id rather not install an unofficial release. although if this is confirmed to have fixed that text issue i will be very tempted to do it. how about a setting to limit the amount of texts you can store - like every other non-smartphone
    for at&t is unrelease there is a post showing stating canadian torch's will come with this os...speaking from experience if u wait for at&t to release an update u might as well deal with the issues for a while...they are slow on update.
    09-08-10 05:45 PM
    Yes, Update now, but always delete that vendor file mentioned above.
    09-08-10 11:42 PM
    I did not delete the vendor file and it appears to be working fine for me.

Also, have you tried changing your chat style from bubbles to lines to see if that fixes the issue?
    09-08-10 11:44 PM
    nope. im stubborn i like my bubbles
    09-09-10 07:47 AM
    The only annoyances I have with my Torch is reading all the complaints from people that struggle with high tech electronics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 08:04 AM
    The only annoyances I have with my Torch is reading all the complaints from people that struggle with high tech electronics.

So, if someone is not sure how to "fix" something on their phone, or has an issue with their phone, that annoys you? I'm curious why you would then read a help/discussion forum, seeing as that is what a help/discussion forum is for.

nope. im stubborn i like my bubbles
    That is understandable. You shouldn't have to change something you like in order to make your phone operate correctly. However, this may be something that will be corrected with future OS releases (and may have been fixed for .214?), so the "lines" view would just be a band-aid for now.
    09-09-10 08:25 AM
    Wow. The op says that he has some issue with the phone's sounds and every body shuts him down. C'on ppl, don't try to block the sun with a finger.

09-09-10 08:38 AM
    That is understandable. You shouldn't have to change something you like in order to make your phone operate correctly. However, this may be something that will be corrected with future OS releases (and may have been fixed for .214?), so the "lines" view would just be a band-aid for now.
    It is not fixed in .214. I am using bubble-style-chat and text messages still open a few lines up - sometimes. Honestly it's a little annoying but a quick flick of the finger on the touchscreen solves it so it's hardly more than a little but that I assure will be fixed soon.
    09-09-10 09:16 AM
    So, if someone is not sure how to "fix" something on their phone, or has an issue with their phone, that annoys you? I'm curious why you would then read a help/discussion forum, seeing as that is what a help/discussion forum is for.

Starting a thread to get help with something is not a problem. But there's a lot of stupid threads on here with people ranting about things that don't even make sense. And it gets really tiring to sort thru all this garbage to read the threads that actually make sense.

Looking at this forum, you'd think the Torch was the worst phone ever created. But you know what? I actually like my Torch a lot!

09-09-10 09:25 AM
    agreed and it seems this thread is going the same route...i feel it should be closed unless the op needs help with other issues...bashing issues we all kno exist isn't going to help if u don't like the phone or can't wait for it to be updated then there r several other phones on the market...we r all here to help deal and fix the issues the best we can...
    09-09-10 11:14 AM
    Starting a thread to get help with something is not a problem. But there's a lot of stupid threads on here with people ranting about things that don't even make sense. And it gets really tiring to sort thru all this garbage to read the threads that actually make sense.

Looking at this forum, you'd think the Torch was the worst phone ever created. But you know what? I actually like my Torch a lot!
    Agreed. Asking for help with an issue is one thing, thread after thread after thread about how RIM is going down and "Torch is junk" or iPhone & Droid are way better gets old and just shows they know nothing about what they speak of.
    09-09-10 02:04 PM
    Agreed. Asking for help with an issue is one thing, thread after thread after thread about how RIM is going down and "Torch is junk" or iPhone & Droid are way better gets old and just shows they know nothing about what they speak of.
    Maybe the board mods should/could create a sticky for "Dead horse threads" and merge all of the complaints into one thread

But then the Torch board would have only about 5 posts left
    09-09-10 03:32 PM
    This is a problem lots of people have discussed, obviously locking the device helps but not all that much since a lot of people accidently unlock it. Personally i used berryslider or storm slider they work the best for me and this issue never happens (its an app just like unlockin the iphone so even if the screen is on you can't accidently press buttons). there is another app people use its called pattern lock personally i havent used it but heard people love it just as much its more like the android locking system.

Hope this helps fix some of your issues. Good Luck
    Thanks so much for your mention of Pattern Lock. Just installed it. PERFECT!!!
    09-09-10 03:35 PM

LOL good point.....
    09-09-10 06:18 PM
    Smokn05 - get the **** off the forum then. Youre complaining about **** irrelevant to this thread. Were discussing issues, not being ********.

Anyway. I love the torch too. Yeah youd think its the worst phone ever by reading this section but if there was no place to discuss issues then everyone would be even more pissed off at their ****.
    09-09-10 07:53 PM
    Smokn05 - get the **** off the forum then. Youre complaining about **** irrelevant to this thread. Were discussing issues, not being ********.

Anyway. I love the torch too. Yeah youd think its the worst phone ever by reading this section but if there was no place to discuss issues then everyone would be even more pissed off at their ****.
    Hey stinky, why so much anger? Like I said, discussing actual problems like software bugs or physical defects or not understanding a function is one thing. The majority of the negative Torch threads are worthless ignorance and arrogance. "I'm returning my Torch because RIM is a failure and the iphoney and Mandroid phones are better". Who cares? Don't like the Torch? Bu bye then.

09-10-10 12:15 AM
    Has anyone glued the talk-end button strip back on?
    09-10-10 01:08 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD