Hello,

I got my new Torch a few days ago. Switch from a very old 8310 that I had for 2 years. I used this site to set that phone up exactly how I wanted it, and now I ask for your help again. It has been a while so I forget how to use some Blackberry stuff.

Is there any way to erase the stupid icons that come with the phone from AT&T? Examples: AT&T Music, Mobile Banking, PrimeTime2, Sonic 2, ect

I can not figure out how to link my Yahoo! e-mail to the phone again. I do have POP access from Yahoo!.

Under the Media section, there are no icons, and I can not figure out how to move them there. I have a media folder under All, and would like to put those icons under that tab.

Thanks for the help!
    11-27-10 11:19 AM
    Welcome to the Torch! I upgraded from an 8310 too, love the 8310, but love the Torch much more.

Best way to get rid of the pre-installed aps is to highlight them, BB button then select hide.

To move folders, highlight, BB button and select "move to folder".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 11:32 AM
    Welcome to the Torch family! Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I do. As far as moving your icons, just highlight the one you want to move, click on the blackberry button, scroll down to move to folder and your choices will pop up to move it to. As far as the unnecessary icons, you can't permanently delete them. Do the same process as above, but click on hide after pressing the blackberry button. To link your email, you should have done that when you went through the setup wizard on your phone. If you haven't done that, do it first. If it still doesn't link, you need to log in to your bis account and add it there.

I highly recommend installing the leaked os for the Torch (v. 337). The instructions on doing that are in the Torch forum. Also spend some time within the Torch forum. You'll find lots of tips and tricks for your phone. Just do a search within that forum to find what you're looking for. If you don't have any luck, then post your questions there.

Enjoy, and I hope this info helps!
    11-27-10 11:33 AM
    Welcome to the Torch family! Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I do. As far as moving your icons, just highlight the one you want to move, click on the blackberry button, scroll down to move to folder and your choices will pop up to move it to. As far as the unnecessary icons, you can't permanently delete them. Do the same process as above, but click on hide after pressing the blackberry button. To link your email, you should have done that when you went through the setup wizard on your phone. If you haven't done that, do it first. If it still doesn't link, you need to log in to your bis account and add it there.

I highly recommend installing the leaked os for the Torch (v. 337). The instructions on doing that are in the Torch forum. Also spend some time within the Torch forum. You'll find lots of tips and tricks for your phone. Just do a search within that forum to find what you're looking for. If you don't have any luck, then post your questions there.

Enjoy, and I hope this info helps!
    I was able to finally get my AT&T Blackberry e-mail setuop on the phone. One thing I was not able to do, that I was able to do on my old 8310 was make it so when someone replied to and e-mail I sent from my Blackberry.net address, it would go to my regular e-mail. Am I just missing it on the settings, or is it not there?

For some reason, the theme I downloaded made my Media tab/folder totally empty and no way to open a menu on it. Switched back to the regular AT&T one and I was able to get it to work.

I still am having some sluight glitches, but I am going to search the forum as I am sure other people are having them as well.

Thanks!

12-24-10 07:58 AM
    I was able to finally get my AT&T Blackberry e-mail setuop on the phone. One thing I was not able to do, that I was able to do on my old 8310 was make it so when someone replied to and e-mail I sent from my Blackberry.net address, it would go to my regular e-mail. Am I just missing it on the settings, or is it not there?
    On your phone, go to Setup-->Email accounts-->Internet mail account, then log into the server. Once in, click on the blackberry mail account and select edit. Expand "Delivery Options" and change the "Reply to" address to your regular email address. Save and exit, or exit and it will ask you if you want to save changes, click yes.

For some reason, the theme I downloaded made my Media tab/folder totally empty and no way to open a menu on it. Switched back to the regular AT&T one and I was able to get it to work.
    Simple solution: don't use custom themes. The theme builder software is still in beta and is very buggy so most if not all custom themes will all have bugs or limitations to them.
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-24-10 09:20 AM
    Exactly as NoahFecks posted is exactly how it should be done.

Also as stated theme builder is in a beta stage, nearly every theme has a bug(or a work around for the known bugs) of some sort in it, and the one you stated is a known issue.

Those icons are pushed to your phone from the carrier. Unfortunately there's no way to get rid of them, since they will just show up again on the next reboot. Best bet is make a hidden folder and move all the icons into that.
    Last edited by homer1475; 12-24-10 at 09:26 AM.
    12-24-10 09:24 AM
    If you want a Yahoo email account on your BB, why not just add that account under email setup and be done with it? I use Yahoo on my BB with POP3 to a laptop without any issues. Either go to email setup on your device as described above or use your carriers BIS website to add the account.

12-24-10 09:25 AM
    Just kind of a FYI....if you use ATT and need to set up your BB e mail. you can log onto Blackberry e mail on your computer instead of doing it from your phone at " att.com/blackberrystart"
    callmecolt likes this.
    12-24-10 01:24 PM
    If you want a Yahoo email account on your BB, why not just add that account under email setup and be done with it? I use Yahoo on my BB with POP3 to a laptop without any issues. Either go to email setup on your device as described above or use your carriers BIS website to add the account.

I know I can do this, but I do not want to get e-mails on my phone every five mins. I want to have all replies to e-mails that I sent from my phone go to my Yahoo account so that I can take the time to read it fully on my laptop, and reply from there. If I really need to, I can go onto the moble Yahoo page and get a message from there. Thank you though!
    12-25-10 09:51 AM
    On your phone, go to Setup-->Email accounts-->Internet mail account, then log into the server. Once in, click on the blackberry mail account and select edit. Expand "Delivery Options" and change the "Reply to" address to your regular email address. Save and exit, or exit and it will ask you if you want to save changes, click yes.

Simple solution: don't use custom themes. The theme builder software is still in beta and is very buggy so most if not all custom themes will all have bugs or limitations to them.
    I have it all setup correctly now. Thank you! I guess I will just wait to use custom themes when they are good to go.
    12-25-10 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD