Ok just got back.. Changed phone.. speaker problem gone. But.. I now notice on the new one the contrast is not as good as the one I returned, the blacks are not as black. Ohh well the hizzing noise is gone.
    Thanks for the update.. Is not really a big deal for me but i will go check with the att store.
    08-13-10 01:54 PM
    Lol, I got my OB as well and the screen protector before I left the store......just in case.
    Doesn't the Otterbox come with its own screen protector?
    08-13-10 06:18 PM
    No. I had to purchase it separately.
    08-13-10 06:34 PM
    I thought it was pretty crappy that it didnt- they always have before! And it was 40 bucks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 06:46 PM
    I thought it was pretty crappy that it didnt- they always have before! And it was 40 bucks!

Aww, really? Damnit... Good to know though. Thanks.
    08-13-10 06:52 PM
    Menues on the new OS are still intuitive as they always have been on Blackberry's and a big improvement with more options. Touch screen is really nice to have along with keyboard. Nice to see more consumer oriented applications.

Mobile websites are much nicer on this device than other BB's but full websites are awful. Very slow to load and due to small screen size you have to constantly zoom and scroll. Screen resolution doesn't help and is disappointing.

Received a Torch and a Droid X today. RIM has a long way to go to catch up to the other devices in this area if this is important to you. One feature that I think the iPhone has is when you zoom the text "auto-wraps" and re-positions itself. I wish both of these devices did that.

As I use the device more there seems to be alot of "play" between the touch screen and the slider keyboard when its closed. You can definately feel it as you use the touch screen or 4 keys along the bottome. Feels loose.
    Last edited by sufan; 08-13-10 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    08-13-10 07:38 PM
    Minus the missing convenience key, and weaker speaker phone, I'm warming up to this Blackberry fairly quick. I love the Physical Keyboard along with the Virtual Keyboard great convenience there. An surprisingly i like the way it looks closed. When its open i kind of want to hide it under a table and type lol, just kidding but yea good device so far. I have a few more gripes but nothing that would make me take it back.
    08-13-10 08:27 PM
    I really like my Torch. Had for 30 hours. Glad I purchased! I agree there is some play in the slider when closed. Hope does not get worse. Love the key board. Different than 9700 but I have had no issues. The speaker is not as nice as 9700 and not cloae to 9000. The screen is very nice love the size. Weight is fine. Carry in my pocket fine.

I find the phone to be fast and have had no issues.

All apps are working including berry buzz. Berry weather. Video flash light and white noise

08-13-10 11:19 PM
    Ok just got back.. Changed phone.. speaker problem gone. But.. I now notice on the new one the contrast is not as good as the one I returned, the blacks are not as black. Ohh well the hizzing noise is gone.

A few more things I noticed, the speaker is very poor, I have my ring tone at 10 and I missed 4 calls already because I didn't not hear the phone in my pocket. Is not as loud as the 9700 or 9000. Second my fav ringtone is missing the ringer_BBpro_1 is the most normal sounding ringtone and I have been using it for the past 4 years I want it back!! Anyone knows how I can get it on my torch? The sales person did not exchange my mem card so all my pics are there, good thing I backed up before I left home today. The one I had before did not feel loose when closed. This one does a bit. But I rather not have the bad sound.
    U still facin that missed calls problem ? To me that will be a serious issue as me mostly on Field for work now . Pls lemme know if u feel that the ringtone audible issue still persist.

08-13-10 11:42 PM
    Hello! Got mine on launch day from best buy. I made a preorder on 8/11 and picked it up the next day. I'm loving it despite not being able to setup my vm (resolved). I've owned 2 bbs in the past & was recently on an iPhone the past 3 yrs. I wasn't impressed w the issues the i4 was having and was intrigued by a touch and physical keyboard phone.

I'm glad I switched!!

08-13-10 11:53 PM
    No. I had to purchase it separately.
    Where did you get your screen protector ?
    08-14-10 05:53 AM
    You can buy a sleeve of them from RadioShaq or Wal-Mart for like 4 bucks...
    08-14-10 05:55 AM
    Bought mine yesterday from ATT store. Switched over from the Storm 2. Aside from also having the problem of not being able to setup voice mail (not an issue with the phone but rather ATT), the phone itself feels like the best BB yet. The OS has just the right amount of intuative additional options. I will not miss the press touchscreen on the Storm as this one is far better.

Only minor quibbles. I think the charger port should be upper left, not lower left. It will get in the way of typing. The battery on mine looks like it may not last as long as my Storm's did.

Lastly, the ATT store wanted $49 for the charging base. I usually get three (work, home, second office) so thank you Crackberry store for having a far more favorable price on this item.
    08-14-10 09:16 AM
    Hello! Got mine on launch day from best buy. I made a preorder on 8/11 and picked it up the next day. I'm loving it despite not being able to setup my vm (resolved). I've owned 2 bbs in the past & was recently on an iPhone the past 3 yrs. I wasn't impressed w the issues the i4 was having and was intrigued by a touch and physical keyboard phone.

I'm glad I switched!!

How did you get the VIsual voice mail fixed? I am still not able to get it working
    08-14-10 01:40 PM
    How did you get the VIsual voice mail fixed? I am still not able to get it working
    Mine is working fine. I had to reenter my password and listened to a couple of messages.
    08-14-10 03:31 PM
    At the AT&T store. There are two in the package.
    08-14-10 03:36 PM
    got mine at winchester WV Costco.. was the first one to buy one.. but then again, who even knows where Winchester WV is?? LOL...
    LOL!!!! Actually, Winchester is in Virginia....you were damn near my place. That's the Costco where I shop!
    08-14-10 03:41 PM

All apps are working including berry buzz.

How did you get Berry Buzz going? I can't seem to be able to...
    08-14-10 04:07 PM
    Hi everyone!

I just picked up my 9800 Torch today and I encountered a problem with the Social Feeds app. I'm hoping one of you who has encountered this same problem and can help me with this.

Upon backing up my 9700 Bold 2 and updating it to my 9800, my Facebook and Twitter apps from the 9700 (older versions) override the 9800 apps (newer versions, most likely compatible with only OS 6). In addition to that, they both don't show up on the Social Feeds app.

I've been endlessly searching google and bb forums for an answer to get the updated versions and have it show up on the Social Feeds app but I've had no luck.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!
    I had the same problem and had to reload the reload the original OS and to a manual update using Blackberry desktop. And now my facebook, twitter apps are back on the phone and work fine.
    08-14-10 04:18 PM

08-14-10 04:21 PM

Only minor quibbles. I think the charger port should be upper left, not lower left. It will get in the way of typing. The battery on mine looks like it may not last as long as my Storm's did.
    hey there,
    what's the battery life been like? it usually takes about a week to obtain the full charging potential of a battery from what i hear.
    if it is truly worse than the storm 2, i'd be really disappointed! the storm 2 battery life is rly, rly poor! With 3G on, it doesn't last me 8 hours with average use i.e. send an email every 2 hours or reply a bb msg every half hour!
    08-14-10 09:37 PM
    hey there,
    what's the battery life been like? it usually takes about a week to obtain the full charging potential of a battery from what i hear.
    if it is truly worse than the storm 2, i'd be really disappointed! the storm 2 battery life is rly, rly poor! With 3G on, it doesn't last me 8 hours with average use i.e. send an email every 2 hours or reply a bb msg every half hour!
    There's a problem with the battery if its not outlasting the Storm 2. A big help to my battery life was turning screen brightness to 10 or 20 percent as well- even at that level its plenty bright enough for normal use

08-14-10 09:41 PM
    The corners are raised and when typing #'s holding the alt button is uncomfortable.
    I was reading through this thread and this statement caught my eye.

You don't have to hold the Alt button to type multiple numbers, you can lock the alt key by hitting alt then the shift key. This way you don't have to keep holding the alt key unless for some reason you prefer doing it that way.

If someone else commented to this effect, my apologies.
    08-14-10 09:55 PM

I also wish they had a button to lower the onscreen keyboard...grrr.
    Took me awhile to figure it out but you can lower the onscreen keyboard by doing a quick swipe down from the top of the keyboard. There is also an selection in the menu to hide the keyboard but you probably knew that.
    08-14-10 10:12 PM
    i want to ask some question...
    1. how about the batery? good like onyx9700? or poor like bold9000?
    2. how about the signal? coz i look all of slide handphone the signal is not good...
    Last edited by budi5555; 08-15-10 at 04:39 AM.
    08-15-10 04:36 AM
327 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD