So I kinda want a new color to my torch. I REALLY like how white looks on a blackberry and I saw on ebay that they sell housing. Now I never changed a phones housing before, I don't know how to but I just want to know if there's anything i need to know before i do this. Would the slider not work as well as the original? Any feedback would be awesome, thanks!
    10-08-10 11:47 AM
    generally speaking, aftermarket housings never fit as good as OEM.
    10-08-10 12:33 PM
    Not to mention that most don't seem to come with the LCD bezel, or if they do it's the OEM gunmetal color one. I'd like to black mine out like I did with my 9000, but I want both bezels black, not just one of them.
    10-08-10 02:00 PM
    10-08-10 02:03 PM
    Hmm those are nice skins but how good are they at staying on? Because i will be throwing my phone in either my pocket or i might buy that pouch for the torch...
    10-08-10 02:23 PM
    Do a search on the threads that detail horror stories after attempts to swap housings, they're enough to keep me from trying it.
    10-08-10 02:31 PM
    generally speaking, aftermarket housings never fit as good as OEM.
    So true....
    10-08-10 06:34 PM
    Hmm those are nice skins but how good are they at staying on? Because i will be throwing my phone in either my pocket or i might buy that pouch for the torch...
    There's no way they can hold up, especially in the pouch with how tight the fit is, not to mention putting a vinyl sticker on a glossy finish isn't going to give you any kind of great adhesion.
    10-08-10 07:34 PM
    Depends on the adhesive tbh... The adhesive on the BSE/Phantomskinz/etc is crazy strong, even on the slick surface. You have to pull really hard to get those things off...
    10-08-10 08:11 PM
    I swear I will never do another case. My 9700 didn't fit well. Made Mt keyboard feel crappy. Oh ya, voided my warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 10:10 PM
    So I kinda want a new color to my torch. I REALLY like how white looks on a blackberry and I saw on ebay that they sell housing. Now I never changed a phones housing before, I don't know how to but I just want to know if there's anything i need to know before i do this. Would the slider not work as well as the original? Any feedback would be awesome, thanks!
    Well, if you can wait till the holiday season, AT&T is getting both white and red Torches.....
    10-08-10 10:41 PM
    I have one of their skins on my phone. No issue at all with it coming off. I carry my phone in my pocket all the time (plus drop it, ). I figure they're cheap enough to try out the white look; maybe until an official white Torch gets released.

I do believe there's a take apart for the Torch, if you're looking for instructions.
    10-09-10 01:03 AM
    have had a 9000 and 9700 with aftermarket housings, never had a problem, install many housings for friends, they dont have problems either
    10-09-10 09:21 PM
    Here is another choice, albeit an expensive one:

ColorWare - BlackBerry Torch 9800

I have a freind who got his iPhone done by colorware and while I'm not an iPhone fan, the phone was drop dead gorgeous.
    10-09-10 10:07 PM
    Here is another choice, albeit an expensive one:

ColorWare - BlackBerry Torch 9800

I have a freind who got his iPhone done by colorware and while I'm not an iPhone fan, the phone was drop dead gorgeous.
    WOAH That's the hottest thing i have ever seen! Thanks for all the replies guys
    10-09-10 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD