Hello,

In my country -it's Northern Cyprus- there is no BB Data Plan. There is only 2 mobile operators and they dont have it. BIS services doesn't work. I think it's about the political situation of Northern Cyprus.

So, i want to buy BB Torch. I heard that someone is breaking the data services of BB to use with normal data plans.

Is it possible? If yes, please give some resources i couldn't find anything about it. I really want to buy torch bu it's nothing without internet.

Please help me...
    01-03-11 05:28 AM
    You can't use BlackBerry Data features without a BlackBerry Internet Service Data plan.

There's no "breaking" it and using normal data plans.
    01-03-11 05:46 AM
    You can't use BlackBerry Data features without a BlackBerry Internet Service Data plan.

There's no "breaking" it and using normal data plans.
    Absolutely correct.

@OP, the reason why you need one is that numerous BlackBerry services are actually routed through RIM's servers, not just your carrier's.

A BlackBerry without BIS is just an expensive mobile phone that can call and SMS.
    Of course there are a few apps not requiring data that you could use. The BB can be your organizer, calculator, calendar, plus time waster with a few included games. But that's it, sorry.
    01-03-11 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD