whether RIM is slow or laggy in comparison to the other smartphones I still luv the security it provides!
    09-30-10 01:46 PM
    I think it's more because what your saying isn't true any longer. It was true with OS .141, but .225 and .246 have pretty much leveled the playing field with the iPhone in terms of speed.
    Im sorry but the Torch with even .246 loaded is nowhere near as close to the speed of an iphone 4. I had both the Torch and i4 for the last 2 weeks basically trying both out. Sold the Torch yesterday and kept the i4. I don't agree with the comment as I had both side by side for a few weeks. I really liked the Torch but didn't compare to my i4 imo.
    09-30-10 01:56 PM
    whether RIM is slow or laggy in comparison to the other smartphones I still luv the security it provides!
    And don't forget about the bumperless phone calls we're able to make.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 01:57 PM
    I think it's more because what your saying isn't true any longer. It was true with OS .141, but .225 and .246 have pretty much leveled the playing field with the iPhone in terms of speed.
    ^^^I disagree, but hey you are entitled to your opinion......
    09-30-10 02:00 PM
    I don't have a bumper on my iphone and the call quality is great....
    09-30-10 02:01 PM
    ^^^^i can understand that if you are a BES user.......
    09-30-10 02:02 PM
    Saying that the OS is "slow and laggy" is trolling. Better, non trolling wording, would be "not as fast" because slow and laggy the OS isn't.

^^^^so telling the truth = trolling?
    09-30-10 02:03 PM
    I don't have a bumper on my iphone and the call quality is great....
    The OS on my Torch is not slow or laggy.

09-30-10 02:09 PM
    ^^^lol I'm a troll bc i said Apple and Android Os is faster? It's true......I never said blackberry sucks, so chill and pull your skirt down......
    You're trolling because nothing in the OP substantiated your claim. This is a thread about how someone tried to slow/stall/freeze their phone down and was unsuccessful in doing so. How can you say the OS is slow and laggy when they even provided proof that it's not?

And what you stated isn't true in this situation. Open up those 26 tabs and have all those apps running on an Android or an iPhone and I bet it would be much slower and laggier than the the Torch. The thing is that you can't even do that on an Android or Apple product because the OS limits what you're able to do with it. It's funny how you didn't even comment on the rest of my post when I asked you to replicate what the OP did...

So really, if you're going to troll at least pick a thread that is about someone having actual issues with their phone. I'll pull down my skirt once you turn 18 and start paying for your own cell phone bill there buddy...

Still waiting on those screenshots though, you can PM me if you're worried about making a fool out of yourself in public.
    09-30-10 02:15 PM
    ^^^^so telling the truth = trolling?
    Truth vs opinion.

Truth = The IPhone call issue got a not recommended status from Consumer Reports
    Truth = Not all Iphones are suffering from this issue.
    Truth = Some people have experienced lag on the Torch
    Truth = All smartphones have had lag.
    Opinion = The iPhone is slow
    Opinion = The Torch is slow
    Opinion = My Torch is fast

To generalize one thing in the whole pot is trolling........

09-30-10 02:21 PM
    You're trolling because nothing in the OP substantiated your claim. This is a thread about how someone tried to slow/stall/freeze their phone down and was unsuccessful in doing so. How can you say the OS is slow and laggy when they even provided proof that it's not?

And what you stated isn't true in this situation. Open up those 26 tabs and have all those apps running on an Android or an iPhone and I bet it would be much slower and laggier than the the Torch. The thing is that you can't even do that on an Android or Apple product because the OS limits what you're able to do with it. It's funny how you didn't even comment on the rest of my post when I asked you to replicate what the OP did...

So really, if you're going to troll at least pick a thread that is about someone having actual issues with their phone. I'll pull down my skirt once you turn 18 and start paying for your own cell phone bill there buddy...

Still waiting on those screenshots though, you can PM me if you're worried about making a fool out of yourself in public.
    ^^^^I stated that the BB0s6 running on the torch is slower than the OS on the Iphone4, and The newer droid devices...that is fact...26 tabs why would anyone need to do that? I don't have a lot of apps on my phone, so sorry i can't duplicate that issue....I actually like the torch and BB's in general, just hate how R.I.M is slacking on the hardware........
    09-30-10 02:55 PM
    ^^^^I stated that the BB0s6 running on the torch is slower than the OS on the Iphone4, and The newer droid devices...that is fact...26 tabs why would anyone need to do that? I don't have a lot of apps on my phone, so sorry i can't duplicate that issue....I actually like the torch and BB's in general, just hate how R.I.M is slacking on the hardware........
    Why would anyone want to do that you ask? Because they can, because it's available, because some people like to push the limits of their stuff. I realize you're probably jealous because Mr. Jobs decides what those limits are instead of you making the decision for yourself. But that doesn't give you the ability to construe your opinions into facts.

Also, it's not fact, as was proved in this thread, it's your opinion. And just because you "hate how RIM is slacking on hardware" gives you no right to just to come in some random thread about how fast and smooth the Torch is and state your opinion. That is the definition of trolling, and by you trying to defend yourself only makes you look more like a fool.

As I said in my very first post, that you can have all the fancy big hardware in the world, but without good software to compliment the hardware, it isn't worth sh!t. You as an iPhone user should know that, the iOS is a great, simple and fast OS, but it's very limiting, which is why it works so well. So really just stop before you dig yourself any deeper...
    09-30-10 03:18 PM
    Why would anyone want to do that you ask? Because they can, because it's available, because some people like to push the limits of their stuff. I realize you're probably jealous because Mr. Jobs decides what those limits are instead of you making the decision for yourself. But that doesn't give you the ability to construe your opinions into facts.

Also, it's not fact, as was proved in this thread, it's your opinion. And just because you "hate how RIM is slacking on hardware" gives you no right to just to come in some random thread about how fast and smooth the Torch is and state your opinion. That is the definition of trolling, and by you trying to defend yourself only makes you look more like a fool.

As I said in my very first post, that you can have all the fancy big hardware in the world, but without good software to compliment the hardware, it isn't worth sh!t. You as an iPhone user should know that, the iOS is a great, simple and fast OS, but it's very limiting, which is why it works so well. So really just stop before you dig yourself any deeper...
    ^^^^lol my point exactly.....If the hardware on the torch was better, than maybe the Os wouldn't seem so sluggish.....I have nothing to be jealous of. I still have BB devices, and i'm sure i will purchase one in the future......You sound like the jealous bitter one.....
    09-30-10 03:39 PM
    I don't care if people say the os is limiting onthe iPhone. The thing gets the job done perfectly and is blazing fast and does what I need it to. But navigating through the menu and going through apps and browsing the net(simply awesome by the way). But if people are gonna say that that the Torch is just as smooth navigating through the OS and even browsing the net on 3G or Wifi is in denial as I have already stated in this thread That the Torch can't come close to speed of te iPhone as I have had both together for about 2 weeks. I would def jailbreak my phone if I wasn't at 4.1 but will change soon
    09-30-10 03:40 PM
    Did you by chance read the OP? Lets see some screenshots of your iPhone "4g" running 20 some apps and having 26 tabs open.

Oh your iPhone can't do that? Why is that? I wonder if limited hardware/software is to blame...

Go find somewhere else to troll...
    Hmmmmm...... my iPhone seems to do it fine. I opened 27 tabs just for kicks. With 27 open, there was no difference in scrolling speed, zooming speed, or anything else. Maybe my iPhone is magical.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 09-30-10 at 04:13 PM.
    09-30-10 04:01 PM
    ^^^^lol my point exactly.....If the hardware on the torch was better, than maybe the Os wouldn't seem so sluggish.....I have nothing to be jealous of. I still have BB devices, and i'm sure i will purchase one in the future......You sound like the jealous bitter one.....
    I don't care if people say the os is limiting onthe iPhone. The thing gets the job done perfectly and is blazing fast and does what I need it to. But navigating through the menu and going through apps and browsing the net(simply awesome by the way). But if people are gonna say that that the Torch is just as smooth navigating through the OS and even browsing the net on 3G or Wifi is in denial as I have already stated in this thread That the Torch can't come close to speed of te iPhone as I have had both together for about 2 weeks. I would def jailbreak my phone if I wasn't at 4.1 but will change soon
    Wow, you both are just pathetic. Did either of you read the OP at all? Your both just making the OP righter and righter with every post. All they wanted to do was share their own personal experience. This is a BlackBerry website and we're in a Torch forum. What's the reason for even coming in here and making a comment that has nothing to do with the thread at all? Jealousy maybe, or denial, or just want to do some forum trolling? Need to keep on trying to convince yourself that your beloved iPhone is the be all and all device? Sorry to burst your fanboy bubble, but it's not. There's not a device on the market that is, and probably never will be.

This is America, the land of freedom of choice. I'm sure the OP made an informed decision when they purchased their Torch. If they wanted the iPhone they could have got it, but they chose the Torch because it fit them best. There was no denial or jealousy involved. So just keep your silly comments where they belong.

From the OP, just so you can finally read it, or does Steve not let you comprehend something that goes against Apple?
    Not saying that the torch is the most amazing phone ever or that it's better than the iphone or droid or whatever else is out there so please don't take this as such-I know the trolls will jump all over such a claim

But I just had a personal revelation and felt like sharing.
    09-30-10 04:04 PM
    Wow, you both are just pathetic. Did either of you read the OP at all? Your both just making the OP righter and righter with every post. All they wanted to do was share their own personal experience. This is a BlackBerry website and we're in a Torch forum. What's the reason for even coming in here and making a comment that has nothing to do with the thread at all? Jealousy maybe, or denial, or just want to do some forum trolling? Need to keep on trying to convince yourself that your beloved iPhone is the be all and all device? Sorry to burst your fanboy bubble, but it's not. There's not a device on the market that is, and probably never will be.

This is America, the land of freedom of choice. I'm sure the OP made an informed decision when they purchased their Torch. If they wanted the iPhone they could have got it, but they chose the Torch because it fit them best. There was no denial or jealousy involved. So just keep your silly comments where they belong.

From the OP, just so you can finally read it, or does Steve not let you comprehend something that goes against Apple?
    I don't have a problem with the OP, my first comment was made in response to a processor statement, then everything snow balled from there...........stop being so sensitive.......
    09-30-10 04:20 PM
    Yes I'm an apple fanboy since I sold my Torch yesterday lol. Hey I was replying to a poster in this thread stating that the Torch is on the same playing field as the iPhone 4 as in speed and not being laggy etc. I am pointing out that it simply isn't true. I will state this again once more. I really liked the Torch but performance and speed wise it can't come close to the iPhone. Comes down to personal preference and the iPhone def meets my expectations. I am on this Torch Forum cause I did enjoy the Torch even though I just sold it. Not a fanboy by any means. I will go to BB again once they do some hardware improvements.
    09-30-10 04:24 PM
    I don't have a problem with the OP, my first comment was made in response to a processor statement, then everything snow balled from there...........stop being so sensitive.......
    Ahh yes... You're comment about how I said that processor speed isn't as important as RIM haters make it out to be, it's more about the software used to run it. Which is true, not an opinion, but then you made some troll comment on it then tried to defend your crazy opinions..... stop being such a troll, and go somewhere else or just keep your opinions to yourself.....

Sorry DX9, I've got nothing against you, my comments we're more towards MartyMcflopy. I'm glad you actually gave a reason why you chose the iPhone over the Torch, instead of just making crazy comments. That's respectable...

I'm out, it's dinner time...
    09-30-10 04:43 PM
    Yes I'm an apple fanboy since I sold my Torch yesterday lol. Hey I was replying to a poster in this thread stating that the Torch is on the same playing field as the iPhone 4 as in speed and not being laggy etc. I am pointing out that it simply isn't true. I will state this again once more. I really liked the Torch but performance and speed wise it can't come close to the iPhone. Comes down to personal preference and the iPhone def meets my expectations. I am on this Torch Forum cause I did enjoy the Torch even though I just sold it. Not a fanboy by any means. I will go to BB again once they do some hardware improvements.
    This is really silly. I'm the one who stated the field has leveled with the leaked OSs. I stand by that belief. My wife has an i4. I knew nothing about them until she got it a couple weeks ago. I had no preconceived notions about it, and genuinely wanted to compare the two devices. While hardly scientific, I use them side-by-side for many different tasks and I believe the Torch holds its own in comparison with all but the screen (edit: and apps). I also believe it bests the iPhone in other areas which are important to me. However, I'm not heading over to iPhone forums posting about how their device isn't as good as mine. If you like your iPhone, great. I've said it's a great device to anyone who asked. I also think the Torch is a great device.

This isn't a fixed-sum game here. There can be more than one great device. But somehow you come off sounding defensive, like you are offended that if anyone thinks the BB is equal to the iPhone, then your choice is somehow not the great decision you think it is. I don't get why you want to visit a BB site to talk about inferior BB devices. I'm sure others would love to discuss this with you on an iPhone site, but bringing it into this thread is simply trolling.
    09-30-10 05:22 PM
    Ahh yes... You're comment about how I said that processor speed isn't as important as RIM haters make it out to be, it's more about the software used to run it. Which is true, not an opinion, but then you made some troll comment on it then tried to defend your crazy opinions..... stop being such a troll, and go somewhere else or just keep your opinions to yourself.....

Sorry DX9, I've got nothing against you, my comments we're more towards MartyMcflopy. I'm glad you actually gave a reason why you chose the iPhone over the Torch, instead of just making crazy comments. That's respectable...

I'm out, it's dinner time...
    ^^^lol, whatever you say dude......at the end of the day the processor is important...I'm glad that you are happy with your torch..... @ martymcflopy......
    09-30-10 05:53 PM
    ^^^lol, whatever you say dude......at the end of the day the processor is important...I'm glad that you are happy with your torch..... @ martymcflopy......
    Yea.... at the end of the day that 624mhz processor still runs the phone fine with 20 some apps open and 26 browser tabs running. Must be that limited hardware huh?

And my Torch have you looked at my profile? Didn't I tell you a while ago that you need to work on your reading comprehension? Just wow, you're making yourself look smarter and smarter with every post.

I don't like the Torch at all, think slider phones are dumb, it's touchscreen or qwerty keyboard for me. I don't believe there's such a thing as best of both worlds. But I can appreciate what it does and what it's doing for RIM, scaring you Steve groupies into making comments in a Torch forum on a BlackBerry website that has nothing to do with the thread.
    09-30-10 07:12 PM
    Yea.... at the end of the day that 624mhz processor still runs the phone fine with 20 some apps open and 26 browser tabs running. Must be that limited hardware huh?

And my Torch have you looked at my profile? Didn't I tell you a while ago that you need to work on your reading comprehension? Just wow, you're making yourself look smarter and smarter with every post.

I don't like the Torch at all, think slider phones are dumb, it's touchscreen or qwerty keyboard for me. I don't believe there's such a thing as best of both worlds. But I can appreciate what it does and what it's doing for RIM, scaring you Steve groupies into making comments in a Torch forum on a BlackBerry website that has nothing to do with the thread.
    ^^^^You can have the torch, and not have it listed on your profile Einstein....Reading comprehension? lol at the thought of someone telling me about comprehension, while starting a sentence with "But"... I stand by original statement, which was about the processor.........I see that you have a storm(R.I.P), and bold that explains the bitterness, and jealousy.......What exactly is the torch doing for R.I.M? Why haven't they released sales figures for that device...I never said BB'S suck or anything of that nature, so please hop off, and stay off....I come here because i enjoy the information, and CB is one of my favs sites.....
    09-30-10 08:21 PM
    Again Mcflopy, you need to work on your reading comprehension, and I'll start thinking about using proper grammar. Maybe you should get out a dictionary and find out the difference between the two. I've answered your questions, but you seem to just try and walk around mine. Which is just confirming the stereotypical ignorant iPhone fanboy. It's people like you who give Apple a bad name.

As for being bitter and jealous, there's none of that, I love my Storm and Bold combo. There's nothing available on the market right now that I'd even look at. I despise anything and everything Apple, and the cult followers that go with it.

And why does RIM need to release sales numbers? (oh no! am I not suppose to use "and" either when starting a sentence, better work on my grammar... or comprehension) They have nothing to prove to you or me. Apple does it because they crave attention, just like the stereotypical Apple fanboy, which you're doing now.

I'll hop and and stay off when you stop trolling around promoting your Jesus phone in a Torch forum on a BlackBerry website. What sense does that really make? I'm glad you enjoy the site and the information, but keep your fanboism off of it. We have no want or need for your kind around here. Come here and talk BB's or stay in your designated forum or site.

Blocked and out... Have a nice day...
    09-30-10 09:07 PM
    @MartyMcfly
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: Iphone4g
    Carrier: AT&T
    PIN: Retired until RIM releases a BB similar to the 9000

what does the small g on the iphone4g stands for?
    i'm just curious.
    10-01-10 06:50 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD