Here in Las Vegas I got to the AT&T Store at 8:40am and there was only one other guy there waiting - as I was doing the paperwork two others came in asking for the 9800...

The store had all the cases and charging stands out for sale the day before.

The manager told me that they received 50 devices (only because they are the closest store to the Strip)
    08-12-10 12:40 PM
    Hey I'm a little outside of boston, can you tell me which store? I'm trying to do a search for Washington St stores, I've called 2 so far. One said they aren't even selling to people without a contract until they fulfill upgrades, and new customers. Other said 500. Still calling more stores

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    371 Washington St.

I called around 12:30 and this lady working there told me $350 for no contract price and when I asked how many they have she said "not many".

A friend of mine called 20 minutes later and a man this time told him $450 no contract price and that they have "more than enough". When my friend asked him about the $350 the man said he knows nothing about it.
    08-12-10 12:43 PM
    @qbnkelt.

Here, someone posted this the other day. New Official BB ringtones....maybe something in here you'd like

http://forums.crackberry.com/f15/new-official-blackberry-ringtones-499113/

You silly dog, you!!!! I WUUUUUVVVV you!!!!! Woof, woof!!!!
    08-12-10 12:46 PM
    I ordered mine for $99.99 @shopcrackberry.com
    is that something good?
    I had ordered for $199.99 @att and cancelled it...
    08-12-10 12:49 PM
    Remote Wireless Syncing:

When you pull up Desktop Manager and plug in your Torch for the first time, you will see the following screen.

Click "Yes...." and you will see the following screen.

Your phone will reboot (which only takes about 60 seconds!!!!!) and you will see the following screen.

EDIT:

Ok, I figured it out. I'm not the best writer, so please be patient with my inability to explain how this works properly

Anyways, I did all of the above and nothing at all changed on my phone. I was confused, I thought there would be an icon to wirelessly connect to my computer using WiFi, but there isn't. I then decided to go into my Music app and I noticed that I now had over 6,000 songs listed (instead of the 400 or so I actually have on my device).

So, here is how it works. When you open up your music app it looks the same. If you click into artists (or any other category) it will shows every song you have on your computer. If an song's name (or artist or album etc...) is dimmed out, that means the songs are on your computer but not your phone. If it is brightly lit, it is on your phone and computer and you can play it right then and there.

Now, if a song is dimmed out and only on your computer, you can click on it and set it to download the next time you connect to the same WiFi as your Computer with the song on it. Before you connect to your WiFi, the song will be listed in a separate section below "All Songs" "Artists" "Albums" etc... called "Desktop Downloads". When you connect to the WiFi, your songs will automatically start downloading. When they finish downloading, they will be available to play.

I have to say, this is really easy and smooth to do. Like I said, I suck at walkthroughs so I may have made it sound harder than it is. This is DEFINITELY one of the best media options I've ever seen on a phone!

Edit 2:

Its very easy to hide all the dimmed out songs and only see the ones you have on your device. When browsing songs, you click the menu button and select "Hide Home Music" and all you see are the songs on your device. Again, very very easy!
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 08-12-10 at 01:10 PM.
    08-12-10 12:51 PM
    Dude, sorry. Look at the post. I put up a pic of two people holding torches....i'll delete the post if it's that confusing...

EDIT: Pulled post due to confusion..it was a joke..
    Oh wow haha, My bad. Nice play on though.
    I don't wanna wait until Monday! I know AT&T ships really fast but....

I think I am gonna go head over there now if my boss will let me and see if AT&T will let me charge the phone to my wireless bill....

Anyone else know if that's possible??
    AT&T quit billing phones and accessories to wireless accounts a couple of years ago...sorry.
    @anastasiophan

Nice, can't wait to hear if it works well. Also do you know how big the file is that it installed onto your BB. Thanks!
    08-12-10 12:55 PM
    just called my local store in rockland cnty ,ny they said they havr plenty in stock and already got my early upgrade approved stoe is charging me 75 per line and coperate cust care gave me her fax to send reciept and they said they will credit me the fee so i am waiting for gf to come home and we will be off to get our 9800's yaaaaaaaahhhooooooooooooo
    very good to know, my account is set up the same way. I have one year left on my contract and I didnt know they could waive the 75 early upgrade fee. :-)
    08-12-10 12:57 PM
    Just got home from store, two new Torches in hand, one for me and one for my wife. Working on device switch in Desktop manager now. Barely used the phone but loved what I did use!
    08-12-10 01:00 PM
    @anastasiophan

Nice, can't wait to hear if it works well. Also do you know how big the file is that it installed onto your BB. Thanks!
    I updated my post. Everything is very easy and fun to do. Its a great addition to this phones media capabilities. A+ for RIM!
    08-12-10 01:12 PM
    Just picked mine up at store in rockland county,ny they got fifty and only have twenty left she expects them to b gone when people get off work also picked up the otterbox case I love it so far still have to get home and transfer from my bold

08-12-10 01:20 PM
    New owners:
    Does anyone else have sort of yellowish menu and back buttons? Mine are definitely yellow compared to the keyboard.
    08-12-10 01:25 PM
    Nope, mine are the same color as the keyboard.

WOOP! I got it! Only one other group in the store, I didn't have to wait long.

Don't notice any wiggle, it's very solid and the touch screen is awesome. The keyboard is smaller than I am used to, as I am swapping over from a Bold 9000, so I've been fumbling a bit but I am sure I will get used to it.

Pics and more as I play with it
    08-12-10 01:32 PM
    I can't WAIT to be able to connect to my DM!!! I've got a very busy 10 1/2 week old golden retriever puppy and I can't devote enough time to this right now.

Did anyone have trouble transferring apps from your previous device to this one?
    08-12-10 01:38 PM
    Hey I'm a little outside of boston, can you tell me which store? I'm trying to do a search for Washington St stores, I've called 2 so far. One said they aren't even selling to people without a contract until they fulfill upgrades, and new customers. Other said 500. Still calling more stores

guy im in peabody and theres 9800 available everywhere up here........saugus, danvers,peabody, beverly,ect....................i know thats a bit of a drive but check best buy...........they definately have them
    08-12-10 01:41 PM
    The keyboard is smaller than I am used to, as I am swapping over from a Bold 9000, so I've been fumbling a bit but I am sure I will get used to it.

Pics and more as I play with it
    My hubby is also coming from the 9000. He said it's a bit of a change, considering his paws, but he's managing OK. He's at work and I'm on a stay-cation....
    Just bought mine at AT&T and im waiting for my unlock code from cellunlock.net as i'm on t-mobile. Nice little phone.
    Give him some benedryl. He'll chill and you can mess with your phone! lol...jk
    When I checked my upgrade status with ATT it showed this:

Retail Price $499.99
    Online Discount - $300.00
    AT&T Upgrade Advantage Discount - $50.00
    Total Due Today $149.99

My question is, if I go to an ATT store will I get this price? Or do you need to purchase it online? If thats the case I can wait for over night shipping.
    08-12-10 01:42 PM
    I got it for 199.99, no sales tax where I live.
    08-12-10 01:50 PM
    Give him some benedryl. He'll chill and you can mess with your phone! lol...jk
    You know, I have some Rescue Remedy that I used to give my GSD, Thor, when he got too keyed up. hhhhmmmmm....

You know what I'm loving in OS 6? that social feed, or whatever it's called! everything in one place, at a glance! phone, twitter, facebook, mail....AWESOME!!!!

also, teh WEBKIT BROWSER IS AWESOME!!!!!! EXACTLY what I was hoping for!
    08-12-10 01:56 PM
    When I checked my upgrade status with ATT it showed this:

Retail Price $499.99
    Online Discount - $300.00
    AT&T Upgrade Advantage Discount - $50.00
    Total Due Today $149.99

My question is, if I go to an ATT store will I get this price? Or do you need to purchase it online? If thats the case I can wait for over night shipping.
    That's what I got my husband's for....mine was an outright purchase...
    08-12-10 01:57 PM
    371 Washington St.

I called around 12:30 and this lady working there told me $350 for no contract price and when I asked how many they have she said "not many".

A friend of mine called 20 minutes later and a man this time told him $450 no contract price and that they have "more than enough". When my friend asked him about the $350 the man said he knows nothing about it.
    Wow weird. Yea this is one I called around 130 , and I think its the one where I was told $500. Oh well, we tried. Thanks

08-12-10 02:05 PM
    Just picked up my torch!!! My sister got it free from the launch event last night here in NYC and she gave it to me!!!!

Posting from it now!!!!

Love it!!!!

Is your sister married yet? :-)

Congrats to you, no release date know here in the Netherlands, but we are gonna get it. Soon, I hope...
    08-12-10 02:06 PM
327 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD