Got a mobile site that I hit at least once a day (WeightWatchers mobile, for logging points, if anybody must know ). A couple of the pages require entering numeric fields, and every time I hit one, I need to lock the keyboard in numeric mode to enter numbers. I could be mistaken, but I recall that using the OS 5 browser on my Bold, it automatically switched to numeric mode in those number-only fields; but that's not the case with OS 6. It's kind of a p.i.a, especially in the Points Plus Caluclator that has 4 different numeric fields, and every time go to a new one, I've got to go into numeric mode again. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the site itself (I've got an inquiry in to them as well) or with this browser.

Anybody know if there's a setting somewhere to have the browser read what type of field you happen to be in when entering data, i.e., recognize if you're in a number-only field and force you into numeric mode?

Thanx in advance ...
    12-19-10 07:39 PM
    I don't believe that is an option. I have also noticed this though. It seemed as if OS5 recognized those fields more often.
    12-19-10 08:59 PM
    I have noticed that os 6 is capable of that, but more often then not doesn't. Makes me think its either a. Os 6 isn't as good as os 5 at detecting numerals only fields, or b. Its the way the site was coded, I.e., the site used coding for an os 5 device but since os 6 is relativley new, they haven't included it yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 09:38 PM
    I don't believe that is an option. I have also noticed this though. It seemed as if OS5 recognized those fields more often.
    Ok, so it wasn't my imagination ... I thought that was the case, too.

I have noticed that os 6 is capable of that, but more often then not doesn't. Makes me think its either a. Os 6 isn't as good as os 5 at detecting numerals only fields, or b. Its the way the site was coded, I.e., the site used coding for an os 5 device but since os 6 is relativley new, they haven't included it yet.
    Considering this is a site that's optimized for all mobile devices, I wouldn't think they'd code it for a specific device, let alone a specific OS version. I'd tend to think it's a., perhaps an oversight in the development of the new browser. Either way, it sure does become a nuisance.
    12-19-10 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD