Hey guys.

I've recently just upgraded from my Curve 8900 (Which I had no problems with at all. Loved that phone) to my new BB Torch.

Was hoping someone could answer me a couple questions if possible.

- When I had my Curve plugged into Desktop Manager, I could see all applications on the phone. Even core ones, So I could remove certain languages etc. There are some apps I'd like to remove from the Torch (Twitter, Myspace) for example. The only things I can see are apps I've installed myself. If anyone could let me know why I'd be grateful.

- When I'm in BBM or a text for example and I hit my Blackberry key, I have this massive menu I have to scroll up and down on. On my 8900 I could either have a short menu or the complete menu. Is there anyway to enable this feature on the torch?

- My only other minor issue is that I don't seem to be getting facebook update notifications on my phone and I deleted two events from the calender but they won't move from the notification bar. When I click them in the notification bar it says "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed."

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me out.

Thanks guys.
    10-30-10 10:37 PM
    - When I had my Curve plugged into Desktop Manager, I could see all applications on the phone. Even core ones, So I could remove certain languages etc. There are some apps I'd like to remove from the Torch (Twitter, Myspace) for example. The only things I can see are apps I've installed myself. If anyone could let me know why I'd be grateful.
    Have you updated your desktop manager to 6 to be more Torch friendly. If you can't find the apps in DM and you're looking to remove apps, you can use universal search and type in "application management" and select the option icon. You will find all the installed apps on your device and delete them from there.

- When I'm in BBM or a text for example and I hit my Blackberry key, I have this massive menu I have to scroll up and down on. On my 8900 I could either have a short menu or the complete menu. Is there anyway to enable this feature on the torch?
    I think shortcut menu is now fluid interface where you hold an area for 1.5 second, and a short graphical menu will pop up giving you the most common selections.

- My only other minor issue is that I don't seem to be getting facebook update notifications on my phone and I deleted two events from the calender but they won't move from the notification bar. When I click them in the notification bar it says "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed."
    Facebook isn't working that great for me neither but I'm currently trying out Facebook 1.9 Beta and it's working great. My notification are showing up on 1.9 fine.
    10-31-10 01:52 AM
    Have you updated your desktop manager to 6 to be more Torch friendly. If you can't find the apps in DM and you're looking to remove apps, you can use universal search and type in "application management" and select the option icon. You will find all the installed apps on your device and delete them from there.
    Thanks for getting back to me. My DM is currently up to date. Whenever I plug my Torch in and try to view everything that's on the phone all I can see is 3rd party apps I have installed. Yet if I connect my 8900 I can see everything on the phone and remove certain things to free up application memory. I'd really like to be able to remove something things on the torch.

I think shortcut menu is now fluid interface where you hold an area for 1.5 second, and a short graphical menu will pop up giving you the most common selections.
    Nup, Nothing I can do then. I tried that but it doesn't work so for things like the fancy characters app I need to press the blackberry button, scroll all the way to the top and choose 1 character then go back and repeat the process

Facebook isn't working that great for me neither but I'm currently trying out Facebook 1.9 Beta and it's working great. My notification are showing up on 1.9 fine.
    My facebook is working sporadically. It worked once today, haha.

I'm also noticing that sometimes when I get something in the notification bar it's not clearing away. Despite accepting someones BBM invite. It still says they are requesting to be my friend.

I'm finding the phone quite buggy to be honest.
    10-31-10 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD