hey everyone, yes l'm a newbie!

I bought a BB torch, got it unlocked. I'm on Rogers network, my text are working fine and my calls, i can also get on the internet threw the browser button. The problem is when l hit the appworld button, because l want to get my facebook, twitter accnts up on my screen....it says "having trouble connecting to bb ap world connector, verify your network connections and try again, Also l'm trying to fiqure out my BB messenger l put some of my friends with bb's on and it says pending and it hasn't changed for 2 days!!

I'm wondering is it my plan that is doing this?? do i need a special blackberry plan?PLEASE can anyone suggest something to me, l didn't want to call bb helpline or Rogers until l got some opions....because l'm a newbie to the BB.

thanks for reading

Melanie
    01-29-11 04:06 AM
    Are you getting emails etc through to your phone?
    01-29-11 05:08 AM
    No its not letting me set up my email accnts or a new bb account? i try to set up my accounts...i put my info in then it says "Acquiring service connection for a long time" , then it says Activation request failed. a service connection is unavailable?
    01-29-11 05:21 AM
    I experienced the same problem when I moved my wife email accounts from her Bold to Torch. I think what did the trick was basically re-establishing your BES email account by going into https://bis.t-mobile.com/html/index.html
    01-29-11 05:36 AM
    thanks l will try that....l went to the link and wouldn't you know it, Service temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again later. lol..I hope it works, the time we spend on these devices to getem up and running!
    thanks again
    01-29-11 05:40 AM
    No its not letting me set up my email accnts or a new bb account? i try to set up my accounts...i put my info in then it says "Acquiring service connection for a long time" , then it says Activation request failed. a service connection is unavailable?
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan through your provider (BIS)? If not you won't be able to use Appworld. Or anything other than third party apps over WiFi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 05:43 AM
    When i called Rogers they were going to give me a blackberry plan with 500 mb, then he hummed and hawed and said it would be better if they just added the 500 mb plan to my 25 dollars plan? I asked are you sure this is going to work for me and my new bb....and of course he said yes.
    I'm thinking maybe i should call rogers and talk to another one of the 1000 pple and maybe get lucky enough to talk to someone who can help me out, just be nice to have it working.
    thanks for the reply

I should add that before this BB torch l had an old samsung not a older bb, just trying to give whoever is reading this all the info.
    Last edited by melly2912; 01-29-11 at 05:57 AM.
    01-29-11 05:55 AM
    Yeah, u need a BB data plan in order to use BBM and of course get your emails pushed to your device. App World uses the BB data plan, without it you won't be able to use App World. Call them and tell them you need a BB data plan, unlimited is always best.

I've been using my new Torch for 3 days now and already went past the 200MB limit on ATT's new plan. Its either that or 2GB. But I have the unlimited data plan, I've been with ATT for a while, way before they changed their data plan limits.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    melly2912 likes this.
    01-29-11 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD