I recently got a new torch and is unlocked from vodafone
    I have a few questions:
    1.In universal search, there is no option to search on google, and the browser has a missing search option.
    2. How do I enable UMA

The phone is version .264 and on settings> search , I ticked every box but there was no google option.
    Sorry if this question has been asked before
    Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 09:59 PM
    In the browser, just type in your search words and click <enter> ... it should search google.
    12-24-10 12:47 AM

The phone is version .264 and on settings> search , I ticked every box but there was no google option.
    I'm using .337 and Google is the very last option in the list. Not sure if it will help but try upgrading to .337 and see if you get the option.
    12-24-10 09:33 AM
    Im on .246, and google is the first option in the drop down list to the right of the search box. Just install the google mobile app and go directly to google without having to go thru the browser.
    12-24-10 10:56 AM
    I've upgraded to .337 and the default search option in the browser is missing. When I press enter it does not search instead it goes to the website so if I type pizza, it would not go to google to search pizza, instead it will go to http:/pizza

I've searched the forums about this problem and I found that this has to do with the service books but I am confused. Any help?

Many Thanks
    12-27-10 10:08 PM
    I recently got a new torch and is unlocked from vodafone
    I have a few questions:
    1.In universal search, there is no option to search on google, and the browser has a missing search option.
    2. How do I enable UMA

Sorry if this question has been asked before
    Thanks in advance

To enable UMA, go to the Mobile Options then select WiFi Preffered in the Connection Preferences and that should do the trick.

For the google search problem, you must select Google as your default search engine in the browser options. Hope this helps and good luck.

12-28-10 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD