I know I've read something on here before regarding this, but I can't seem to find it. So please excuse me if this is a repeat thread.

Everytime I type the symbols EN appear on the top right side of the screen. I know this has something to do with language, but how exactly do you turn this off. As I was sure that it didn't appear when I first got the torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 12:10 PM
    Hi

Go to 'Search', type 'language' > Options > Language > Display Icon, change from 'show' to 'hide' then Save.

The Search feature on the Torch is awesome, the symbol issue was driving me crazy also.

01-05-11 12:59 PM
    I think that comes up when you have multiple languages on your device... I only have English so "Go to 'Search', type 'language' > Options > Language > Display Icon, change from 'show' to 'hide' then Save" didn't give me any options.. Just remove all the languages from Desktop Manager..
    01-05-11 01:06 PM
    Thanks that worked perfectly

01-05-11 02:05 PM
    My 5 yr old got hold of my new Torch this afternoon and when I got it back the EN symbol was on the screen. I was having a panic attack because I had no idea what he had done or how to fix it! I knew this was the place to come for the answer!

Thank You!!
    01-06-11 09:44 PM
    Another option is to remove all languages except English(us), that will also remove the EN symbol as well as the options to hide it.
    01-07-11 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD