Hi all... I had an unlocked bold using t-mobile that worked perfectly fine, my bold was stolen last saturday, and now I've bought the unlocked Torch.

Everything works perfectly, internet, bbm, fb, everything, but when I go and try setup my personal email, the following error comes up: the application has encountered an error and cannot continue.

I have the blackberry plan in t-mobile, and everything works perfectly but this issue... I dont even get a chance to put in my emailīs details!
    I tried going to t-mobile's web page to set it up, but the device doesnīt come up as a possible bb... so... what do I do?????

The most important part of BB for me is email and canīt even set it up! it thinks then gives me that error... can somebody help me please???

thanks!
    11-10-10 06:22 PM
    11-10-10 06:25 PM
    You need to copy the service books over to your bb 9800. If you have an old tmo phone you can do this or maybe a friend of yours can let you use there phone for a few min to do this. Follow the instructions in the link above and you should be good to go. I have a bb 9800 on tmo with UMA working. Just follow all the step by step in the link that Papped provided. Good luck
    11-10-10 07:08 PM
    Actually, it is an issue when the tmobile website doesnt show a picture of the device. there should be a link that says "not your phone?" or something like that. Change it to a bold 9700 and then go to the internet email setup link in the "Mytmobile" website and change/add your email accounts from there. In my experience, as long as the tmobile website doesn't know what phone you have there will be issues setting up email addreses. (Storm 1 and 2 unlocked on Tmobile at some point)
    Hope it helps
    11-10-10 07:15 PM
    I just went through this myself. Check your APN settings under TCP/IP & make sure it's pointing to epc.tmobile.com & not wap.cingular

Also disable APN Authentication

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 12:40 AM
    hi all... I had an unlocked bold using t-mobile that worked perfectly fine, my bold was stolen last saturday, and now i've bought the unlocked torch.

Everything works perfectly, internet, bbm, fb, everything, but when i go and try setup my personal email, the following error comes up: The application has encountered an error and cannot continue.

I have the blackberry plan in t-mobile, and everything works perfectly but this issue... I dont even get a chance to put in my emailīs details!
    I tried going to t-mobile's web page to set it up, but the device doesnīt come up as a possible bb... So... What do i do?????

The most important part of bb for me is email and canīt even set it up! It thinks then gives me that error... Can somebody help me please???

Thanks!

hey help me, i have a new torch but dont have internet and nothing from att
    02-02-11 11:30 PM
    hey help me, i have a new torch but dont have internet and nothing from att

?? Are you on TMO or ATT?
    02-02-11 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD