You know what to do. I'll try to put them all in the OP.
    07-20-12 05:09 PM
    Do you know how to offload the OS to create all the alx files for an .exe install?
    07-20-12 05:30 PM
    Do you know how to offload the OS to create all the alx files for an .exe install?
    Unfortunately I do not, someone will be along shortly to post the information.....I'm sure
    07-20-12 05:54 PM
    I'm all giddy!!! Where are the supermen of the legion of leaks???
    07-20-12 07:18 PM
    Is that landscape bug still there where the picture zooms greater than portrait ? This would only be evident if you change the default wallpaper or use BeWeather, etc.
    07-20-12 08:14 PM
    Unfortunately I do not, someone will be along shortly to post the information.....I'm sure

OK I'll try to walk you through. I can not locate Lyricidal's original post. I think it was back in the Storm days.

Do you have BB Boss or BBHTool? If not, download one of them. We'll hook up the phone and extract all the files and convert them to .alx files.
    07-20-12 08:25 PM
    I'm on Verizon, but I would be willing to try this OS if I could get it.
    07-20-12 11:16 PM
    I would love to get my hands on this OS. I'm hoping its a good one.
    07-20-12 11:51 PM
    first off, app world gets stuck in a loading loop as soon as i enter "my world." i tried downloading an update and had the current version, so i just uninstalled app world. after reinstall, it still happens. blackberry asked me if i wanted to set all apps to approve all permission requests and i hit no. not sure if this is causing the problem, but it seems like only app world is giving me trouble so far.

i did find a NEW bb feature. there is a resource monitor that popped up saying one of my apps was eating memory. sure enough i found "application resource monitor" in options which i havent seen before. ill be sure to update as i have more time with the new firmware.

update: not able to install anything via app world. also, blackberry news will not work. it gives me a message saying I must download the latest version of blackberry id via the app world, which as mentioned, will not download. I can go into app world but it gets stuck on an endless loading screen whenever I make a move.
    Last edited by ups925; 07-21-12 at 12:58 AM.
    07-20-12 11:54 PM
    Do you have BBM?
    Ts a key linchpin now to Make the OS operate correctly. AlSo, try running setup again.
    07-21-12 11:36 AM
    Do you have BBM?
    Ts a key linchpin now to Make the OS operate correctly. AlSo, try running setup again.
    bbm is up and running fine. When I go into setup, i cannot finish starting blackberry protect since it says I need to update my blackberry id. When I click on blackberry id (in setup), nothing happens.
    07-21-12 11:55 AM
    bbm is up and running fine. When I go into setup, i cannot finish starting blackberry protect since it says I need to update my blackberry id. When I click on blackberry id (in setup), nothing happens.
    It seems there was a problem that occurred as you updated the software because I am not experiencing any of those issues. Quite the opposite. App world is running faster and smoother than usual. I would suggest reloading the software.
    07-21-12 12:43 PM
    I've noticed application resource monitor as well. It warned me that bebuzz was draining my battery and it disabled it. I had to set it to prompt me whether to close an application or not and I had to reboot the device. I also noticed there is no longer device analyzer, even though it shows up in the applications list. With the last official os, I experienced a bug where it would close My other browser tabs while I'm looking at a page. That seems to have been fixed. Internet pages seem to load faster, as does app world... Side note: does it usually underline incorrectly spelled words that you type here and in google search and whatnot? Because I can't remember but I thought it used to and it doesn't anymore...I mean in the browser, not anywhere else.
    07-21-12 12:51 PM
    To get the whole DM update for uploading for others: (must have installed the update with Desktop Manager)
    - Go To your "Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader Cache" folder
    (on 64-bit/new DM I believe its: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\Application Loader\Cache\randomly generated folder name)
    - highlight CDMA (or UMTS) and Java folder (aswell as any .alx files or other files in that folder)
    - Right click and add them to a .zip/rar file
    - Upload to file host of your choice
    Last edited by lyricidal; 07-21-12 at 02:45 PM.
    07-21-12 02:43 PM
    Thanks. This is an OTA only, so the extra step of extracting alx files from the phone has to happen.
    07-21-12 05:37 PM
    has anyone uploaded this??? i don't want to downgrade to get OTA,,, hasn't come up yet in N.J. thru in-phone updater,,, i know they usually roll out OTA's regionally,,, thanks...
    07-21-12 06:37 PM
    Thanks. This is an OTA only, so the extra step of extracting alx files from the phone has to happen.
    Ah - no .alx files on the device, they're just instructor files on the pc when installing OSs/apps
    Only thing we'll be able to grab off the device is the .cod files and I think someone's got that posted

looks like we'll have to wait til it hits DM or an actual .exe file comes out
    1magine likes this.
    07-21-12 08:04 PM
    :-( Waiting...
    07-21-12 09:43 PM
    Looking forward to this. Hopefully very soon...
    07-22-12 12:13 AM
    I downgraded, then upgraded to new version via desktop manager. Blackberry ID popped up on my phone after reinstall, and now bb app world is working fine.

One problem: berryweather compliments of blackberry is now saying I have 3 days to activate before my "free trial" ends. Blah, dont know if ill be buying the full version for $10. I like the weather alerts but it can also get annoying. Anyone else run into this and find a fix?
    07-22-12 03:14 AM
    I downgraded, then upgraded to new version via desktop manager. Blackberry ID popped up on my phone after reinstall, and now bb app world is working fine.

One problem: berryweather compliments of blackberry is now saying I have 3 days to activate before my "free trial" ends. Blah, dont know if ill be buying the full version for $10. I like the weather alerts but it can also get annoying. Anyone else run into this and find a fix?
    Yes - when you got it for free, they e-mailed you your registration number. Check your e-mail and plug the number back in. Or contact customer support and ask them to resend it to you. I always keep copies of my reg #s on my sd card. Easiest way never to lose them.
    07-22-12 04:53 AM
    Ah - no .alx files on the device, they're just instructor files on the pc when installing OSs/apps
    Only thing we'll be able to grab off the device is the .cod files and I think someone's got that posted

OK thanks.
    07-22-12 04:55 AM
    On previous sprint firmware, my phone would normally have 46-51 % memory free. Since installing this, my phone has held a constantly 71% memory free and max of 83%.

Volume is not as loud on speaker now. My phone used to stream pandora louder than anyone else's phone but at work today, it was more of a normal phone volume not quiet by any means, but it was previously blasting loud and when hooked up to my portable speakers, I'd have to lower it from max. I read other posts of the previous (non sprint) firmwares having a lower speaker volume.

Other than that, battery life is great so far. I didn't charge my phone last night and had 30% left at the end of tonight. I deleted some of my unused apps before upgrading too. Glad I cleaned up my phone before upgrading.
    07-22-12 11:47 PM
    Hopefully this will drop in .exe format soon... RIM's site doesn't have it listed yet...

I thought I read someone was able to get it through DM. Is this true? If so, can't it be pulled from there?

1magine, was anyone successful with extracting the .cod and .alx files from the phone itself?

Thanks all!
    07-23-12 11:57 AM
    Someone said they were able to extract the files, but I have not heard anything further. I think Lyric was saying that the best you could do was make a hybrid. I thought I recalled back in the 9500/9550 days that you could extract out the radio file too and use another installer file to make a new installer from an OTA. But maybe my recollection is incorrect. It wouldn't be the first time.
    07-23-12 12:04 PM
124 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD