Hope someone in the crackberry nation can help me with a problem. I am running the 6.0.486 on my torch and was curious about using a password.I have been using the pattern lock, which I like. I put in a password,but it is a PITA! phone locks every two minutes, which is ok except now I cannot disable the password feature? I want to go back to using the pattern lock but cannot shut the password function off? any ideas?
    03-31-11 05:55 PM
    Options - security - passwordm uncheck the enable box. The device's password has nothing to do with pattern lock

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 06:15 PM
    I know that . I down loaded pattern lock last month and like it. yesterday , I was feeling a bit paranoid so, thought I would try the native password feature, and even after un-checking it , it still locks the phone. cannot turn it off. pattern lock is easoier to use and I can control it better. but the real issue for me is the glitch in the password program on the phone.
    03-31-11 06:19 PM
    the password issue has been resolved. the problem was they way the program exits after you uncheck the enable box. I was ignoring the type password prompt. when you retype the password after they ask it then will disable the function. this is to protect you from others doing the same. I was not thinking. the app assumes you would know this. so, now I do.
    04-01-11 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD