I got mine, love it. There are a few minor things that I don't care for but overall, it isn't a gimmick phone, it allows you to use the phone however you want and the options for making it work for you are even better than before. Here's a video I shot yesterday to see what the video camera looked like. I'm shocked that it didn't distort like the 8900 did.

08-30-10 10:08 AM
    I walked in the store fully intending to buy one but did not. How is everyone's slider? The four display models all had a decent amount of wiggle both when typing on and when open. That really concerns me.
    The slider feels good. It wiggles a little when I purposely wiggle it but that is expected because it moves up and down. The only thing that i would change is a slightly bigger rim on screen, under the trackpad, so that I can easily push the slider up with my thumb. I have big fingers and I constantly hit the track pad with my thumb if I am not paying attention.
    09-02-10 02:05 PM
    The phone is $199 out right, no rebate. In IL the guy at the store just told me with tax it will be about $217
    I got mine for $99 no tax and free activation.
    09-02-10 02:08 PM
    arrrrrggghhhhhhhhh. I ordered mine on friday evening at 6:08pm and it is suppose to arrive monday. I paid $99, not tax, no activation, with my upgrade. I hope that was a good deal.
    I got mine for $99 no tax and free activation.
    There is an echo in here!
    09-04-10 11:18 AM
    Just got mine. Absolutely love it and its a huge step up from my old 8900

09-05-10 01:30 PM
    There is an echo in here!
    My apologizes I got too excited lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 01:41 PM
    So I've had my 9800 for one week today. There are several really annoying things that I can't figure out how to remedy:

Sound (tones) - I keep the setting on "Loud" but all sounds are extremely hard to hear. I also have not been able to even change the indicator tones. I get them changed, everything looks good but they don't actually stick. Have tried giving special tones to contacts - nope.

Text messages - After I read a text message I exit out to the main screen. When I get a reply text from a person and go there the screen is 10-15 messages up so I have to scroll down to the current message. The only way I can prevent this is to keep the message open. Sooooooo annoying.

Network settings - Every time I pick up my Blackberry my thumb hits the top of the screen an pulls up the network settings. How often do you need the network settings that this has to be a hot spot on the top of the screen?
    09-08-10 09:24 AM
    you should try the new leak .214
    09-08-10 03:26 PM
    help! im trying to buy a blackberry torch and they say i need to have a contract.. ive tried walmart and best buy
    09-08-10 08:55 PM
    help! im trying to buy a blackberry torch and they say i need to have a contract.. ive tried walmart and best buy
    You should be able to buy one outright without a contract. I know ATT offers this option. Try going to an ATT store rather than a big box retailer. Only thing is you'll be paying five to six hundred dollars for one.
    09-14-10 12:53 PM
    attwireless.com has it for 499.99 no commitment.
    09-14-10 02:00 PM
    Hi, kinda new here and just starting reading all the info.
    Wish I had done that earlier.
    Got my new Torch 2 weeks ago. Really like it even with rough spots in the OS.
    Installed most of the apps that I had on my 9650 and then the trouble started.
    Lost BIS and browser. AT+T store for two hours. They were very helpful. BB support for another hour. No solution. Provisions were missing. Gave me a new phone.
    Installed apps on new phone and all of sudden no BIS, no browser. Back to the store. While I was waiting, changed my mind and came home to do some research on forums.
    Did a security wipe and all is good. Been very careful about what 3rd party apps I am installing. All is still good. Interesting that battery life has also gotten much better.
    Moral of this story - be careful what apps you install. Seems like some of them are not ready for OS6 even though they are listed for the phone.
    Thanks.
    09-19-10 10:41 AM
    Forgot to say how much I LOVE this phone!
    09-19-10 10:51 AM
    After I downloaded .225 I see a bunch of avatars pre-loaded on my phone? Why? and what do I use them for?
    09-19-10 11:32 AM
    I received my Torch about 2week ago..I 'm having lot of fun with this...My first Blackberry..I am having a problem with my picture folder..How can I remove pics to new folders ..videos too...I have tried everything I can think of..I dont like the way the pic. folders come up, with actual pic instead of words...
    09-19-10 07:49 PM
    Just got mine yesterday. Added the Otterbox Commuter Case and Zagg Invisibleshield to protect the screen as I have done on all my BB's. Upgraded OS to .225 and working fine. Unlocked my S2 since I just came over from VZ which I will use as my backup for now. Looking forward to Theme makers adding new themes in the future. It's nice having a physical keyboard as an option too!

Last edited by cgbb; 09-19-10 at 09:14 PM.
    09-19-10 08:17 PM
    Just got mine. Absolutely love it and its a huge step up from my old 8900

Does that case come with the phone?
    09-20-10 10:07 PM
    I wondered about that too - mine didn't come with a case. (Bought it directly from AT&T)
    09-22-10 10:59 PM
    no cases come with the phone, at least not through at&t
    09-23-10 09:12 AM
    Torch bugs are all fixed in the 6.0.0.246 update!!! Smooth scrolling swiping and etc...

09-23-10 12:53 PM
    Torch bugs are all fixed in the 6.0.0.246 update!!! Smooth scrolling swiping and etc...

How do we get the update?
    09-23-10 03:46 PM
    Just ordered 9800 Charging Pod for $17.99. It's Cheap & right within my recession-like budget! and Shipping is free (but of course it'll take 4-7 business days to get here).
    Last edited by BMWABB; 09-23-10 at 10:21 PM.
    09-23-10 10:19 PM
    I just got my Torch yesterday, everything is great, but it seems like the processor is a bit slow. Moving from the iPhone 3GS to the Nexus One to the iPhone 4, and now the Torch, I've got to say this is a bit slower. But I'm really enjoying the integration of social media and email, second to android, but far better than iPhone. And BBM is a seriously cool concept, lol.
    09-24-10 03:36 AM
    Quick question - The call send/end keys, are they touch or physical buttons?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com. buttons!

09-24-10 06:20 AM
    Just got mine today after being a WM user for about three months. Had a Storm1 before the WM device (HTC HD2)...I'm loving the Torch! OS6 is amazing!
    09-25-10 07:09 PM
327 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD