I was hoping for an announcement, but it wasn't included in the Keynote. Maybe with the release later this week for the Canada carrier Torch's we might see an "official" carrier approved newer OS than .141...

I'm running .246, but a couple of small bugs have me wanting an "official" one before I start a trip across multiple time zones next week!
    09-27-10 05:31 PM
    I wouldn't expect RIM to announce any new OS versions. It is up to the carriers to decide which versions that they release as 'official'. RIM releases numerous versions to the carriers. The carriers then decide which versions they want to release as 'official'.
    09-27-10 05:42 PM
    I wouldn't expect RIM to announce any new OS versions. It is up to the carriers to decide which versions that they release as 'official'. RIM releases numerous versions to the carriers. The carriers then decide which versions they want to release as 'official'.
    +1

RIM has nothing to do with making an OS official, so there isn't a reason for them to say anything about an official OS for any carrier or phone.
    09-27-10 05:51 PM
    I feel they should atleast have something to say about OS6, maybe flash 10 coming or something. The OS is not even 2 months old so there has to be some tweeks added.
    09-27-10 06:10 PM
    True. This would surely be the week for some timely "carrier" announcements then. Also, no way they release the Canada Torch versions with .141..
    09-27-10 06:40 PM
    True. This would surely be the week for some timely "carrier" announcements then. Also, no way they release the Canada Torch versions with .141..
    After all this waiting, they better not release the Torch here with .141!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD