Hi to everybody.

I got a new torch and I'm totally loving it but I wonder why I dont see my birthday appointments in the calendar?!
    I've synced only the adress book from my old bold 9000...birthdays are still listed in the contacts but they do not appear in my calendar.
    If I add a new birthday to a contact it does appear.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Alex
    08-25-10 03:12 PM
    no ideas?
    08-27-10 06:23 AM
    Hi to everybody.

I got a new torch and I'm totally loving it but I wonder why I dont see my birthday appointments in the calendar?!
    I've synced only the adress book from my old bold 9000...birthdays are still listed in the contacts but they do not appear in my calendar.
    If I add a new birthday to a contact it does appear.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Alex
    Alex I think you answered your own question. By syncing only your address book it will only populate your contacts screen, not your calendar. You will either have to sync your calendar with the 9000 or reload the dates yourself.
    08-27-10 08:51 AM
    On my bold 9000 the birthdays in my contacts didn't show up on the calander, but my facebook birthdays would populate in the calander... Have you tried a battery pull?...I just added a birthday to a contact and it DID show up on the calander... So maybe edit and save

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 08:54 AM
    same with me...new birthdays are showing up immediately but old ones do not... It does also not work if I edit a birthday and save it then. Is there no delete birthday?

@Najo:
    I never had problems with only thinking the adress book...as tehere are the birthday dates stored they always appeared right after syncing within the calendar....
    08-27-10 12:48 PM
    OK, my bad I have always synced to outlook so I have to re-sync the calendar on a new phone, but I guess if you are only concerned with birthdays it would not matter.
    08-27-10 03:51 PM
    Go into calendar options and see which calendar is being populated. Click on each calendar to see the number of entries within that calendar. To see the entries in the calendar screen, you may have to use "select calendar". If they are there, go back into the calendar options and select the calendar you want to move entries FROM and type MOVE. You should get a promp to move the entries.

If this is not the issue there is another option - a selective restore of only the calendar via the DM. Open a backup of your 9k and select only the calendar. Then do a restore. That should do it.

08-27-10 04:33 PM
    Go into calendar options and see which calendar is being populated. Click on each calendar to see the number of entries within that calendar. To see the entries in the calendar screen, you may have to use "select calendar". If they are there, go back into the calendar options and select the calendar you want to move entries FROM and type MOVE. You should get a promp to move the entries.
    it is set to "show all". Number of entries is just 2 (that are the 2 new stored birthdays to my contacts)

If this is not the issue there is another option - a selective restore of only the calendar via the DM. Open a backup of your 9k and select only the calendar. Then do a restore. That should do it.

If I do a calendar restore then i will get all my calendar entries...and thats something I try to avoid...old stuff I dont need

Thanks for your help!
    08-27-10 05:32 PM
    I would not worry about that. There is a calendar setting that will get rid of them after x number of days. Default is 60.

08-27-10 05:57 PM
    I did as recommended but I'm still wondering why it doesn't work as expected...

Thanks for your help...Syncing the Calendar somehow solved the Problem but there was a lot of adjustment needed - that was annoying.
    08-27-10 10:10 PM
    Many of my contacts have Bdays/anniversaries in the contact information.

However, NONE of it is in the Calendar... *Sigh*
    12-01-10 08:47 AM
    I spoke with my providor and they said DM 6.0 + Lotus Notes = FAIL when it comes to this? Wierd, as it syncs everything else perfectly!
    12-22-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD