With this new update I don't have the annoying loss of text when I double tap to zoom on a website. You know, that verticle white band that ran through the text from top to bottom.
    I've never seen this effect, that I can recall anyway.

I know you said it's gone now, but by any chance did you ever take a screenshot of it when it was happening?
    05-04-11 08:24 PM
    All looks good apart from this site not formatting well with text :-(
    That's what I want to know. I can live with the WAP forum issue of having to double-tap to read, but for me and a bunch of others, .526 and .534 also had that much more serious missing text problem, with blank lines instead of text and hyperlinked text showing up as just linked underlines.

I can't for the life of me figure out why only some of us would experience this, unless those who say they haven't simply don't use their browser as much (because it is one of those on again off again problems).

So: can anybody who had the browser text rendering problem with .526 and/or .534 report whether the problem is still there with this build?

(And RIM, if it is: FOR SHAME! Start putting OSes in Beta Zone, will you, so we can let you know directly that you are f-ing up.)
    This is not a direct reply to your commonly shared issue, but rather how I never see it.
    I use the full site! I find that most pages from the full site load only incrementally slower than the mobile site's pages, and there's so much more info there if you want it. (Like my Thanks! button )

I open a page, and double-tap a section of text once to have it almost always wrap perfectly. Here's the screenshot I took in reply to this fellow's posts in the 534 thread:

PS Totally agree about the OS's in Beta Zone. T-Mo did it. I wonder what their success was with testing it that way...

The CB rendering issue on the torch isn't the torch but rather CB itself. There is even a thread in the forum issue section about it. If you have the latest firefox browser installed it does it on that also.
    Wow interesting�I hadn't heard that before... Sure am glad I stuck with FF3 in that case!
    05-04-11 08:35 PM
    NEVER EVER install this version, it will drain your battery like crazy, better keep the BELL version. lots and lots of different!!
    05-04-11 08:38 PM
    Here's a question.

What does the facebook mobile site think you have with this build? At the very bottom, there is always that line "Download Facebook for your _________".

With 526, it thought I had a 9670. With 534, I supposedly had a Curve 3G. Even the "official" AT&T 526 had me using the 9670 again (there really is no difference between the leak and the official release of a given build).

Having gone back to 450, mobile Facebook correctly sees my Torch again.

Not that this is a big deal, it's just one of those things you wish they could get right.
    Just by coincidence I happened to follow a link today which took to a page on the mobile FB site.

I'm still on 534, and it did correctly identify my device as a Torch.

No idea why you had otherwise, but many others have had that too. A mystery!
    05-04-11 08:39 PM
    I feel pretty stupid now, but how do I get rid of the German? when I click download , the whole thing switches to German and I cannot figure out the download button of what i am downloading?

*EDIT* just found the button- the big red button on bottm of page. I clicked it and that was it! ( iam so brave!)
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 05-04-11 at 08:48 PM.
    myxdaid likes this.
    05-04-11 08:39 PM
    For the life of me I don't know what is going wrong. I have downloaded the update, installed it with no success with an update for the phone. I have tried downloading from additional sites and always with IE. I can't get it to my phone, is there something wrong with the update? I have updated many different OS's and there were no issues in the past.
    Any ideas?
    Hi there, I was wondering if you ever resolved your issue?
    05-04-11 08:40 PM
    I feel pretty stupid now, but how do I get rid of the German? when I click download , the whole thing switches to German and I cannot figure out the download button of what i am downloading?
    Hahaha!

No it's not stupid at all actually. It's not the same layout as the traditional download page via the RIM site after all.
    And we're not all as good with different languages...

Scroll to the bottom of that page, and click the red button that says:
    Akzeptieren und herunterladen

Without firing up Navita Translator, I can tell the first word is a derivative of "accepting."

Here's the direct link from that button. You can see if this works:
    http://support.vodafone.de/publicfil...A6.0.0.546.exe
    05-04-11 08:47 PM
    I did a clean wipe of my device and installed all my apps manually. Only restored contacts and other stuff using DM and I can honestly say that my device has not heated up at all. Also battery life seems to be more stable. .526 and .534 would make my device heat up every time I was on the browser. All in all this seems to be more stable as it should be because it is an official release.
    Sorry, that last bit is silly. As has been stated thousands of times, a leaked version is no different from an "official" version, except that an officially released version typically comes with a branded Vendor file instead of the unbranded one we generally see with leaks.

All OS's are made by RIM.

And if I'm not mistaken, 526 and 534 are both official releases now as well. Does that knowledge go back in time and obliterate the issues you had with them before they were official?
    05-04-11 08:52 PM
    For the life of me I don't know what is going wrong. I have downloaded the update, installed it with no success with an update for the phone. I have tried downloading from additional sites and always with IE. I can't get it to my phone, is there something wrong with the update? I have updated many different OS's and there were no issues in the past.
    Any ideas?
    I had the same weird problem, it would run the apploader wizard go all the way to successfully installed but nothing! I know all versions were deleted. BBSAK did same thing. finally went into the DM and clicked get upgrade, it found it and installed it. did not have to do all this on the 534?! odd.
    05-04-11 10:18 PM
    I noticed the text on my screen appears smaller smaller the further and further I walk away from my device.

I think that's how it's supposed to work. Weird. I'm seeing just the opposite with this build.
    05-04-11 11:15 PM
    NEVER EVER install this version, it will drain your battery like crazy, better keep the BELL version. lots and lots of different!!
    Oh, man, too late!!! I just installed it. Why didn't you PIN me and let me know about this issue, O Exalted One?
    05-04-11 11:17 PM
    I have to disagree with you there, this version seems lots more stable with my battery that previous versions. It installed nice and smooth, yesterday morning around 10am, now 6 am next day and have only used 7%.

Each user will have different results and different opinions on each version. you have to try it and make up your own mind what is best for you.

Peace out
    05-05-11 12:10 AM
    I am getting better battery life from this release than with any other. 10% for the day with 2 email accounts, heavy bbm usage, ping and twitter, foursquare.
    05-05-11 12:26 AM
    For me in india ... Suddenly this os does not support BB Protect while for .448 i was using it
    05-05-11 01:42 AM
    No problems here. Seems like a good OS to me.
    05-05-11 02:33 AM
    Been running the OS for 24 hours now and seems like a very stable version.

I was using .526 before and the battery was useless.

This one is more like .448 which was good.

GPS seems to lock quicker, browser seems slighlty faster and the hour clock appears a lot less.!

As its only been 24 hours its still early days! Will post back with more details tomorrow!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 02:50 AM
    I think that's how it's supposed to work. Weird. I'm seeing just the opposite with this build.
    I was just kidding, poking fun at the poster saying his phone lagged when he moved faster.
    05-05-11 03:25 AM
    The ScoreMobile app repeatedly starts on it's own after I installed this OS. Very Weird.
    05-05-11 03:42 AM
    I clicked on the big red rectangle on the bottom left of the article not on the down load link at the top at it down loads fine.
    Last edited by James67; 05-05-11 at 05:43 AM.
    05-05-11 05:36 AM
    Hi there, I was wondering if you ever resolved your issue?
    Thanks for asking. No luck yet, I have uninstalled it at least twice, redownloaded it, reinstalled it 4 times yesterday (twice as new installs and twice as repairs) and the DM isn't recognizing a new OS. The most frustrating part is that I have upgraded to every leak with no issues in the download, install, and update of the phone.

Any suggestions?
    05-05-11 06:30 AM
    Had rapid battery drain over night. I'm running .546. The only apps running were gmail and clock, and my device was in bedside mode. Ran down from 60% at 11:00 pm to shut-off-dead by 6:00 a.m..

I was having the same problem on .534.

Anyone else having this or identifying a fix? I read somewhere that taking out the memory card (I have a 16gb) stops this from happening, but that also turns it from a smart to a stupid phone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/i-...roblem-611882/
    Last edited by Slalom; 05-05-11 at 08:34 AM.
    05-05-11 07:11 AM
    As noted by others, battery performance is difficult to assess because of the many variables involved. Although it is still early days, I too wanted to report that I am finding that 534 and 546 have so far performed best with least battery drain with my configuration and usage compared to earlier builds.
    05-05-11 08:11 AM
    Sounds like the same problem I was having with mine running 526 and 534. Pulling the SD card didn't help me. I was getting the busy icon constantly and the phone would get hot and the battery was dying in a few hours. I'm back at 450 with no problems now.
    Had rapid battery drain over night. I'm running .546. The only apps running were gmail and clock, and my device was in bedside mode. Ran down from 60% at 11:00 pm to shut-off-dead by 6:00 a.m..

I was having the same problem on .534.

Anyone else having this or identifying a fix? I read somewhere that taking out the memory card (I have a 16gb) stops this from happening, but that also turns it from a smart to a stupid phone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/i-...roblem-611882/
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 09:00 AM
    24 hours since the upgrade and 3 battery pulls.....
    Hourglassing between apps and while opening e-mails.
    Had a hard time activating on BEZ took about 6 hours and a few tries.
    Took it off charge @ 5am this morning and listened to 50 minutes of music on my way into to work and more then half the battery drained. Had the same issue with .534.
    Looks like I'm going back to 448. So far thats the most stable for me.
    I am on ATT
    05-05-11 09:06 AM
    I'm waiting to hear if anyone is having issues with BerryPopup or the popups in Leave it On like there were in the last os upgrade. Even when I replaced the cod file in the last one, I couldn't get the email popups to work in Leave It On-only the sms popups would work. I downgraded back to 486 which has been flawless for me.

Anyone have any input on this?
    05-05-11 09:58 AM
204 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD