Can an ip4 double tap webpage text and have it auto-zoom and auto-wrap so it fits the screen so you can read without scrolling left and right? I've already seen an Android phone and it can't. I'll trade fractions of time in speed for better functionality thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You have obviously not used the i4 browser because if you had, you wouldn't bother asking that question. As DX9 has stated, there's no need for it because everything is clear already.
    10-01-10 06:12 PM
    I did read the article. Thank you for explaining how data flows through the RIM servers. My 9800 was a lot faster than the one in the video loading the exact same webpage and not even using Wifi. So how can you tell me that the OS has no bearing? Everyone that's upgraded the OS has said that they've experienced much faster browsing. As I mentioned before, not looking for a pi$$ing match, just stating facts.
    You're right, that page loads faster than before. They probably changed the page since they made that video, probably fewer graphics. Software optimization can help a lot, but it's not like the Torch browser was slow. Like I said before, even before release, it won those Acid tests. It's waiting for RIM's servers that slows it down. If it didnt have to wait for RIM, it might very well be faster than Android or iPhone.
    10-01-10 06:18 PM
    Soooo...what's the point you two are trying to make exactly? This thread got derailed alooong time ago, and now you two are in here like it's a d1ck measuring contest lol.

Seriously..this is Crackberry. Like i stated earlier..i couldnt give a eff about the iPhone..thus I don't go visit their fanboy website. You can come here and brag all you want about how good you think your phone is, but at the end of the day you guys just look like trolls (whether you are or not) because nobody on this forum especially cares about your iphone.

Here's a clip for you to enjoy: Jim Carrey pretty much sums it up:

(The chick would be portraying you fanbois spouting your love)
    Last edited by Rickroller; 10-01-10 at 06:27 PM.
    10-01-10 06:19 PM
    Rickroller I'm with you there... I've said it many times here along with many other things, but they just ignore what they don't want to read and move on with their fanboism. Now their even spreading false information around to boost their Apple pride. It doesn't do any good telling them though because they'll just ignore it.

The ignore feature works great...
    10-01-10 06:25 PM
    Soooo...what's the point you two are trying to make exactly? This thread got derailed alooong time ago, and now you two are in here like it's a d1ck measuring contest lol.
    Correcting mis-information. For example, the OP stated you couldn't open more than 8 tabs on iPhone. I posted showing me opening 27. Someone else said Torch as slower by 1 second, showed why it was longer than that. Someone just said something about text wrapping. Showed why it's not necessary. Wouldn't you rather that mis-information be corrected than be spread further?
    10-01-10 06:27 PM
    Wouldn't you rather that mis-information be corrected than be spread further?
    Fair enough. I can respect that. It's easy to get confused with actual facts and gushing though..so I think alot of the points are getting lost in translation.
    10-01-10 06:34 PM
    Jumping jesus motherf$@#!ng christ, why does every post on this forum have to deteriorate to a my-phone-is-better-than-your-phone pi$$ing contest?!! Girls, girls, girls, are we back in the 3rd grade school yard here or what?

I'd like to have a nickel for every time I've seen 'iPhone 4 and Android is faster'. #%@#^ GREAT!!! So get yourself an iPhone 4 AND an Android so you can stick one up your arse while you're downloading apps for the other one - at reportedly lightening speed - and then go troll the iPhone and Android forums.
    10-01-10 06:40 PM
    Correcting mis-information. For example, the OP stated you couldn't open more than 8 tabs on iPhone. I posted showing me opening 27. Someone else said Torch as slower by 1 second, showed why it was longer than that. Someone just said something about text wrapping. Showed why it's not necessary. Wouldn't you rather that mis-information be corrected than be spread further?
    Sort of like "ALL data goes through RIM, even using Hotspot browser?" Also, I seen your screenshot, and I'm not doubting you had 27 tabs open, but I never seen any actual proof that 27 tabs were open. If you could post them again or explain to me where it shows the 27 tabs I'd be happy.

Know I'm all for people correcting wrong information, it should be done, but the way you're going about is pure troll.

10-01-10 06:55 PM
    Jumping jesus motherf$@#!ng christ, why does every post on this forum have to deteriorate to a my-phone-is-better-than-your-phone pi$$ing contest?!! Girls, girls, girls, are we back in the 3rd grade school yard here or what?

I'd like to have a nickel for every time I've seen 'iPhone 4 and Android is faster'. #%@#^ GREAT!!! So get yourself an iPhone 4 AND an Android so you can stick one up your arse while you're downloading apps for the other one - at reportedly lightening speed - and then go troll the iPhone and Android forums.
    Speaking of 3rd grade school........

10-01-10 07:48 PM
    Sort of like "ALL data goes through RIM, even using Hotspot browser?" Also, I seen your screenshot, and I'm not doubting you had 27 tabs open, but I never seen any actual proof that 27 tabs were open. If you could post them again or explain to me where it shows the 27 tabs I'd be happy.

Know I'm all for people correcting wrong information, it should be done, but the way you're going about is pure troll.

I was wrong about the Hotspot browser. I had confused that in my head with "Internet Browser" for some reason and I stand corrected. Anyway, using that feature will skip RIM's servers and I really should have known better since I have a 9000 with a no service SIM that I KNOW can browse. If I make a mistake about something, I will freely admit it. Again, better not to spread more mis-information.

As for the 27 tabs thing, you can take my word for it. You can also check out the feature set for Atomic Web Browser. Just Google it and go to their web site One of the features is unlimited tabs. Others include privacy mode, ad blocking, full screen, text size control, and more. Well worth the $0.99 at the App Store.
    10-01-10 11:17 PM
    Yep ladies and gents what we have here is yet another thread being derailed and turning into a rant and flame session. Which I'm sorry to say is starting to become the norm here more often than not.

Geez people, GET A LIFE! If the only thing you can do is come here and argue about whether so and so's browser, device, or OS is a few seconds faster than (insert device and OS here) is, then you seriously need to get out of the house more.

I feel sorry for all of you. There's lots of things more important in life then having a Pi**ing match over a few seconds.

Oh well, at least I found a few more names to add to my ignore list. From now on whenever I see a poster who has an iPhone or Andriod device listed on their profile as their device type, I'm just going to add them right to my ignore list. I can see no other reason for them to be here posting except to derail, bash, and troll.

Pathetic
    10-02-10 12:46 AM
    Yep ladies and gents what we have here is yet another thread being derailed and turning into a rant and flame session. Which I'm sorry to say is starting to become the norm here more often than not.

Geez people, GET A LIFE! If the only thing you can do is come here and argue about whether so and so's browser, device, or OS is a few seconds faster than (insert device and OS here) is, then you seriously need to get out of the house more.

I feel sorry for all of you. There's lots of things more important in life then having a Pi**ing match over a few seconds.

Oh well, at least I found a few more names to add to my ignore list. From now on whenever I see a poster who has an iPhone or Andriod device listed on their profile as their device type, I'm just going to add them right to my ignore list. I can see no other reason for them to be here posting except to derail, bash, and troll.

Pathetic
    Your choice, although i do understand your frustration,not EVERY Android or iphone user is here to bash on RIM. I have been a BB user for yrs and will continue to be but hey, i have a SGS in my profile which is an Android device so you can add me on your ignore list, if its not already done.

10-02-10 04:01 AM
    You have obviously not used the i4 browser because if you had, you wouldn't bother asking that question. As DX9 has stated, there's no need for it because everything is clear already.
    Thank you for answering my question...it can't. You guys saying "it doesn't need to" isn't what I asked. Point is it can't, simple as that. Whether it's clear or not, I don't read micro-print. The Torch increases the font so it can be read by those who can't read small print yet it keeps all the print within the screen so there is no need to scroll left and right to read it.

Thank you for clarifying that the iphone can NOT do what my BB Torch does. Now I suggest you go find a CrackAndroid or Crackiphone website because this one is CrackBERRY. As in BlackBerry for you Apple nutswingers.
    10-02-10 06:52 AM
    Thank you for answering my question...it can't. You guys saying "it doesn't need to" isn't what I asked. Point is it can't, simple as that. Whether it's clear or not, I don't read micro-print. The Torch increases the font so it can be read by those who can't read small print yet it keeps all the print within the screen so there is no need to scroll left and right to read it.

Thank you for clarifying that the iphone can NOT do what my BB Torch does. Now I suggest you go find a CrackAndroid or Crackiphone website because this one is CrackBERRY. As in BlackBerry for you Apple nutswingers.
    I don't follow your logic. I agree with the iFans that their resolution is so good they don't need to go through with that extra step. With the larger screen and higher resolution, it's as easy to read smaller text as it is to read the blown up text on the Torch. While I prefer the Torch overall, the iPhone screen is simply amazing. No way the Torch competes in this regard.
    10-02-10 07:18 AM
    Yes the iPhone does not need to autowrap to fit the screen. The text size is basically the same. Here is a capture of it on my phone. You do not have to go side to side to read a website. And you can double click to zoom in more and the text does fit the screen. It doesn't wrap the entire text downwards like the Torch and the font size of both are basically the same.
    10-02-10 07:28 AM
    To perhaps bring some sort of civilized dicussion back into this thread, i'm curious to know about this "Hotspot". If it doesn't route thru RIMs server, does it make the browsing faster? I'm assuming it would since that is one of the reason's RIMs browsing is marginally slower than others. Is this feature automatic? I'm just trying to learn a little more about it from others who may know.
    10-02-10 08:22 AM
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry to the OP for perpetuating the off-topic discussion but I'd like to read ONE thread on the 9800 forum that doesn't disintegrate into "mine is better because I say so")
    +1. We all acknowledge that the Torch is not the warp-speed, HD super smartphone like the i4 or android phone. Blackberry owners don't have an inferiority complex with the incessant need for ego-centric megalomania and bullying other smartphone owners. We are happy with our PHONES and don't need to post obnoxious posts in other device forums. We don't need non-RIM owners rubbing our faces in it. I do, however, appreciate input from some of them who offer reasoned and calm feedback without the flaming, fascist fanboy rhetoric. If RIM owners disagree with you, then that is their right and does not deserve such harsh commentary. Why can't they accept that we don't want to be converted to their ways?
    10-02-10 10:12 AM

Pathetic
    So, if you see iPhone in their profile, you'll add them to your ignore list. Ok.........so say if that same person decides to get a Torch and adds that to their profile. You've already written that perosn off and any Torch related questions/comments from them will never be seen by you. That's discrimination at its finest. It may be a bit fair to ignore the obvious trollers than to mark everyone with the profile because not EVERYONE with non-BB devices are here maliciously.

Just saying.............
    10-02-10 12:25 PM
93 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD