Upgraded to 580 from 402, upgrade went pretty smooth (verizon, so use the loader instead of OTA). One of my custom sound profiles went missing though. Followed directions from early to get the BlackBerry Device Analyzer to show up. No problems. BBM icon shows up. I'll have to test the bluetooth in the morning.

The long standing problem with the browser not rendering correctly in portrait mode is not fixed (and maybe worse). started about the .267 version. Load crackberry mobile and you can see the problem in the top line, change the landscape it works correctly, change back, broken.

appworld had odd behavior. it thought over about half of the applications that I have installed, where not. They are still installed, but appworld didn't think so. QuickLaunch and about 10 others.

Anyone tried the Media server?
    07-30-12 08:02 PM
    Still has the wallpaper bug. Turning from Landscape to Portrait or visa-versa - the wallpaper does not properly scale.

The antennae seems stronger for me, but I am really concerned about the BT. I'm hoping its just the endomondo app and an update to that will fix. Otherwise I may drop back.
    I don't have any issues with the wallpaper scaling improperly.
    07-31-12 08:29 AM
    Anyone have a OS stripped out Sprint vendor xml so I can use it with my VZW? I know, I'm a lazy bastige... Or point me to the most pain free method of updating please.

Waiting for Verizon to come out with an OS update is just as much fun as watching old people screw...slow and sloppy. Thank you George Carlin!
    07-31-12 10:07 AM
    Anyone have a OS stripped out Sprint vendor xml so I can use it with my VZW? I know, I'm a lazy bastige... Or point me to the most pain free method of updating please.

Waiting for Verizon to come out with an OS update is just as much fun as watching old people screw...slow and sloppy. Thank you George Carlin!
    You can download vendelete+ here: http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...e-tool-709922/

which will locate the vendor files and remove them for you.
    TommyBB likes this.
    07-31-12 11:46 AM
    I can not say with 100% accuracy the BT is dropping signal intermittantly, but I am about 80% sure it is the OS. I have tested this morning with the same issue on Tether. It dropped out enough to make the application unusable (I use Tether with Citrix) through BT. It's possible that all of a sudden its the phone. But I am doubtful. Since there is nothing new here that is compelling, there is no fix for the memory leak (still about a meg an hour), no fix to the tin-pause issue or the wallpaper failure to scale issue (fine in portrait - extra large in landscape), adding this extra issue of BT disconnect makes this a no-go. Shame I think the regular ntennae was stronger - resulting in better battery life. But I keep a spare battery so I will downgrade.
    07-31-12 04:55 PM
    I can not say with 100% accuracy the BT is dropping signal intermittantly, but I am about 80% sure it is the OS. I have tested this morning with the same issue on Tether. It dropped out enough to make the application unusable (I use Tether with Citrix) through BT. It's possible that all of a sudden its the phone. But I am doubtful. Since there is nothing new here that is compelling, there is no fix for the memory leak (still about a meg an hour), no fix to the tin-pause issue or the wallpaper failure to scale issue (fine in portrait - extra large in landscape), adding this extra issue of BT disconnect makes this a no-go. Shame I think the regular ntennae was stronger - resulting in better battery life. But I keep a spare battery so I will downgrade.
    Did you not try what I had suggested above regarding your wallpaper scaling issue?

You never responded to it.

Try it and let us know.
    07-31-12 05:20 PM
    The resource monitor has stopped a few of my apps since the update. BerryPopUp, Pandora (in the middle of a song playing), and BeWeather a couple times now, as a previous poster mentioned. I have been simply clicking OK as opposed to Stop Monitoring because I want to see if it keeps happening. It is a little frustrating, but is not happening that often (maybe one app terminated every 2-3 days).

Another thing I have noticed in my short time owning a 9850 (recently traded by Bold 9930) is that my corded headphones with the volume controls didn't work before the update and still don't.
    07-31-12 05:39 PM
    Sorry I didn't respond. Thanks for your imput. I had tried that before I posted. I also tried using a phot as wallpaper; using a photo taken by the BB as wallpaper etc.

This may not necessarily be a bug, perhaps more a limitation on the OS to force its form of dynamic scaling, in order to not view the image as stretched out. But it is the least of my concerns on the phone and otherwise.
    07-31-12 05:42 PM
    The resource monitor has stopped a few of my apps since the update. BerryPopUp, Pandora (in the middle of a song playing), and BeWeather a couple times now, as a previous poster mentioned. I have been simply clicking OK as opposed to Stop Monitoring because I want to see if it keeps happening. It is a little frustrating, but is not happening that often (maybe one app terminated every 2-3 days).

Another thing I have noticed in my short time owning a 9850 (recently traded by Bold 9930) is that my corded headphones with the volume controls didn't work before the update and still don't.
    Just curious. Have you noticed that memory is being held or recovered better? I am still losing about 1mg an hour. I start at 220. By end of day in and around 200. megs.
    07-31-12 05:45 PM
    PS - I've also noticed more with this device than any other - that the phone's responsiveness/sluggishness is no longer based as much on the memory as it is on the operating time. On truly busy days (3-500 emails), I've seen memory drop to 138 megs and still be peppy. Other times I've noticed that midway through the second day with 160-180 megs, the phone is slow and laggy. Oh Java - you are so crazy!
    07-31-12 05:49 PM
    I just checked and I had about 65MB prior to a reset and now have 127MB according to QuickLaunch. Yeah I would say that's a lot of memory leak.

Maybe an app is responsible? But I don't have anything new that I didn't have before and I don't remember having the issue with low memory.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    07-31-12 10:35 PM
    I have issue with this new version, after i downloaded some themes, all my media folder icons were lost and i observed some icons in ALL folder bore with question mark. Any help please what to do....
    08-01-12 01:50 AM
    themes will always move everything around regardless of the OS. it is just a matter of finding them and moving them back to where they belong.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    08-01-12 02:43 PM
    08-02-12 02:03 AM
    Battery life is really great and i have off Battery saving mode
    08-03-12 04:44 PM
    This update has been nothing but problems since day one! if ur reading this and havent update.....DONT!!!! Later....imma go downgrade right now!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    08-04-12 09:58 PM
    This update has been nothing but problems since day one! if ur reading this and havent update.....DONT!!!! Later....imma go downgrade right now!

I feel the same exact way but I deleted the downgrade data because everything was perfectly amazing the first two days, then everything I thought was fixed just got worse than it was before...
    08-04-12 10:02 PM
    I have had it running for a few days now and have to say this might be the best 7.1 released so far.

Those having issues might try to reinstall using the loader.exe method and not use DM.

Tim
    08-04-12 10:55 PM

I did and recommend others do.

You do not list any of the problems here. Not sure what the issue(s) are.

Are you using OTA or DM or loader.exe to install?

I always have good luck with the loader.exe method.

Working great here..Sorry its not working for you. But its the same phone and software.

Tim
    08-04-12 10:57 PM
    Very minor problems that I can live with. I as well recommend updating. I have only seen a bit of lag than usual when I'm typing a message, maybe I should tinker with the keyboard setting but I'm really happy with the signal strength and battery life. At the end of the day it's 2am and it's only down to 49% and I've been playing music from it almost the whole day.
    08-05-12 04:14 AM
    Hmm.. I think I'll take back what I said about living with the minor problems.

I'm also having issues with Bluetooth. This is weird but when I connect it with my laptop, it dials the last number I called. How in the world did this slip from under their noses?! It's a huge [bug, glitch] nuisance since I always use Bluetooth with my laptop to transfer files and music and broadcast my songs through the laptop speakers, I can't risk mis-dialing people every time I use BT.

Might consider downgrading if it keeps happening.
    08-05-12 04:35 AM
    I have had it running for a few days now and have to say this might be the best 7.1 released so far.

Those having issues might try to reinstall using the loader.exe method and not use DM.

Tim
    totally agree with you Tim
    08-05-12 04:54 AM
    Hello all,

I apologize for asking the dumb question of the day. I did install the new version yesterday, like others here BBM was nowhere to be found. I checked on the APP world (My World) and it does show as installed but again, no option to delete nor anywhere to be seen. I am currently installing the old version of the software, so my question is: Do I install the new version via DM or via my own phone or what? I again apologige for the stupid question but I really don't want to screw up again
    08-07-12 10:47 AM
    This is a great OS upgrade. My battery life has doubled just from istalling this version of the OS
    08-07-12 09:49 PM
124 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD