don't steal my lines.
    2) I wasn't talking about solely grammatical errors but the overall construction of your contorted thought process.
    3) No, my posts are perfectly spelled out since I also check the spelling with the Check Speller installed on IE8, and I had no mistakes too. Go me!
    4) No, my posts are perfectly coherent, unlike your contorted in-valid ones. Stop excusing yourself.
    5) Truth is, you are getting pwned, and that is why you can't reply with anything else other than... this.
    01-02-11 09:43 PM
    Enough with the personal insults. Keep the thread ON TOPIC. You've already been warned once, and it needs to stop now.
    01-02-11 09:57 PM
    Ok, then. I don't think you understand the point I'm trying to make: its not that the iPhone crushes BB's, its that BBs are great communicators but lack consumer oriented features. And is it morning already?
    01-02-11 11:02 PM
    I like how people pull out the troll card when they don't like when someone else says, and can't make a point.

I don't pay attention to specs. If I like the phone and meets my needs, that's all I care about. I love my Torch. I've had no problems with it, love everything about it and have no desire to look at any other phone. Definitely staying in the BB family if I ever buy/need a new phone.

I'm sure the Storm 2 users thought the same until they found out about their precious OS6 update.
    01-02-11 11:08 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD