I am currently using the free version of Patternlock and recently I have stumbled upon Stormslider as well. I like the simplicity of the stormslider lock just like it is on the iphone/ipod touch. But before I spend the $3 I'm wondering which paid version is worth getting and has more customizable options to choose from.
    11-06-10 05:46 PM
    Patternlock has more options and less bugs. I liked BerrySlider too but the bugs are too annoying. Locks the phone every time you make a call, despite settings it to not do so in the options. Other bugs as well.

For now I'm sticking with PatternLock (I have bought them both and used both from a significant amount of time).
    11-06-10 06:48 PM
    I have PL
    And couldn't be happier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 06:59 PM
    i've purchased both like pattern lock way better...support on berryslider was slow once made compatible i liked the options available with pattern lock way better
    11-06-10 07:10 PM
    One more vote for Pattern Lock. Best app in it's class.
    11-06-10 07:11 PM
    regular lock doesnt work? lol...
    11-06-10 07:41 PM
    One more vote for Patternlock!

11-06-10 08:09 PM
    I was using the free patternlock for awhile and was happy with that but I now bought it and its the best 3 bucks i ever spent. I don't care about any of the million options they giveyou except one. Allowing the standby button to activate patternlock is great. Its basically now like my 8900, just push the button, put phone in pocket, and not worry about anything. Works flawlessly with no issues.

11-06-10 09:15 PM
    So I went through with buying the full patternlock app but am having some troubles setting it up to how I want it. When I had the free one, when I pressed the default lock button at the top, if i pressed any of the side buttons or the middle buttons the phone wouldn't turn on. Only the "dial" and "end" button would bring up the lock screen. Ever since I bought the full app, I made my default lock button the patternlock so when I press the built in lock button it automatically goes to patternlock. The thing is now when it goes to patternlock all the side and front buttons if pressed brings up the screen and I don't want that. I want it so if I press the default lock button, it patternlocks it, and the only way to bring up the unlock screen is again by the "end" or "dial" button.

I'm sure there is a way to do that, but I probably didn't do the options right to set it up in the beginning. Can anyone help?

uh oh... i just read this in another thread for Patternlock.

FAQ:

The screen lights up every time I click it while locked. Can this be turned off?

At the moment, it doesn't seem possible to keep the backlight from turning on when the screen is clicked as the OS handles turning on the backlight before the application is informed of the click event. If a way is found around this, it will be included in a future (free) update.

Am I out of luck?
    Last edited by jaxterz; 11-06-10 at 11:21 PM.
    11-06-10 11:03 PM
    I have both, paid version and I like the berry slider a lot better than pattern lock.
    Sometimes I touch the pattern too quickly and I have to re enter the pattern.

11-07-10 12:40 AM
    Another thing I've noticed with Patternlock. If you use your own custom wallpaper as the background for patternlock, when you do your "secret swipe" it lags a bit than compared to if you use its default wallpaper. The swipe runs much smoother with the default wallpaper I find...
    11-07-10 12:57 AM
    I don't use PL for my main device lock, but I do use it to lock certain applications like File Explorer and Pictures. This app has a lot of functionality for $3 or whatever it was that I speant on it.

11-07-10 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD