Any Torch users wake up to two new "services" pushed to their device from AT&T?

Specifically, AT&T Code Scanner and AT&T My Wireless Mobile ?

I did upgrade to .337 so maybe they were repushed but I don't remember either of them being in the stock OS build I got with my Torch. Additionally, I had put all AT&T icons in a folder and hide that folder so there would be no reason for them to be on my "desktop".

Anyone else seeing this or is it something that was always there?

(Services is in quotes because if I know AT&T, their "services" are just another attempt to nickel and dime their subscribers )
    02-07-11 11:57 AM
    I first saw these launchers when I upgraded my 9700 to 6.0.0.448, so they aren't unique to the 9800, and they've been around for at least two weeks. I had to add them to my "junk folder" which I hide.
    02-07-11 12:00 PM
    They are not pushed. The come in the load.
    02-07-11 12:09 PM
    Just did a reboot and they appeared. How weird.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-07-11 12:20 PM
    Those showed up on mine when I upgraded to .450 last week.

I'd been trying to download the MyWireless app since I got my Torch last December, but it always failed. Now, it works.
    02-07-11 01:06 PM
    I downloaded the MyWireless app as soon as it became available, which I recall was in December, for the Torch. I just loaded .450 onto my Torch last week and don't seem to have the other app. Hmm.
    Wonder if it will pop up if I do a battery pull?
    EDIT: Yup, the bar code scanner app is there. Interesting. Probably won't use it. It's tucked away in my Applications folder so I won't often run into it. I often use the MyWireless app. Very handy to check usage for all five lines on my account.
    Last edited by quillhill; 02-07-11 at 02:01 PM.
    02-07-11 01:10 PM
    The popped up on reboot today. running .450
    02-07-11 01:11 PM
    Any Torch users wake up to two new "services" pushed to their device from AT&T?

Specifically, AT&T Code Scanner and AT&T My Wireless Mobile ?

I did upgrade to .337 so maybe they were repushed but I don't remember either of them being in the stock OS build I got with my Torch. Additionally, I had put all AT&T icons in a folder and hide that folder so there would be no reason for them to be on my "desktop".

Anyone else seeing this or is it something that was always there?

(Services is in quotes because if I know AT&T, their "services" are just another attempt to nickel and dime their subscribers )
    i actually downloaded these two AT&T "services" 2 months ago... or probably earlier than that and have them hidden in the folder.
    the my wireless mobile is actually good..
    i use it from time to time..paid my bills through that app..
    monitored my data and minutes consumption.
    and i remember adding/changing my SMS allowance through that app.
    Try it!
    as for the scanner.. i tried it in 3 consecutive days after the day i downloaded it and it was 100% failure. it scans but it doesn't recognize any of the 10 things i tried to scan.
    so it's hidden in my " don't bother folder"
    02-07-11 01:15 PM
    They just showed up on my phone today. I upgraded to .448 last week sometime.
    02-07-11 03:49 PM
    These services have been on my Torch ever since AT&T updated them to work on the Torch OS. They didn't appear until after updating to OS 6.0.0.337 months ago. But they didn't appear immeditely then either. Like I said, only after AT&T had updated them.

Weird that everyone is just now getting them pushed to their BB's. I've been had these lol. Weird, just weird!

02-07-11 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD