Just asked a colleague how he likes his Torch. He said one problem is that the screen turns off when he opens the slider, which he demonstrated. Is this something in the settings, or does it have to be that way? He said he's been on the phone with customer service trying to fix it, but had no luck
    10-29-10 04:46 PM
    Just asked a colleague how he likes his Torch. He said one problem is that the screen turns off when he opens the slider, which he demonstrated. Is this something in the settings, or does it have to be that way? He said he's been on the phone with customer service trying to fix it, but had no luck
    As far as I know, that should not be happening...When you open the slider, it should turn the phone screen on, even if you had it in standby. He's gonna need a swap if that's what's happening. Good Luck!
    10-29-10 04:50 PM
    Opening the slider should turn the screen on and unlock the phone if in lock mode and not using a password to lock.

If the screen turned off when you opened the slider how would you use the keyboard?

Bottom line.. Take it back and get a replacement. The one you have is defective
    10-29-10 06:26 PM
    Actually, its funny you bring this up. I noticed this happening a few times, until I realized I had my left index finger in the top of the phone, which, when I used leverage to open the slider, I'd unknowingly press the lock button while opening the slider, essentially shutting the screen off!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 07:04 PM
    Actually, its funny you bring this up. I noticed this happening a few times, until I realized I had my left index finger in the top of the phone, which, when I used leverage to open the slider, I'd unknowingly press the lock button while opening the slider, essentially shutting the screen off!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 on this. I've done it a few times myself.
    10-29-10 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD