04-13-11 02:47 PM
    If only it weren't chromed out... tacky as ****
    04-13-11 03:02 PM
    Looks like the same olld torch with a cool cover! It's what on the inside thaat matters! This what the torch SHOULD of been!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 03:26 PM
    look like the same torch and what **** me off further is that this should have been the first torch!
    04-13-11 04:14 PM
    wish they retained the old colors... first they got the aesthetics right and hte innards wrong, now.. well, reversed..
    04-13-11 04:18 PM
    yeah i wish it retained the old torch styling. i don't like the chrome on the battery cover at all either. also they need this in a cdma version too for sprint/verizon customers!
    04-13-11 05:41 PM
    I agree substance over style. The performance and internal specs are more important. It won't be coming to CDMA carriers any time soon.

04-13-11 07:57 PM
    I nearly bought one when they first came out but hated the sunken keyboard - especially after my Bold 9000.

Wonder if that's changed.
    04-13-11 08:37 PM
    It would be T2 or BB touch for me big decision.

04-13-11 10:07 PM

+1 I am having to figure out same
    04-13-11 10:09 PM
    yeah i wish it retained the old torch styling. i don't like the chrome on the battery cover at all either. also they need this in a cdma version too for sprint/verizon customers!
    You hit the nail on the head and hard!

I don't like the chrome either and the fact that around here only the evil AT&T has them.

Let see, only 2 gig alowed for a ton of cash.

They want to charge more for phone upgrades.

They bought out the price leader so they could retain their high prices
    and low return for the dollar service.

We can only wish that the rest of us could use such a device.

Guts good, Gawdy outside and you have to be on the Darth Vader network.

Sigh..

Tim

Tim
    04-13-11 11:08 PM

+1 I am having to figure out same
    Ditto here. Just can't figure out what I'd rather do without, the big touch display or epitome of handheld keyboards. If they somehow managed to do both on the Torch, it'd be a slam-dunk.

What's got you guys on the fence?

Gucci33 likes this.
    04-14-11 02:28 PM
    Ditto here. Just can't figure out what I'd rather do without, the big touch display or epitome of handheld keyboards. If they somehow managed to do both on the Torch, it'd be a slam-dunk.

What's got you guys on the fence?

I will probably go with the t2. I am not sure I can live without a keyboard.
    04-14-11 02:56 PM
    The video quality was not all that great. It was not clear that the keyboard had been changed. The T2 seems to be more of internal changes. If the keyboard does not change, it will not be a deal-breaker. I am already used to the T1 keyboard.

04-15-11 06:02 AM
    While I like the black battery cover better I honestly don't care and here is why. Many people use a case on the torch so you wouldn't see the back. The other thing is (and I'm going to do) when I upgrade my torch and get the torch 2 my wife will get my hand me down. That means I'm swapping battery covers

04-15-11 06:11 PM
    One more thing. I thought one of the three phones coming out were going to support open gl. I thought I saw it on the road map. Am I mistaken?

04-15-11 06:13 PM
    you are not mistaken. this http://crackberry.com/blackberry-roadmap-2011 states that the blackberry touch monaco/monza will have the open gl feature. i still do know why the torch does not come equip with this feature. the torch has the screen real estate like the blackberry touch.
    04-15-11 09:41 PM
    That's it but I didn't see any mention of open GL when the spec sheets, or hands on leaks came out. That's why I thought I must have either missed it or made it up in my head.

04-16-11 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD