10-27-10 07:21 AM
327 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Not that great out here in the west. Salem Oregon, store in W. Salem a reseller promised to have mine today, NOT!!! Manager is all apologetic and said tomorrow. The corporate store on the other side of town had a line waiting and were acting like they were going to charge a premium to get one of theirs. Really quite dissappointed in how this release has been handled out here. Think maybe I will go online tonite and buy the New Dell Streak.
    08-12-10 05:52 PM
    Got mine this morning. No issues with call quality. Calls are crystal clear, screen is beautiful, and the OS6 is sick! Love the 5MP camera too! I'm so glad RIM finally decided to redesign their web browser. No wiggles, no shakes, the body is good.
    Last edited by cbanks_80; 08-12-10 at 06:09 PM.
    08-12-10 05:52 PM
    ^ Nice! All the employees at the AT&T store I visited were wearing that exact shirt as well. I should have complimented them to get one for myself!
    08-12-10 05:53 PM
    I want one so bad but I live in Switzerland......Is anyone ok to buy one and send it to me? I will pay for everything in advance, off course. please help!!! I already did that for my actual Sprint Bold 9650. wize1972@gmail.com
    08-12-10 06:00 PM
    I get the exact same problem, I like to know if is a wide spread issue

Same issue here -- trying to decide whether or not to return it and go with ?? - have tried iphone 4 - had a 9700 with tmobile prior - and was very happy with it... the sound quality on my end is horrible.. its like the person has put you on speakerphone all of the sudden (only they haven't) --

ALSO the QA on the phone (as in the testing before releasing the software) is marginal at best.. I'm not a happy user so far.
    08-12-10 06:22 PM
    My 9700 has the buzz/feedback on phone calls occasionally, its not an all the time thing so I know its not the device. I think like tumer said, its more an issue with the network at the moment. Maybe it needs a case

I've purchased one as an upgrade for someone here in the office, I'll play with his when it comes it before I decide to move from the 9700 to the 9800.... but so far everything I have seen has me intrigued.... all it needs now is tweetdeck.
    How do we know its not an issue with the phone? I have used the 9700 for a while now and never had as bad of sound quality as I had with this phone so far...
    08-12-10 06:24 PM
    from looking at some pics, can someone comment on whether the usb charger gets in the way of typing (physical/virtual keyboards) while it's plugged in?

It looks like it might but let me know.. Not a big deal, but definitely something RIM could have thought about when positioning that charging location on the 9800.
    08-12-10 06:28 PM
    Yeah, I was wondering why they moved the position of the charger. Not that big of a deal, though.
    08-12-10 06:38 PM
    Got the phone an hour ago and it is instantly my favorite device or phone I've ever had(went through the bold's and iphones). slider is smooth and slick, the screen even for being the size it is and only beind half-vga is gorgeous. The os is the smoothest running thing to date(granted I have not fully played around with a Android yet). Social Networking is kind of confusing, been trying to get select peoples updates not every update in general but that will work out in time. The full size Qwerty is very nice to have and not small keys either. Very comfortable device....
    Oh and Thank God for the new Web kit browser!!!!! Runs smoothly and make it easy to read your favorite websites. Anyone that is on at&t I would highly suggest getting this but find a non-busy time to go in, waited an hour and a half today just to upgrade this phone. Love it!!!!!
    08-12-10 06:53 PM
    I HATE U ALL!! jk. but i do want, no need this phone. darn at&t for getting it instead of Verizon. Congrats to all u new torch owners.
    08-12-10 07:05 PM
    its the same position as the storm 2 i think...
    and yes it does get in the way. very annoying.
    08-12-10 07:09 PM
    Got mine earlier and it's a beauty. I haven't tested out
    how sturdy it is yet thought. Didn't even care. lol.
    08-12-10 07:12 PM
    AT&T doesn't charge the phone purchase to your wireless account? That's what Rogers does in Canada... You don't pay anything on the spot, it shows up on your next cellphone bill.
    nope... due to all the fraud, at&t stopped bill to mobile/account
    08-12-10 07:13 PM
    I was thinking about picking one up today as I went to the car wash and feeling good about selling my 9700 because of the great condition it was in. So what happens when I step out of my truck at the car wash? I see my 9700 leave my lap in slow motion head first and smack into the pavement! AHHHH! So now my truck is fresh and clean and I decide to head to the local ATT store.

I get to the ATT store and start to play with the store model Torch. I instantly fell in love with it and OS 6! The hardware is pretty much what I've been expecting from RIM. A great combination of touch-screen and qwerty keyboard. The web-kit browser is pretty awesome with the tabbed browsing and pinch-to-zoom. I like the new social feeds app (combing every social app in one place).

So my name comes up on the list and I talk to the ATT rep letting him know I'm very interested in the Torch and this would be my 3rd berry if I walked out with the Torch today. I informed him about the crackberry.com special for new ATT customers getting the Torch for $99. I said if they waived the early upgrade fee ($75) and the activation fee ($36) I would pony up the $199 today. He looked up my account and had seen I've been with ATT for almost 7 years and he said, "I think you're gonna be happy today, let me go in the back and talk to my manager". He goes in the back and comes out 2 minutes later and says, "You're in luck, you're gonna get it for $199 today without all the fees". To say the least, I was SUPER STOKED.

The kicker...the manager comes out, looks at my newly dented 9700 and says, "Hey, I'll buy this off of you, take my card and text me later". SWEEEET!

All in all, a great day!
    08-12-10 07:19 PM
    Love my Torch, my only issue is when the screen is closed, it is a little loose. I paid $500 for mine off contract and expect to have the highest quality build. Is anyone else having this issue? If not, i may ask for a exchange.
    08-12-10 07:19 PM
    Any word on when the torch will come to Canada and to Fido? I can't wait to get me one especially after reading these comments lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 07:21 PM
    i am absolutely in love! ...rockin with my new otterbox case (:
    08-12-10 07:35 PM
    Love my Torch, my only issue is when the screen is closed, it is a little loose. I paid $500 for mine off contract and expect to have the highest quality build. Is anyone else having this issue? If not, i may ask for a exchange.

mine is a rock just annoyed by buzz when talking on phone
    08-12-10 07:36 PM
    Absolutely loving my new Torch! Some of the newer features take a little getting used to but so far, no complaints! . Loving the fact that I can switch from using on screen keyboard to physical keyboard in milliseconds!! This is an awesome upgrade from my Curve 8900! And oh my god, the review they did on the browser does it NO JUSTICE in my opinion! The browser is absolutely amazing! Very fast compared to what it was on my 8900! No comparison at all!

In my opinion, the Torch has it all! Full touch screen capabilities plus the reliability of physical counterparts (trackpad & keyboard)! You really can't go wrong! I'd recommend the upgrade if you're able! I know I'm VERY happy

08-12-10 07:37 PM
    All rockin here. Getting used to typing like this. Ill see about to posting pictures. Got the phone awhile ago. Pretty good so far.

08-12-10 08:07 PM
    Man, I'm 14 months into my AT&T contract and I was just on their site in a live chat inquiring about upgrading and extending my contract. Rep told me I would have to pay full retail for the phone at $500. Am I missing something here? I did check out mileageplus wireless and the site was saying the phone is only $160 with a contract extension. Which is right?
    08-12-10 08:13 PM
    Got mine this morning at walmart at 7am only had one in stock and I got it. Love it so far took me awhile to get use to OS6. But for those with upgrades available or money for the outright to buy try the phone at AT&T first.

08-12-10 08:18 PM
    I never thought at&t would come out with a device like this... I had a Palm Pre Plus when it dropped on at&t in May. Loved it. Loved webOS. Actually liked the form factor (never been a fan of sliders) but gave it to my sister due to its lacking battery life. She wanted it more than I did.
    When it was announced last week and I saw all the vids and pics of it, I decided I must have it. Luckily I had just sold some phones and had some cash in the ole paypal account so I basically paid the upgrade price.
    I picked it up at the at&t store in Southcenter Mall in Tukwila, Wash. They didn't have much in the way of accessories. One case, case-mate barely there, in purple. Luckily I love the color purple (I am a University of Washington grad) so I grabbed that, the phone, and they were super cool about it. In fact, the rep asked me if I wanted to do an early upgrade but I am going to save that for a while.
    I immediately went to the nearby Ghost Armor kiosk where they looked at the phone like it was an alien, I explained it had JUST come out, they said they could custom cut and install a screen protector for and give them 20 minutes. I grabbed a bite to eat then came back and it looked amazing.
    I don't have a pic of it all set up yet but I've been playing with it for more than an hour now.
    I wasn't sure that I would sell my 9700 but now that I have the Torch, I am pretty sure it's going on ebay this weekend. LOL.

Here is mine (still in the box) shortly after purchase. Yay!
    08-12-10 08:18 PM
    anyone in missouri posting prices?
    08-12-10 08:42 PM
    I am. Paid 500 as well. I'm taking it to my local store in Grand Rapids, MI for an exchange. It is really annoying when trying to scroll through a website or click on icons while the screen is slid shut (if that makes sense).
    08-12-10 09:25 PM
327 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD