@anastasiophan

Did you try the wireless music sync yet? Curious to hear how well that works and if it's practical.
    08-12-10 11:30 AM
    I'm still out and about and I can't play with this fully, but so far I only have two complaints - why all the stuFf I don't want, like the previous poster noted? ESPN?!?
    Also, the rings SUCK!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 11:35 AM
    I was just at the store and that was the first thing I felt. There some wiggle room and I wonder will the slider last two years. I think thats why online there is insurance offered. I really wanted to buy the phone but I think I will break down and get the Iphone.
    08-12-10 11:36 AM
    Oh, yeah, no creaking, noise, wiggle....SOLID!
    Keyboard is somehow reminiscent of the 9000 - rubbery, not slick like the 9700.

08-12-10 11:37 AM
    @qbnkelt.

Here, someone posted this the other day. New Official BB ringtones....maybe something in here you'd like

http://forums.crackberry.com/f15/new-official-blackberry-ringtones-499113/
    8:30 right now...

I WANT THIS PHONE SO BAD, but I don't get paid until tomorrow, and I can't do it then because I will be out of town all weekend!! Grrrr...

I wonder if I can write a check for the phone today???
    That employee sounds stupid.... android/iphone lover. Called 2 stores near Norristown, PA and they said they would have plenty to sell tomorrow.
    The one on DeKalb pike is new and never, ever busy. That's your best bet.
    08-12-10 11:38 AM
    Just picked mine up
    Got to the store at opening walked in no line only one other person bought one while I was there
    Independence Ohio store - 30 in stock
    08-12-10 11:44 AM
    Just came out of my local AT&T store here in Pt. Loma, near San Diego. 15 minutes to walk out the store with a new phone!

I showed up like a minute before the store opening and I was the second in line. It will be REALLY interesting to see the sales figures for the Torch by the end of this weekend.

Two initial impressions:

1. Very very solid build quality like most people have been saying. I was using an 8900 (just sold my 9700 shortly before Torch was released) and I was kind of surprised at how solid the phone felt. This is a good thing.

2. The lock button is SUPER sensitive. They need to add some sort of software fix such that it requires sustained pressure to activate or something. I've put my phone in my pocket a couple times and all times I've accidentally unlocked the phone. The "fix" for me is to NOT push the lock button when I push the phone into my pocket but I shouldn't have to think about this -_-". I hope I find this less annoying, not more so.

More later as I get a chance to play!
    08-12-10 11:46 AM
    8:30 right now...

I WANT THIS PHONE SO BAD, but I don't get paid until tomorrow, and I can't do it then because I will be out of town all weekend!! Grrrr...

I wonder if I can write a check for the phone today???
    AT&T doesn't charge the phone purchase to your wireless account? That's what Rogers does in Canada... You don't pay anything on the spot, it shows up on your next cellphone bill.
    08-12-10 11:49 AM
    I walked in the store fully intending to buy one but did not. How is everyone's slider? The four display models all had a decent amount of wiggle both when typing on and when open. That really concerns me.
    08-12-10 11:49 AM
    AT&T doesn't charge the phone purchase to your wireless account? That's what Rogers does in Canada... You don't pay anything on the spot, it shows up on your next cellphone bill.
    No idea! I should ask when they open in 7 minutes!!
    08-12-10 11:52 AM
    I think the omission of a holster/case has made the sensitivity of the lock button more noticeable. Perhaps a "solution" would be to put a password on your device (which I do anyways).
    08-12-10 11:52 AM
    How do you really move items out of "Downloads"? I held my finger on an icon, picked the "move to folder" option, and moved the item to another folder (where it shows up) but it still shows up in the "Downloads" folder too?
    08-12-10 12:01 PM
    I just called ATT and upgraded for $199.99 minus an instant rebate of $50 for being a loyal customer. I was eligible for a discounted upgrade with a 2 year contract. I should receive the phone tomorrow. Can't wait!
    08-12-10 12:01 PM
    I don't wanna wait until Monday! I know AT&T ships really fast but....

I think I am gonna go head over there now if my boss will let me and see if AT&T will let me charge the phone to my wireless bill....

Anyone else know if that's possible??
    08-12-10 12:07 PM
    How do you really move items out of "Downloads"? I held my finger on an icon, picked the "move to folder" option, and moved the item to another folder (where it shows up) but it still shows up in the "Downloads" folder too?
    I think that's the way RIM meant for it to be. Because even though u moved it to another folder, it's still a download... if that bugs you, maybe you can try hiding the icon that's in the download folder... I don't have a 9800 so forgive me if i'm suggesting something stupid.. lol
    08-12-10 12:07 PM
    I just called ATT and upgraded for $199.99 minus an instant rebate of $50 for being a loyal customer. I was eligible for a discounted upgrade with a 2 year contract. I should receive the phone tomorrow. Can't wait!
    How did you get that. I called them and they said there was no rebate. I have been a customer for 5 years.
    08-12-10 12:09 PM
    Purchasing mine right now! Woohoo!

08-12-10 12:11 PM
    CANT believe it.

VZW is giving a 2 for One on the Torch. Didn't know they had a Torch.
    I got two, gave the one on the right to my wife! The one on the left is very loud by the way...and vib is very good!
    How is this possible if it's GSM equipped?
    Not to be a skeptic, but, you have proof that you got this at Verizon??
    If you do, I will apologize for doubting.
    08-12-10 12:12 PM
    @anastasiophan

Did you try the wireless music sync yet? Curious to hear how well that works and if it's practical.
    I have not yet. I don't know how it works, and haven't gotten to figuring it out. I believe it is done through Desktop Manager, so I'll check it out now and get back to you. But, the wired sync is much easier than it used to be.
    08-12-10 12:16 PM
    Argggg the rep said they do not charge to accounts. It's gonna have to be check. And hopefully they won't cash it before noon tomorrow hahaha.
    08-12-10 12:19 PM

Aaahahahaha.....seriously? LOL
    08-12-10 12:19 PM

Dude, sorry. Look at the post. I put up a pic of two people holding torches....i'll delete the post if it's that confusing...

EDIT: Pulled post due to confusion..it was a joke..
    Last edited by berryfit; 08-12-10 at 12:23 PM.
    08-12-10 12:20 PM
    Just got mine. Setting it up now. My Washington St. AT&T store in Boston is selling outright for $350. The sales rep didn't quite understand why it was so cheap and most outright sales in the past have been $499 and up. Asked him to hurry up and ring it in before someone caught on!
    Hey I'm a little outside of boston, can you tell me which store? I'm trying to do a search for Washington St stores, I've called 2 so far. One said they aren't even selling to people without a contract until they fulfill upgrades, and new customers. Other said 500. Still calling more stores

08-12-10 12:36 PM
327 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD