so yesterday my torch suddenly went black. did a battery pull and nothing, no difference. so i went online to check what the led flashing in the pattern of 1010111 meant, apparently out of no where there was an OSStore Failure. so i figured it was a nuked phone. came here searched the nuked phone and how to fix it and everything... yesterday i tried everything.. the problem im stuck on is where it said plug in your phone and loader should pop out a "pin unknown". well, its not doing that. i don't think the phone is boot cycling or even turning on at all... so the usb is not being recognized as even plugged in. any suggestions? has anyone ever recovered a phone form OSStore Failure?
    or am i doomed to warranty it?
    12-26-10 01:57 PM
    I know when the old 9000 had that issue, where it would just blink red, a fix would be to leave the battery out for a day and then re insert the battery after a day and it would work again. Might work for the 9800 as well and worth a shot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 02:36 PM
    Have you tried wiping out Berry with BBSAK. when i have os issues i run it blow out the OS and reload it with app loader. if you search forums they have guides on wiping out and reloading OS with App Loader.
    12-26-10 02:53 PM
    When I restored my OS a couple of weeks ago I did not get the UNKNOWN message. Wiping with BBSAK and restoring without the UNKNOWN message in accordance with the other instructions worked just fine. The whole thing beats me.

12-26-10 03:30 PM
    "nuked like hiroshima"?

*yikes*
    12-27-10 12:21 AM
    Yeah tried bbsak. It just won't connect

12-27-10 01:34 AM
    That title is in very poor taste. You should change it. Thanks.

12-27-10 03:39 AM
    That title is in very poor taste. You should change it. Thanks.

I second that...not very nice...

12-27-10 06:31 AM
    Its a forum thread, grow up a bit. I'm sure the OP didn't have any hidden meaning by it. I find the title quite funny. You know technically Hiroshima wasn't "nuked". Atomic bomb is totally different then a nuclear bomb.

To the OP, either take it back, or get a warranty replacement.
    12-27-10 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD