So, do people think we will get this as an OS update when it comes out? Anyone think that might be why we haven't seen an upgrade in awhile??
    01-25-11 09:44 AM
    Man I hope we get something... I see all these other devices getting OS updates...
    01-25-11 09:59 AM
    I'll almost guarantee we'll see os6.1 for our torchs. I'm currently testing a hybrid that has a lot of 6.1 cod's.
    Biulet likes this.
    01-25-11 10:08 AM
    homer1475 can you say more about the hybrid? Is it available for download? what are the major changes and/or improvements?
    01-25-11 10:16 AM
    Not available YET, No major changes(it is a hybrid with .337 as the base). Currently in beta stages, biggest improvement is the browser and how fast it renders pages, damn near as fast as my laptop when both are on wifi. I personally tested the browser against and ip4 and a droid X, torch browser loaded the fastest with the ip4 slightly behind while the droid was nearly a second behind(cleared cache on all 3 as well as history, only difference was ip4 and torch were on ATT 3g while the droid was on big red). Next is the touchscreen sensativity, I know some people think in its current state its as percise as the ip4. testing side by side with BDHP v5, the ip4 wins hands down, with this new hybrid they are very close with the torch being slightly better now.

The phone is just way smoother and crisper, transitions are instant with 0 lag, and I have yet to see the spinning clock.
    thoughthalo and Harryl6134 like this.
    01-25-11 10:21 AM
    Can you PM me when it is ready to use? I've never used a hybrid but I would love to check it out.
    01-25-11 10:23 AM
    I'll almost guarantee we'll see os6.1 for our torchs. I'm currently testing a hybrid that has a lot of 6.1 cod's.
    While I'm not doubting that current OS 6 devices will get 6.1, I don't agree with your reasoning. There's many hybrids available for the Storm, 85XX series, and I'm sure other non OS 6 supported devices that have lots of OS 6 files in them.
    01-25-11 10:24 AM
    Never used a hybrid? You should check out BDHP v5(currently available for download)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bd...evices-572688/
    alex_121 likes this.
    01-25-11 10:26 AM
    Not available YET, No major changes(it is a hybrid with .337 as the base). Currently in beta stages, biggest improvement is the browser and how fast it renders pages, damn near as fast as my laptop when both are on wifi. I personally tested the browser against and ip4 and a droid X, torch browser loaded the fastest with the ip4 slightly behind while the droid was nearly a second behind(cleared cache on all 3 as well as history, only difference was ip4 and torch were on ATT 3g while the droid was on big red). Next is the touchscreen sensativity, I know some people think in its current state its as percise as the ip4. testing side by side with BDHP v5, the ip4 wins hands down, with this new hybrid they are very close with the torch being slightly better now.

The phone is just way smoother and crisper, transitions are instant with 0 lag, and I have yet to see the spinning clock.

Homer whatever you have mentioned in your post sounds very promising. I am really pleasantly surprised what you had to say for the browser performance/ experience. Hope all this translates into a release which happens in time!!
    01-25-11 10:29 AM

Dude, I thought it couldn't get any better now with the BDMP V5. I don't know how you got your hand on it dude but I'm curious to see now what they outcome will be. Definitely looking forward to it. Thanks as always for all your info.
    01-25-11 10:30 AM
    While I'm not doubting that current OS 6 devices will get 6.1, I don't agree with your reasoning. There's many hybrids available for the Storm, 85XX series, and I'm sure other non OS 6 supported devices that have lots of OS 6 files in them.
    Some OS6 cod's yes, OS6.1 cods would not be compatible with devices that currently doesn't have 6.0. My main thinking is 6.1 is in reality 6.0 with a lot of bug fixes(one we see on the main page of CB with being able to delete some of the "tabs" on the home screen).

From what I see of the hybrid is it's a lot of the core applications from 6.0 changed to 6.1, not just minor cod's we normally see in a hybrid.
    01-25-11 10:30 AM

Good to know. Looking forward to a another new hybrid whenever it's posted.
    01-25-11 10:35 AM
    Some OS6 cod's yes, OS6.1 cods would not be compatible with devices that currently doesn't have 6.0. My main thinking is 6.1 is in reality 6.0 with a lot of bug fixes(one we see on the main page of CB with being able to delete some of the "tabs" on the home screen).

From what I see of the hybrid is it's a lot of the core applications from 6.0 changed to 6.1, not just minor cod's we normally see in a hybrid.
    Well that's good to hear! So other than performance enhancements are there any new features in the hybrid you're running? Like what we seen on the front page of CB today? I'd just love somebody to release those files so all the hybrid builders can use them too...

I'm glad the hybrid is working great for you though. I tested for BDHP for a while, but the hybrids never did anything for me, both on 9550 and 9650. They were rarely any better than the base OS you install over. Some things were better, but then some things were much worse or didn't work at all.
    01-25-11 10:46 AM
    Ridesno159(I'm assuming you snowmobile ), just going out for a ride myself.

No new features, just bug fixes as well as speed and crispness improvements(most notably the browser), it still is a .337 base(although from what I just read on my bbsak system read) there isn't very many base .337 files left in it.
    01-25-11 10:50 AM
    So that's gonna be bdhp v6?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 11:10 AM
    i heard about a new notification system in OS6.1. has anyone seen how this works yet?
    01-25-11 11:11 AM
    So that's gonna be bdhp v6?

I'm sworn to secrecy, but a little birdie told me that it's more then likely.
    01-25-11 11:18 AM
    I'm sworn to secrecy, but a little birdie told me that it's more then likely.
    Haha, ok thanks man. I appreciate the update

01-25-11 11:23 AM
    Who hosts those hybrids? Its not bbhybrids, right?

01-25-11 11:28 AM
    If what you claim is true homer then you just made my day, week, month and year!!! I love my torch but alittle extra speed for the browser and screen sensitivity are the only things I have maybe wished for. If you could post your tests on youtube with the torch, ip4 and droid browsers racing I might actually pee my pants.
    01-25-11 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD