From what I can tell, the 9850 or 9860 are the same in every respect, except that the 9850 can be used with a CDMA carrier, while the 9860 is GSM only.

I got my 9860 second-hand a few weeks ago for $40 Australian dollars. The previous owner probably sold it so cheaply, as the phone was shutting down when idle for 5 minutes. But, it wasn't too hard to fix that. I'm surprised that a smartphone with a lot of social-media built into it doesn't have a rear-facing camera. Still, I love it. Typing in landscape is much easier than typing in portrait mode. The graphics and sound are beautiful. It's the best Browser I've used on a BlackBerry.
    12-30-13 10:32 PM
    The 9860 was my last Blackberry. Got it on Jan 13' , at that time the company was still on BES. It replaced a 9650 (my favorite BB all time). The bigger screen was certainly a welcomed change. It was nice to have a bigger touch screen with the reliability of BES. 2014 was when I had to say goodbye to Blackberry.

I recently found it on a drawer and checked if it was possible to unlock. Yup, it was quite easy to sim unlock. Nowadays it makes for a cool phone, sms, (tiny) web browser and (for the remainder of 2016) whatsapp.
    05-31-16 12:41 PM
402 ... 151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD