Hi all, first post here but long time reader for tips n tricks.

I got my Torch on the day it was released, very excited because I have always been a Blackberry fanatic. My Torch worked great and I was loving it more and more every day. About 1 1/2 weeks ago I started thinking, "wow, I haven't been getting very many phone calls lately!" and when I would look at my phone it would show 3 or 4 missed calls and texts. I started looking at it further and realized i just had No Sound. When I answer my phone the majority of the time I immediately put it on speaker and set it down. Can't do that.

I can answer my calls in the handset but have no speakerphone. I can open my Slacker Radio but the sound doesn't come out. I can't listen to my music or ringtones. I basically get no notifications Aaaand got to be late to work one morning because, alas, no sound for my alarm clock!

Love love my Torch but this is killing my excitement. I was a day late for store exchange I would definitely send it in for a warranty exchange, I just am at a loss for anything to do first. Any words of advice??
    09-23-10 10:59 AM
    A day late for store exchange?

I would try to fight it. It's only a day.
    09-23-10 11:02 AM
    They have policy that can't do store returns after 30 days. Pretty normal for that really.

I have an AT&T Blackberry Warranty guy calling me back tonight to do a complete software reload. ? If I have no sound after that then he says they will ship a box for me to put my phone in and send me a new one. Don't know how normal that is but hopefully it will be the end of my Torch issues and I can just enjoy it!
    09-23-10 12:34 PM
    This is fantastic. I was just trying different things AGAIN to get the sound to work and as pressing Try It in my profile sound settings, I dropped the phone about 5 inches from my hands flat onto the countertop and it played the ringtone for about 3 seconds and then stopped. I picked it up and dropped it flate on it's back again and the same thing- sound for about 3 seconds. This is So totally a hardware problem is it not?? Should I have any problems doing a warranty exchange for a new phone? And when they call me tonight to do the software reload should I even tell them about this dropping thing?
    09-23-10 12:52 PM
    This is fantastic. I was just trying different things AGAIN to get the sound to work and as pressing Try It in my profile sound settings, I dropped the phone about 5 inches from my hands flat onto the countertop and it played the ringtone for about 3 seconds and then stopped. I picked it up and dropped it flate on it's back again and the same thing- sound for about 3 seconds. This is So totally a hardware problem is it not?? Should I have any problems doing a warranty exchange for a new phone? And when they call me tonight to do the software reload should I even tell them about this dropping thing?
    seems like there is a loose connection, you def dont' want to keep banging the phone around tho...don't want them getting picky about a warranty exchange...also if you talk to at&t they should give you a temp phone if you don't already have one.
    09-23-10 01:19 PM
    Thanks for the replies...

The loose connection is what I thought too. I was totally shocked when it slipped and dropped the first time and sound came out! Only tried it twice after that. I have my Curve backup which will be no problem. Do you think I should tell them about the droppage to kinda show it has a loose connection or just know myself that the software reload isnt going to work and figure i'll be okay to get a new one for hardware anyways?
    09-23-10 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the replies...

The loose connection is what I thought too. I was totally shocked when it slipped and dropped the first time and sound came out! Only tried it twice after that. I have my Curve backup which will be no problem. Do you think I should tell them about the droppage to kinda show it has a loose connection or just know myself that the software reload isnt going to work and figure i'll be okay to get a new one for hardware anyways?
    your best bet is to roll back to whatever at&t's latest release is, and not mention anything about dropping the phone and it works intermittently that can also make them say you dropped it and broke it its not our fault. Just play safe sometimes they dont' care at all sometimes they can be a******s
    09-23-10 03:40 PM
    I have the same problem....however, did you try removing the battery for 30 seconds? This is a hard reset and it fixes mine every time....but having to do this every few days is not a long-term solution, especially since I have yet to find a battery-pull app that works on the new torch.....
    09-29-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD