I'm hoping someone can think of something I am missing. For the last week and a half, none of my apps will connect. I know this is the torch forum, but I have come to the conclusion that this is a device issue. AppWorld, Assistant Pro, Facebook, Ebay and Amazon, all WILL NOT connect. They all throw up errors indicating that my device is not connected to the network. I am connected to BIS, so I know thats not the issue. I have tried logging in on the network, on wifi, I have done a wipe and fresh install, I have re sent service books... Nothing has worked. Can anyone think of something I am missing?? Thanks folks
    10-24-10 03:48 PM
    This could be a longshot, but have you checked if your application permissions are set to DENY rather than ALLOW? In which case, they won't connect to the internet at all.
    10-24-10 09:26 PM
    One little thing to try: completely turn off Wifi by going into the Manage Connections app and unchecking it. Test an app. If no result, do a battery pull and test again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 09:36 PM
    Tell us how you know you have a BIS connection. Yes I know how, I just want to rule out the obvious for sure before going forward.

10-24-10 09:49 PM
    This could be a longshot, but have you checked if your application permissions are set to DENY rather than ALLOW? In which case, they won't connect to the internet at all.
    I did I wish that was the case. What's even stranger is that they stopped working one after another. Originally ebay, facebook and assistant pro still worked. And then one by one... This is the first problem I have come across with a blackberry that I haven't been able to figure out. I did just switch from verizon to att. Maybe my backup contained some files that shouldnt be there? I am truly at a loss.

One little thing to try: completely turn off Wifi by going into the Manage Connections app and unchecking it. Test an app. If no result, do a battery pull and test again.

Tried that, kinda implied in what I wrote. But yeah, that was probably the second thing I tried. Thanks

Tell us how you know you have a BIS connection. Yes I know how, I just want to rule out the obvious for sure before going forward.

Service status
    10-24-10 10:07 PM
    Well now that all that is out of the way, let's talk OS. I just had this happen on a 225 device. Loading up 246 fixed it. You did not indicate what OS you are running. I would sync and wipe the device. Restore only your organizer data after a SB push. Install all apps from scratch starting with those you use that are actually in the load. After that start with 3rd party a few at a time with lots of testing...

10-24-10 11:51 PM
    Well now that all that is out of the way, let's talk OS. I just had this happen on a 225 device. Loading up 246 fixed it. You did not indicate what OS you are running. I would sync and wipe the device. Restore only your organizer data after a SB push. Install all apps from scratch starting with those you use that are actually in the load. After that start with 3rd party a few at a time with lots of testing...

.284, it's in my signature I did what you are suggesting coming from .246 to .284, with no luck. In fact it seems it became worse because, like I said, they were becoming unusable one after another.
    10-25-10 07:44 AM
    And you did not restore anything? Out of the box OS and RIM apps only? I am pretty sure after this once the device recovers the radio will be off. Is that what happened for you?

Oh and BTW, on a mobile we cannot see your sig or personal info like on a PC...

Last edited by shansmi; 10-25-10 at 08:32 AM.
    10-25-10 08:30 AM
    And you did not restore anything? Out of the box OS and RIM apps only? I am pretty sure after this once the device recovers the radio will be off. Is that what happened for you?

Oh and BTW, on a mobile we cannot see your sig or personal info like on a PC...

Clean install. No apps and yes, the radio was off.

10-25-10 11:39 AM
    Did you try wiping and reinstalling the (not so) OLD OS? I'm curious if it worked before the upgrade.
    10-25-10 12:40 PM
    Well, if bare bones OS is failing call customer service. They can remove your profile from the serving MSC and SGSN. They can then watch you register in both. If that all looks good, they can then re-prov BIS....

10-25-10 12:46 PM
    Well, if bare bones OS is failing call customer service. They can remove your profile from the serving MSC and SGSN. They can then watch you register in both. If that all looks good, they can then re-prov BIS....

Ill try that, thanks

10-27-10 02:13 AM
    *UPDATE

I reloaded the software and restored everything but the service books. Seems to have done the trick.

10-29-10 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD