Well, I'm liking the torch more and more. My wife is an iphone lover and after seeing the torch she is rethinking her options. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 08:25 PM
    Picked mine up an hour after store in laguana niguel, CA opened. Sales guy said they had already sold 10 and had several being upgraded as I was staning there.

Absolutely love this thing! Solid build, no wiggle. Great screen resolution for all my needs! Social networkin being aggragated in one place is really nice! Web browsing is now FUN!! Calls are clear, no buzz.

Paid 199.99 less 50.00 loyal customer discount....without even knowing about the discount. In and out in less than 15 minutes.

All my apps were easy to transfer over from my BB 9000.

If your considering this phone, go for it!
    08-12-10 10:09 PM
    I actually just called that store to see if they are carrying any, I'm probably going to buy mine from the Willow Grove location, they're a lot nicer. Typically Newtown anything, is snooty and stuck up.
    Im in a different state obviously, but I think our store has the same employees that your store has, or is it that many (not all) of the att reps in the corportare stores are **** munches? I almost refuse to goto my local store due to the attitudes of the employess (there is one in there that is very helpful though). Ok, im done complaining.
    08-12-10 10:20 PM
    sucks its only available for at&t right now
    08-12-10 10:24 PM
    Ordered mine today...had to order from AT&T to get for $199 due to upgrade exception being a few months early...Bold 9000 i got in Feb didnt survive a swim in Jul. Store wanted an additional $100 for early upgrade..so now I wait for the mailman. Briefly checked out the live store demo and looks like this will be an awsome phone. Coming from an 8320 to 9000 and now briefly having to use a 3G IPhone....Im so ready for the mail to arrive.
    08-12-10 10:30 PM
    Picked up my Torch at the Webster, TX AT&T at about 11 am this morning. I was number two in line and got great service. They wanted to do all the transfers of my data right there but I told them that was part of the fun--doing it yourself!

No rattles here..even my wife says it is built solidly and feels good in the hand. I have to ease up on my touch tho because I am particularly ham-handed and seem to touch the wrong keys when using the digital keyboard. That's my biggest problem--getting used to the touch screen.

Everything on my old Bold 9000 was set up for someone with big hands and this one isn't as easy for me to navigate. But it is doable and with some practice I'm sure I will get to love it.

BTW it fits perfectly in the old 9000 leather case so that saved a buck or two. Of course it responds to the magnets the way a BB should by changing over to holster mode.

I upgraded as my account was ripe for an upgrade and walked out lighter by $216. Where do people get these "good customer" deals and save $50?!?

Don't hesitate. It is the best BB yet. It comes with a new learning curve but it is not anywhere as steep as if you never had a BB before. And the call quality is terrific. My wife knew I was talking from the new phone simply by the quality of the call.

Hope it stays a good phone. I look forward to a few years of solid service.
    08-12-10 10:31 PM
    Picked mine up this morning and everything with the Torch is great...my issues are with the terrible service at the AT&T store. I got there 20 minutes after opening and there were a few ahead of me ... they told me a 20 minute wait but it took an hour. I would have bailed and found another store but it's our only one ... I complained and the manager said they were working as hard as possible ... I had to tell him that a better plan could have been made for a major product launch.

Then I get told that I can't keep my unlimited data plan and be grandfathered in and have to get the 2G package because I use my BB to tether ... another nightmare. I asked the rep to call customer care and he said I have to do that.

I did get the $50 loyal customer discount ... that really means that I wasn't on a contract...LOL.

Anyone else have trouble upgrading from Bold to Torch with OS6? Never could get contacts moved over and had to go back to the store .... ugh.

Great phone though ... !
    08-12-10 10:37 PM
    Same issue here -- trying to decide whether or not to return it and go with ?? - have tried iphone 4 - had a 9700 with tmobile prior - and was very happy with it... the sound quality on my end is horrible.. its like the person has put you on speakerphone all of the sudden (only they haven't) --

ALSO the QA on the phone (as in the testing before releasing the software) is marginal at best.. I'm not a happy user so far.
    I think I'm going to wait and see if a few unit issue or if is a handset wide problem. I like the phone
    08-12-10 11:24 PM
    i love the phone.. only problems I am having is sometimes the track pad will not scroll right away seems to lag.

when i type in my password to unlock the device and use the touch screen it does not respond right away, a lag happens and I keep touching the screen to get it to work. After pushing it a few times it will take me to where ever i touch the screen. anyone having these issues?

over all i love the device and I will recommend it to anyone that is a true BB person.
    08-12-10 11:51 PM
    just got mine today.i love it so far the only thing is this is my first touchscreen device so it kinda annoying getting use to the touchscreen. i been playing with the sensitivity all day.but other then that i love it. i bought mine in best buy in new jersey
    08-13-10 01:27 AM
    I have the BB Tour with Sprint and ATT my old phone was the 9700 bold.

The Screen res is better on those devices then the Torch, VERY NOTICEABLE.

But the device is cool....I wish they would of use the same screen as the 9700.....

I also wish they had a button to lower the onscreen keyboard...grrr.
    08-13-10 01:56 AM
    Took two AT&T retail store visits to get mine. First store told me they weren't allowed to sell it outright for no commitment price for at least a week after launch even though I am already an AT&T customer. Went to 2nd store around lunch time and bought it with no hassle. $499.99 no commitment price.

This is my first blackberry after using iPhones since their initial launch and a slew of different Razrs years before that.

Overall I really like the look and design of the Torch. It has some weight to it, which I prefer rather than a flimsy thin phone. The dark chrome bezel is nice, but I would prefer black soft touch. Having touchscreen was important since I never used a physical keyboard before. The touch screen keyboards are pretty good. No big issues with them. I have to say I really like the physical keyboard. After years of touch screens, I was weary of a physical keyboard.

Unfortunately I have more cons for this phone than pros. Biggest issue is the wiggle of the slider. Can feel looseness in the lower right side even when not slid out. So when you are pressing the touch screen, you can feel the screen move in the lower right area. If you use the back key or end key with the slider extended, it feels really lose. I'm sure most have checked out the thread by now.

Screen resolution wasn't as good as I was hoping for. I was aware of it reading the reviews. It's not terrible though and something I could live with. There was a Bold 9700 on display next to the torch, and honestly the Bolds screen seemed a lot better and more vibrant. The torch screen felt a little washed out and not as vibrant.

Screen randomly goes from bright to dim, even with the autodim function turned off. Not sure if this is an isolated incidence or software thing. I'm new to BB, so there may be other options to adjust this that I haven't found.

I think I will likely return it for now to see if the wiggle slider becomes a widespread issue or just a bad batch of day 1 launch phones.
    08-13-10 02:15 AM
    I love blackberry. I love the functionality of it and it is the best communications device for sure. Having that said, I wish that more games r available for it. Any idea if "torch 2" will allow for open gl and 3D? I don't play games much but it would be great for times when u have to wait for something.

I am still not convinced by the torch as of now. I was excited about it when I first heard of it but now I am not so sure.

08-13-10 02:53 AM
    I noticed when i try to watch a video for the first time, the phone gets to the "buffering screen" of the video" then does a complete shutdown for some reason, this also happened when I owned a blackberry bold. Is there something to prevent this from happening and straight out watch youtube videos with no issues?!

thanks in advance for any info
    08-13-10 02:58 AM
    got mine at winchester WV Costco.. was the first one to buy one.. but then again, who even knows where Winchester WV is?? LOL...
    08-13-10 05:25 AM
    Hi everyone!

I just picked up my 9800 Torch today and I encountered a problem with the Social Feeds app. I'm hoping one of you who has encountered this same problem and can help me with this.

Upon backing up my 9700 Bold 2 and updating it to my 9800, my Facebook and Twitter apps from the 9700 (older versions) override the 9800 apps (newer versions, most likely compatible with only OS 6). In addition to that, they both don't show up on the Social Feeds app.

I've been endlessly searching google and bb forums for an answer to get the updated versions and have it show up on the Social Feeds app but I've had no luck.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!
    08-13-10 05:31 AM
    First one purchased here in Maplewood MN, was standing at the door at 9am.
    199 w/upgrade. Spent the day on the road with Torch everything has exceeded my expection so far. Phone reception better than 9700. Really is an awesome phone.
    My sales rep knew not much about, I showed him from all the videos here on Crackberry.
    08-13-10 05:34 AM
    I like to know how many here have no audio problems when talking on the phone, a hiz. I'm going to exchange the phone today, I really hope is just my phone because I like it more and more. And I haven't even setup my enterprise account just yet.

Will update if a new unit gets the problem resolved
    08-13-10 07:54 AM
    I'll give a review as best I can... I am coming from the original Bold 9000, and I bought that the day it came out too... I have been holding out for somthing I thought was worth the money, needless to say I now own a Torch!

I have not had too much time to play around with it as I have only been in possesion of it for less than 24 hours. Still have not gotten use to the digital keypad, so I am thrilled that I havnt lost the physical keypad. But the touch screen is growing on me. All the early reviews were bragging about the battery life, I am not impressed... My Bold keeps a batter charge and it is the original battery on a 3yr old phone, with that said it is nothing an extended or even a spare battery can not fix, because the boot up time is around 2min I don't mind putting a spare battery once in a while. The social media tool is neat, I wasn't a fan that it was pre loaded with 3 RSS feeds (they didnt start going off till 3AM, so I was pissed) but now they have been deleated. Overall I am happy with the phone, and am glad I waited for this phone! Oh and god bless the webkit... Maybe next update will have flash, because the droid has now beat RIM on that market, the droid still sucks though... That is all

08-13-10 08:30 AM
    I like to know how many here have no audio problems when talking on the phone, a hiz. I'm going to exchange the phone today, I really hope is just my phone because I like it more and more. And I haven't even setup my enterprise account just yet.

Will update if a new unit gets the problem resolved
    You know.. I think i have the same problem with my phone while in a call. I will wait for your update.
    08-13-10 08:59 AM
    Just switched from the iPhone to the Torch. Must say that I absolutely love this phone. Had a couple of issues when I got it. No visual voicemail_ resolved, no text ability- resolved, BB msngr is fantastic- resolution is fine - email capability is fantastic, the phone was tinny speakerwise yesterday - resolved due to system issues phone is fine!I absolutly love this phone! Iphones, droid bb are all great phones but the bb is definitly the one for me. Happy to be part of the bb family! Posted from my new ,bb

08-13-10 11:54 AM
    Just switched from the iPhone to the Torch. Must say that I absolutely love this phone. Had a couple of issues when I got it. No visual voicemail_ resolved, no text ability- resolved, BB msngr is fantastic- resolution is fine - email capability is fantastic, the phone was tinny speakerwise yesterday - resolved due to system issues phone is fine!I absolutly love this phone! Iphones, droid bb are all great phones but the bb is definitly the one for me. Happy to be part of the bb family! Posted from my new ,bb

And who said there wouldn't be anyone coming over from the iPhone or Android?

Welcome to CB and enjoy your new phone!
    08-13-10 12:09 PM

Welcome aboard. Glad you got all your issues resolved.
    08-13-10 12:10 PM
    You know.. I think i have the same problem with my phone while in a call. I will wait for your update.
    Ok just got back.. Changed phone.. speaker problem gone. But.. I now notice on the new one the contrast is not as good as the one I returned, the blacks are not as black. Ohh well the hizzing noise is gone.

A few more things I noticed, the speaker is very poor, I have my ring tone at 10 and I missed 4 calls already because I didn't not hear the phone in my pocket. Is not as loud as the 9700 or 9000. Second my fav ringtone is missing the ringer_BBpro_1 is the most normal sounding ringtone and I have been using it for the past 4 years I want it back!! Anyone knows how I can get it on my torch? The sales person did not exchange my mem card so all my pics are there, good thing I backed up before I left home today. The one I had before did not feel loose when closed. This one does a bit. But I rather not have the bad sound.
    08-13-10 12:12 PM
    i am absolutely in love! ...rockin with my new otterbox case (:

Lol, I got my OB as well and the screen protector before I left the store......just in case.
    08-13-10 12:49 PM
327 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD