I have several BIS accounts as well as a BES account. With my Bold, I was able to set one of the BIS accounts as the default "send from" address. That address was always used when I composed new emails, unless I changed to one of the other accounts as the "send from".

According to several post-ers here, on the Torch you set the default "send from" address in the options/device/advanced system settings/default services. However, changing that setting only sets the default for a recipient address I haven't used before. Otherwise, the default switches to whichever email account I last used to email a particular recipient. If I send one of my accounts a test email from another account, the next time I send to the same email address, it will automatically send from the one I last used. If I send from a different account after that, it switches to that account.

I guess there no way to make a default for all contacts?
    11-05-10 11:56 PM
    Then that's a bug. The defaults are just that defaults for email outbound and the calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 12:33 AM
    It's not a bug. It may not be the behavior you want, but it's designed to work that way. The OS remembers the last email address you used for a particular contact and defaults to that for the next email, regardless of the overall default "send from" email account. As you've discovered, the default address only comes into play the first time you send an email to a contact.
    11-06-10 06:55 AM
    Yep, not a bug. Been that way for years.
    11-06-10 07:01 AM
    I could swear it didn't work that way with the Bold, but maybe I'm wrong and I just never noticed it before. It isn't a huge deal for me, and in fact it sort of makes sense. I just kept thinking that saving the "default" wasn't working, until I played with it for awhile and realized what was going on. Would be nice if it were explained somewhere in the user guide, but then we wouldn't have all these fun forums, would we?
    11-06-10 12:21 PM
    Hmmm. Maybe another reason why I only run email account per BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 12:44 PM
    I could swear it didn't work that way with the Bold, but maybe I'm wrong and I just never noticed it before. ...
    It's always worked that way. I looked for the explanation in my 9630 User Guide, but it isn't documented there.
    11-06-10 01:50 PM
    Thank you for this information, everyone! I just discovered this on my Torch tonight and couldn't figure out why it wasn't using my default email rather than the last email address I used! I'm with Lexicat-wishing it would just use the default email address. Ah well, what's another few finger touches?
    02-07-11 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD