12-31-10 08:14 AM
29 12
tools
    RIM will have to earn my loyalty for me to replace my 9800 with another BB! I say this because I bit the bullet and upgraded from a 9700 to a 9800. It was a no brainer,..as in I signed my life away for 2 years and got a 9800 for free.

Anyways,...RIM will have to "earn" my loyalty for my next smartphone upgrade and by that I mean, RIM will need to really push the envelop in the development of their next highend smartphone. By that I mean their next flagship BB will need to have the following bells and whistles:

-1ghz processor(...at a minimum)
    -Way more than 512mb of RAM
    -4 or 8 or 16gb of embedded storage
    -9700 Battery life or better (users would be guaranteed at least 24 hours
    under heavy use conditions.
    -Retain the Torch's form factor
    -Add a bit larger screen (...be bold, make it a 4-incher)
    -WIFI (...that's a given)
    -Cameras: 8-10mp RFC - 3mp FFC
    -HotSpot capable
    -How about a solar trickle-charge system that would basically
    allow the phone to recharge from any artificial light source. The
    solar strip could be placed at the very top edge of the device and
    wouldn't interfere with the regular viewing screen.

If not, the competition will most likely have a new client and user!
    tonkscullen likes this.
    12-28-10 06:46 PM
    Have fun with ur next garbage phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 07:08 PM
    You forgot Retina display.
    12-28-10 07:11 PM
    Do you want it serve you ice cold beer also?

12-28-10 07:14 PM
    Good luck with the solar powered charging lol

12-28-10 07:28 PM
    Dear Research in Motion,

All I want is for my Blackberry Torch to do my laundry, clean my house, walk my dogs, feed my snake, and listen to my girlfriend ***** for me.

Thank you,

12-28-10 08:03 PM
    And, capable to dispense cash like atm

12-28-10 08:19 PM
    I can't tell if the op is being seroius or not. I'm not sure that any manufacturer has figured out how to do all those things and maintain great battery life.

12-28-10 08:23 PM
    RIM will have to earn my loyalty for me to replace my 9800 with another BB! I say this because I bit the bullet and upgraded from a 9700 to a 9800. It was a no brainer,..as in I signed my life away for 2 years and got a 9800 for free.

Anyways,...RIM will have to "earn" my loyalty for my next smartphone upgrade and by that I mean, RIM will need to really push the envelop in the development of their next highend smartphone. By that I mean their next flagship BB will need to have the following bells and whistles:

-HotSpot capable

OMG. Your better than Conan O' Brian and Craig Ferguson combined, Where's NBC, this guy needs his own comedy show!

While your at it, Why not have it make you a hot chocolate or a white chocolate mocha too?
    12-28-10 08:45 PM

under heavy use conditions..
    -HotSpot capable

Just not happening lol it just needs to be reliable

12-28-10 09:02 PM
    Let's add:
    Creates a wormhole
    Xray vision
    Thermal vision
    Predicts Earthquakes
    Estimates the time the Sun will supernova
    And gives a decent back massage!

If not, off to the competitor I go!

12-28-10 09:02 PM
    They have my loyalty if its get my cold beers lol

12-28-10 10:51 PM
    And, capable to dispense cash like atm

Sorry, the government won't allow the competition.

tonkscullen likes this.
    12-28-10 10:56 PM

-HotSpot capable

Fail.
    10 char.
    12-28-10 11:08 PM
    I can't tell if the op is being seroius or not. I'm not sure that any manufacturer has figured out how to do all those things and maintain great battery life.

That may be the most logical thing I've seen in a very long time.
    12-28-10 11:09 PM
    You probably won't get 4 8 or 16 gigs of imbedded storage. I personally don't care if I see that much either... Just enough for my phone to do what it does properly and then my good 'ole 16 or 32gb card for my songs, etc.

12-28-10 11:18 PM
    **** if anything I'd just like a clearer display and ability for more developers to make better apps. Why have more memory for this if there arent enough apps decent enough to fill it. I have yet to have so many apps to fill my 512mb. Couldnt even attempt filling 256mb on my Curve

12-29-10 01:12 AM
    you iz a pooooor suck with this thread! Whatcha think dawg? you want a ****berry to make yo\ breakfast and cook you dinner! Get real foo! U iz stoned G' Lemme know whatk inda **** you're takin' maybe you could hook a brotha up......you know what i'm sayin homie??

I want ma next BlackBerreh to make meh french fries and hamburgers, squeeze some orange juice for me, offer me virtual sex when a playa needs some pleasure, it should have a 20 megapixel camera, bla bla bla bla....

This thread = Complete failure
    12-29-10 01:29 AM
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the op was NOT serious...if not, I do believe that person is on some serious drugs! Just say no
    12-29-10 03:12 AM
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the op was NOT serious...if not, I do believe that person is on some serious drugs! Just say no
    Cocaine is a **** of a drug! Lol

12-29-10 04:55 AM
    MWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

The next version should have drug and alcohol testing built in

12-29-10 04:58 AM
    Dang you guys are harsh. I don't see what the op is asking for that is that much of a push to making coffee. Non of it is unreasonable. Even the solar thing can be done. Geeze
    12-29-10 07:14 AM
    He's looking at an Android though for that sort of thing, and well, the Android's battery life isn't brilliant (although apparently all my friends with their HTC Wildfires are saying their battery life is like 10x better than that of my BlackBerry Curve 8520)
    12-29-10 07:24 AM
    First of all,...I thank all for the replies,...including the humorous replies. That said, I've learned over time to never say never when it comes to technology. For instance, in the digital photography arena we were somewhat limited to ISO 3200 (original Canon 5D), this has now changed since Nikon released the revolutionary D3 a few years ago. Of which, the playing field has since changed as Nikon has released the "see in the dark Nikon D3s. Now, photographers can capture images all the way up to ISO 102,400! Yes Martha,...I know it's ridoculous,...but at least I'll be able to capture a decent image where other digital cameras cannot begin to venture! I hesitate to think what capabilities digital camera manufactures will give us once "backlighted sensor" technology is developed more,...along with the black silicon wavers which has been determined to be more than twice as senstive to light as current CMOS censors.

That said,...our imagination is our only limitation. Lets face it,...how many "touch screen" phones were on the market just 4 years ago as compared to now? The desktop PC is dead,....as the "All-In-One" PCs are now the rave,..and I just bought a 20" Touch-Screen All-In-One. Additionally, every single electronic device that is avalable today will be techically obsolete in just 3 to 5 years time. I'm not saying that they won't work,...I'm just saying that a better, fast and higher performing mouse trap will be on the market. And we red-blooded 'Mericans just love ourselves a better mouse trap on any given Sunday.

In parting, another case in point,...GPRS is still with us,...EDGE is still here too,...2G is eveywhere and 3G is damn near everywhere. The carriers are planting 4G trees here and there and soon, 4G coverage will be just as normal as 3G cover is today,...and then a "5G" buzz" will fly across the airways,...and the race will begin again. I say all of that to say this,....did anyone really believe man could/would ever walk on the moon? Well it doesn't matter what anyone in the past thinks,...as we have been there done that.

I totally expect that the next Blackberry device will be like non other,....case in point,..just look at the yet to be released Playbook. A BB device that will interact with our Blackberry on the fly,..from the get go. So, it's a given that the next Blackberry smartphone will be way better than anything RIM has released and the competition will "force" RIM to take their game to a new level and we,...the Blackberry community will benefit like crazy. The only thing I'm saying is what I'm expecting RIM to do in order to "earn" my loyalty to stay with a Blackberry device.

Today, I'm back with AT&T,...The EVO had an extremely strong pull,..and the EVO's battery issue is what caused me to go 3 for 3 with BB. The iPhone was highly considered,...however, I didn't want to be "controlled" by Mr. Jobs. I got a BB and haven't had to do any "jailbreaking,...or rooting" in order to get the most out of the device. I only had to simply turn it on and use it! The Dell Streak was a contender,...but size mattered. Meaning, the Dell Streak is an excellent device at home,..or on a bus or in a taxi,...but it's not so appealing as a device to lug around 24-7!

So, is the Torch the perfect device? No! But today it's the perfect device for me and only RIM controls that,...not other phone manufactures,...just RIM!

Hope this makes since....
    12-30-10 09:59 AM
    Why do anybody need a 1GHZ processor and high resolution for a business device?

I've been using my Torch for 1 month, and the only thing were I miss GHz-s is if I zoom in an image, but it happens 3-4 times a week, otherwise the device is snappy, fast.

What I do miss is a stronger battery.
    12-30-10 03:42 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD