Hey everyone. I have seen the light and joined the BB family.

I'm not new to smartphones, my first one was the HTC 8525 then had the ATT Tilt for the last 2.5+ plus years. Just upgraded and picked up the BB Torch. I'll add some thoughts again after I've used the phone for longer then a day. But am definitely impressed. I've read the majority of all the reviews and have seem the many posts on Crackberry before I purchased it and none of the negative comments dissuaded me otherwise. I appreciate all the positive posts I read look to get further addicted as I get more accustomed to it.
    Last edited by Dylan255; 10-13-10 at 01:34 PM.
    10-07-10 11:39 AM
    Sweet first welcome to the fam and hope your enjoying your new BB.
    10-07-10 11:43 AM
    hahahahah NICE

Awesome Sauce Dude. Enjoy it. Torch is my 3rd BB and it gets better and better everytime.

Congrats and have fun with it
    10-07-10 11:43 AM
    Welcome aboard. I've been a BB addict for many years (starting with the old 950 "pager style" LOL) but am now back after a 6-month stint with an iPhone 3GS...

All I can say is...

I love my Torch!!!!!!

Kev
    10-07-10 11:52 AM
    I'm relatively new, too. Although my wife has owned a Blackberry Curve for more than a year, my Torch is my first Blackberry. I also come to the Blackberry after owning an iPhone, a 3G, for a little more than two years.

I've been lurking on the Crackberry forums for the last couple of months, waiting for the Torch to be released here in Canada. I am impressed by the willingness of the members here to help others, and i have to say that I've learned a LOT. The search function on these forums are definitely your friend.

One more thing ... After a week of learning the ins and outs of the Blackberry way of doing things, I love my Torch! I don't think I'll ever go back to any other smartphone.
    10-07-10 12:11 PM
    Ok, I've had my Torch now for one week and her is my quick take on the phone. Bear in mind I'm coming from Windows Mobile OS 6.5.3.
    Keyboard "Physical" and "Virtual"
    I'm accustomed to using Touch Keyboards on my HTC Tilt so getting used to the Virtual Keyboard was almost seamless. Make the occasional mistakes but otherwise good, are there other Touch Keyboards available for the Torch yet?

I had a full size qwerty on my Tilt and the keyboard is one of my favorite. It takes some getting used to but I am loving the slide out keyboard on the Torch. Even with relatively large hands I can use it with two hands or just one without any problems.

Operating System
    Since this is my first Blackberry I have never seen prior OSs. So OS 6.0 is very nice. The OS is very smooth. Barely notice any hiccups which were pretty much a regular occurrence on Windows Mobile.

Touch Screen and Navigation
    Since I had a touchscreen on my old phone I absolutely could not live without one with my new phone. And when Blackberry came out with the Torch I was definitely intrigued by it. The touchscreen on the torch is softer then my previous phone but to me still very good. The trackpad is so awesome, I was accustomed to using a D-pad with a selector in the middle. But the Trackpad just compliments the great touchscreen.

Fit, Finish
    I have some screen wobble, with the screen closed an when I am typing on the touch keyboard there is even more wobble. Not sure if this is inherit to all Torches or just the one I got through AT&T. Should I exchange for another one? This is definitely no beast like my old tilt which was built like a tank. I can't tell you how many times I have dropped it. So many nicks on it. But very durable plastic and could definitely take a beating that I gave it over 3 plus years.

Camera
    Autofocus, flash, 5mp coming from a 3 mp camera a big jump. The photos came out nice. Will have to use it more to see how good it really is.

Internet
    The new browser is awesome. But its slow. I miss using Skyfire and Opera Mobile 5. I know BB has Opera Mobile 4, but there is a night and day difference between 5 and 4. Hopefully a new update will come out to compliment the new BB browser. The internet is not as fast as I would like and to me is a lot slower then download etc then my HTC Tilt.

I've had to reset my phone a few times which is annoying. I'm not sure if it is the OS or the device. But the Touchscreen would still be active but I could not us any of the other buttons, phone, bb, back, send or even the trackpad. Has anyone had this problem before? Some guidance here would be helpful.

I was die hard Windows Mobile for quite sometime. And used it from 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 6.5.3 and though it got better. The memory management was horrible. Would have to reset the device every day. And once memory usage was more then 70% device would slow to a crawl and had to reset the device. But the Torch is awesome. Sure its hardware specs do not match up with an Iphone or a Droid or Droid incredible. But this device does what it is intended to do. Mobile email, Blackberry Messenger which has become my new best friend, who needs basic text messages. That alone might keep me from leaving BB. But again a newer device with all the bells and whistles is probably in development. But I think they need to build off the Torch because its and excellent device and a touchscreen with a physical keyboard is essential for me. The OS is pretty much optimized I'm hoping there are some additional tweaks down the line after .246 that will make it even better.
    10-13-10 01:20 PM
    The torch is awesome
    10-13-10 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD